Club v Country

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Club v Country - England win the World Cup or Blades go up as Champions.......

• SUFC

Votes: 237 89.8%
  • Engerlund

Votes: 27 10.2%

• Total voters

The Ndaiye v England thread prompted the old Club v Country thing....so what would it be this year, England win the World Cup or Blades promoted as Champions...?
Neither? I really couldn't care less about England and if we get promoted it's fucking VARball.

Used to go to England games both home and away and have been to numerous tournaments. Slowly but surely I've become less and less interested in England and international football in general. My waning interest started under Sven when I stopped watching friendlies, next were qualifying games and I suspect that this World Cup will see me skip "proper" games in the favour of doing other stuff. Genuinely couldn't give a shit how far we get. Maybe it's an age thing.

No brainer for any self respecting Blades fan.

After a negative group performance England go out to Senegal in last 16. A young substitute called Illiman Ndiaye comes off the bench to score the winner in 2-1 victory. Southgate resigns immediately after the game.

6 months later you're sat in the Nelson with fellow Blades watching the last game of the season at Birmingham away. SUFC are second Burnley 2 points in front 1 goal difference better off. Third place team Watford are 2 points behind but with much better goal difference.

First 5 minutes disaster strikes as Brum score twice one a blatant offside and another fluke deflection. Keith I'm not giving the Blades anything Stroud is the ref. 70 minutes in Burnley drawing but third place team Watford winning Blades now in 3rd place. Mcb goes off injured and veteran Billy Sharp comes off the bench having had a miserable season where he has only scored 1 goal. With his first touch Sharp sends Ndiaye away and he's brought down. Sharp steps up and scores penalty 2-1 after 73 minutes. 10 minutes go by and Ndiaye weaves through the Brum defence to slip in the equaliser but is injured and goes off for Khedra.

Two minutes to go we're still third. Khedra sheer pace gets him onto a long punt forward and is brought down in the penalty area. Stroud hesitates but its a clear penalty and its given and Brum player sent off. Sharp steps up puts the ball down the middle que scenes in the Nelson we're second. One more goal and we're champs if Burnley draw. News comes in Watford finished 1-1 we're promoted if 2-3 stays the same. 96th minute Khedra waltzes past 6 defenders and unselfishly squares the ball to Sharp for a tap in and his hat trick. Burnley draw we are champions by virtue of 1 goal difference. Kompany has sour grapes interview on Sky moaning they are the better footballing side and lost few games so it shouldn't be decided on goal difference. Heckingbottom carrying Khedra around the pitch saying I knew he'd come good in the end.

Two weeks later back to the Nelson to watch the Pigs in play off final against Derby. Pigs go 1-0 up but goals from Mcgoldrick and a 95th minute winner from Osula keep the pigs in the third tier two divisions below us. Much aching of sides laughing as we look forward to City and Liverpool while they have Morecambe and Fleetwood as the sea side.

Meanwhile in an alternative darker world the big gobby sweaty pig in the local boozer wants to be your friend for the next 2 weeks as we're all Ingerland aren't we. Tales of Wendy winning the World C

If I can have Blades up in second and England win World Cup?

I've seen us promoted, I expect to see it again. I've never seen England win owt, and I'm in my 50s now.

After a negative group performance England go out to Senegal in last 16. A young substitute called Illiman Ndiaye comes off the bench to score the winner in 2-1 victory. Southgate resigns immediately after the game.

6 months later you're sat in the Nelson with fellow Blades watching the last game of the season at Birmingham away. SUFC are second Burnley 2 points in front 1 goal difference better off. Third place team Watford are 2 points behind but with much better goal difference.

First 5 minutes disaster strikes as Brum score twice one a blatant offside and another fluke deflection. Keith I'm not giving the Blades anything Stroud is the ref. 70 minutes in Burnley drawing but third place team Watford winning Blades now in 3rd place. Mcb goes off injured and veteran Billy Sharp comes off the bench having had a miserable season where he has only scored 1 goal. With his first touch Sharp sends Ndiaye away and he's brought down. Sharp steps up and scores penalty 2-1 after 73 minutes. 10 minutes go by and Ndiaye weaves through the Brum defence to slip in the equaliser but is injured and goes off for Khedra.

Two minutes to go we're still third. Khedra sheer pace gets him onto a long punt forward and is brought down in the penalty area. Stroud hesitates but its a clear penalty and its given and Brum player sent off. Sharp steps up puts the ball down the middle que scenes in the Nelson we're second. One more goal and we're champs if Burnley draw. News comes in Watford finished 1-1 we're promoted if 2-3 stays the same. 96th minute Khedra waltzes past 6 defenders and unselfishly squares the ball to Sharp for a tap in and his hat trick. Burnley draw we are champions by virtue of 1 goal difference. Kompany has sour grapes interview on Sky moaning they are the better footballing side and lost few games so it shouldn't be decided on goal difference. Heckingbottom carrying Khedra around the pitch saying I knew he'd come good in the end.

Two weeks later back to the Nelson to watch the Pigs in play off final against Derby. Pigs go 1-0 up but goals from Mcgoldrick and a 95th minute winner from Osula keep the pigs in the third tier two divisions below us. Much aching of sides laughing as we look forward to City and Liverpool while they have Morecambe and Fleetwood as the sea side.

Meanwhile in an alternative darker world the big gobby sweaty pig in the local boozer wants to be your friend for the next 2 weeks as we're all Ingerland aren't we. Tales of Wendy winning the World C

Sounds great this Khedra lad, is his signing in Jan? Wonder if that means we are sending Khadra back to Brighton?

It's a tough one because we could win the Championship, go up, get relegated and potentially win it again the year after.

I agree with some of the earlier posts around the general piss-headery and cringy people jumping on the bandwagon who for the last 4 years don't give a toss about football then suddenly start painting their faces and putting flags on their cars when there's a vague chance that we might win something.

If I could choose, I'd take going up in second place and a World Cup victory though I'm sure we'll find a way to lose way before we start troubling the final.

This country is terrible when England are doing well. Everything is 150% patriotism and it's ridiculous. You can't escape it. It's everywhere. The overkill makes it unbearable for me. I'd rather just get knocked out in the group stages and enjoy the actual football without all the bullshit. My favourite world cup was the one we didn't qualify for. So much fun. Everywhere was much nicer. You could go to the pub and enjoy the football without it being pissed dickhead central.

You telling me that St George crosses on Budweiser bottles doesn’t bring a tear to your eye?!!?!!

Apart from anything else, I reckon I feel far prouder to call myself a Blade and feel far more kinship with most Blades fans, than to call myself an England fan and associate myself with some of the bellends that supposedly represent us.

Aye of course they aren't all dickheads and some of ours are. But I'd rather stand shoulder to shoulder with us lot than many of the racist, coked up twats that regularly embarrass our country thinking they're Danny Dyer, then head back to the office on Monday morning.

100% Blades first every time.

I've warmed to supporting England more as I've got older, and I'd love to see them win the World Cup in my lifetime. No doubt if they actually did it I'd be ecstatically pissed somewhere, with some mates, singing 3 lions with the rest of them, but until and if that happens, I'll "support" them only in the sense that I casually want them to do well.

I've just realised a key difference as I typed that. I always refer to the England team as "them." The Blades are always "us." That says it all for me.

Absolute no brainer at all. Blades all day long.
It's 29/1 for Blades to win Championship and England to win World Cup as a double bet on Sky Bet.
England will let you down if you have this bet.

Not that you’ve given this much thought of course

Can I copy this script?

Now you’ve gone and done it!

I was about ts say that my age and my priority for Blades promotion mean that I have lost all interest in the Club v Country, and this World Cup business.

I have never been so underwhelmed and disinterested in a World Cup, but the prospect of Southgate resigning has completely re-energized me. All your fault Addison. ;)
It must be the location of this WC. 🤷‍♂️

Yet to get swept up in any WC fever and until yesterday didn't realise it kicked off on Monday. so by default, only have any attention on Blades success.

I may yet join the fickle Engurlanders in a few week but couldn't care less at the min.

Couldn’t care less about the national team tbh so it’s us winning 100%, I would even vote for us winning a friendly v pigs than a World Cup

As long as we see some quality matches in every big tournament then that will do for me, don’t care who wins

I’m 100% Blade and 100% an Englishman. I’ll watch all of England games in a boozer somewhere and I hope they win the cup. I’ll be partying if they do. BUT any choice between the blades and any other team on the planet, including the national team and the Red and White Wizards win every time.

Back
Top Bottom