FA Cup

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

FriethBlade

Reaction score
So I really hope we take it seriously this year. We've had a shitter of a season so far and a good run in the cup would lift some gloom.

Forget all this shit 'save the players for the league' as we are down already. Let's go for it and see if we can get through a few rounds. A few nice away days where we aren't just parking rhe bus would be nice as would be a bit of extra revenue.

If Wilder picks a reserve team v the Gills, shoes are off, I'm in the car park and I'm not renewing my season ticket ( don't have one)

Oh and happy new year to everyone on here

Gillingham are the lowest scorers in the league, it’s a chance to get the confidence up a bit, send a strong side out and get at them, this should be a good chance to pick a much needed win up so respect them but let’s just take it to them. I agree with the OP, we should be all out to go as far as we can in this competition this year.

I think we certainly should field a strong team as any win is good for confidence and we don't have a game for another 3 weeks after that so no need to worry about fatigue. Yes we may get injuries, but our lot are equally capable of getting injured whilst having a shower it seems.

I’m surprised it wasn’t picked for Tv coverage this game, a prem team against a league 2 or a conference side away usually always gets picked. This is another sure sign that those in charge of the game aren’t interested in anything other than the money.

We don't have the strength in depth to pick a reserve team
We'll pick a mix of youth and experience. Nobody carrying a knock will be risked but with no game until the 20th it'll be a strong lineup. Last time Wilder managed us as a PL side in an FA cup game he picked a full strength XI (Ramsdale / Basham - Egan - Ampadu / Bogle - Lundstram - Norwood - Fleck - Osborn / McGoldrick - Mousset); at Millwall in 2020 there was a fair bit of rotation (Henderson / Basham - Jagielka - O'Connell / K Freeman - Besic- Norwood - L Freeman - Osborn / Sharp - Robinson)

My guess would be:
Foderingham
Bogle - Ahmedhodzic - Robinson - Trusty
Hamer - Norwood - Brooks
Brewster - Osula - Archer

It’s a hard one, we need to win games to get a winning mentality, if he plays the first-ish XI and we fail to win then confidence will be even more shot than it currently is.

If we play a 2nd team and we don’t win then fans will go mental.

We also need to play on the front foot and have more of the ball than the opposition, something we’ve not done since last season, can we switch back to this quickly?!

Be a good idea to just use it to try and build the team, we dont have a squad to rotate so play our best team and use it to try and create and score some goals!
Keep possession and try and develop the style of play we do t have, Wilder has stressed repeatedly that he’s had no time to work on this in training yet.

Should be a mixture of Norwood, Fleck, Davies,RND, Osborn ,Brewster etc, should be good enough,if not ditch em in JTW

Should be a mixture of Norwood, Fleck, Davies,RND, Osborn ,Brewster etc, should be good enough,if not ditch em in JTW
Looking at a squad to include them to me is throwing the towel in?! Hope some of our deadwood is gone before our next home game.

Whilst the cup run provided 100% of the exciting games last season, anyone fancying a Semi Final v City/Liv/Arsenal?

So I really hope we take it seriously this year. We've had a shitter of a season so far and a good run in the cup would lift some gloom.

Forget all this shit 'save the players for the league' as we are down already. Let's go for it and see if we can get through a few rounds. A few nice away days where we aren't just parking rhe bus would be nice as would be a bit of extra revenue.

If Wilder picks a reserve team v the Gills, shoes are off, I'm in the car park and I'm not renewing my season ticket ( don't have one)

Oh and happy new year to everyone on here
Think he will play the same team that started at City - oh - wait

Yeah I can't pick a team I started but so many players need time, just got over injuries etc, need to play together it just got to complicated.
I reckon Davies will get an outing in goal; McBurnie up front possibly starting with Brewster.
The rest is anybody's guess.

Either the strongest 11 or a weaker 11, not arsed either way but suppose confidence is needed.

Wes

Bogle Anel Robinson Trusty

Hamer Souza Brooks

McAtee

Archer McBurnie

Or

Davies

Baldock Easton RND

Sekiri Norwood Osborn Lowe

Traore Osula Brewster

I’d go, for what it’s worth.
Anybody in net
Baldock, Anel, Trusty
Bogle, Hamer, Souza, RND
Brooks, Mcatee
Archer.

I’m surprised it wasn’t picked for Tv coverage this game, a prem team against a league 2 or a conference side away usually always gets picked. This is another sure sign that those in charge of the game aren’t interested in anything other than the money.
Screenshot_20240102-191057.png

Results breed confidence.. and let’s face it that’s been in very short supply this season .. should absolutely name a full strength team more so with a 2 week gap to next game

Fringe/returning injured players should be starting.

Brewster has to start, probably with Osula (he needs a goal - both do)
RND should start too and Slimane.
Frankie Maguire was recalled from Chester yesterday and didn't feature in the FA Cup - give him a chance against L2 oppo and see.

I'd let Adam Davies play in goal.

We should be able to rest a few, but remain strong enough to easily see out a team 3 divisions below.

1704280286774.png

I’d go, for what it’s worth.
Anybody in net
Baldock, Anel, Trusty
Bogle, Hamer, Souza, RND
Brooks, Mcatee
Archer.

I'm free to keep if needed, always fancied a run out and I am localish so will be fresh!

Back
Top Bottom