Team v Burnley....

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Torrix1889

A reight Bobby Dazzler
Reaction score
So, after Saturday's shit-show we visit Burnley away in what is most definitely a must win game if we are to have the remotest chance of survival. There were some truly shocking performances across the park v Bournemouth so it is obvious, (well to us anyway, maybe not Cluelessbottom) that things need shaking up....what would you go with?

Mine for what it's worth would be;

Wes (reluctantly)

Baldock
Anel
Trusty
JLT
Lowe

Norwood (reluctantly)
Hamer
Osborn

Oli Mac
Archer

Height in the middle of the park concerns me but there again we know 6ft 5 Berge jumps 5ft 6....

Possibly the only time we'll play a team below us in the table this season!
So we have to let the shackles off and have a go.
4-3-3, Oli, Archer and McAtee up top with instructions to absolutely run their tits off til they're spent, in an effort to keep the ball in Burnley's half. Once they're all fooooked, and we're 4-0 up, Hecky can replace them and do what he likes with the formation!
UTB :)

……………………………Don’t

……………. Give…………A ……………Fuck

Right……………………………………………………..Now

………..Players.………..Arent…………Arsed.……

…………………Fuck…………….Em.

……………………………Don’t

…………………Fuck…………….Em.
Can’t believe you’ve chosen Arsed and Em , complete waste of space .

I would go with whimper and clueless - what we got to lose ?

……………………………Don’t

…………………Fuck…………….Em.
You need to decide whether Fuck is at the back or up front.🤔

Let's try something different:

Wes - Baldock, Anel, Trusty, Robinson - Hamer, Souza - Bogle, McAtee, Archer - McBurnie

Play Hamer in something approaching his best position. Have Souza and Norwood not in each other's way by removing the latter. Try to solve the left back problem by moving Robbo there. Free up Bogle to basically just attack, it's putting Archer out of position but I think it could work with him cutting inside and/or switching roles with McAtee when needed, and I'm not sure who else you could try, unless you put Larouci there (which I think would be too far forward) so I'm inclined to at least have our better forward options start. If it wasn't working Traore could be an alternative for the last 25-30.

So, after Saturday's shit-show we visit Burnley away in what is most definitely a must win game if we are to have the remotest chance of survival. There were some truly shocking performances across the park v Bournemouth so it is obvious, (well to us anyway, maybe not Cluelessbottom) that things need shaking up....what would you go with?

Mine for what it's worth would be;

Wes (reluctantly)

Baldock
Anel
Trusty
JLT
Lowe

Norwood (reluctantly)
Hamer
Osborn

Oli Mac
Archer

Height in the middle of the park concerns me but there again we know 6ft 5 Berge jumps 5ft 6....
Ok apart from Lowe. Why not 433 with osula up front .we are as good as down anyway let's try attack attack attack

He may well be our most creative (only creative?) player but McAtee just doesn't have 90 minutes in him.
In his entire time with us he's managed to complete 90 minutes in a league game a grand total of twice!
(He was also shite v Bournemouth. I'd love to see the stats for how many times he lost the ball)

I'd much rather be finishing the game with him on the pitch than starting it with him on particularly given the amount of injury time that will probably be played. I'd start him on the bench and bring him on after 30 mins.

Wes

Baldock
Anel
Trusty
Robinson

Osborn
Souza
Hamer

McAtee
McBurnie
Archer

If we persist with the leaky back 5 system which creates little to no chances then I just give up. If we persist with Luke Thomas being weak, ineffective and braindead on the left when we actually have other options there who are our players then I give up. If we persist with the most static, immobile midfield pairing ever seen in this league then I give up.

Who am I kidding? It will be an unchanged team, or McAtee dropping out for McBurnie in the only change we make as we persist with a system which got exposed and found out 3 years ago at this level, just our coaching staff don't seem to have clicked on to that yet.

Ok apart from Lowe. Why not 433 with osula up front .we are as good as down anyway let's try attack attack attack

I agree but Cluelessbottom will always go with five at the back wherever possible...

I'll probably be doing something else with my time on Saturday, so can't say I care too much.

Good luck to whoever steps out though.

I just hope it's something different that we are frustrated to watch. If we don't do anything different nothing's gonna change..

Please not Norwood or Souza! Don't ask me who I'm just so fucking tired of seeing them both ffs!

Think midfield is a real problem area, it doesn't show show any passing interplay or composure the ball.
It's as though the Norwood, Souza and Hamer only met each other a few days ago, so they have zero understanding of each other strengths and weaknesses. Hamer looked quality on his debut but in recent matches looks lost.
In fact it's as though we don't have a midfield, when ever Norwood gets the ball, he's closed down, panics because there's no options around him so he keeps trying the long ball to Archer and these are easily intercepted by opposition defenders.
So we're cheaply giving up possession inviting yet more pressure on our overworked defence.
Why not try passing to feet, what about running into space making angles to help the player on the ball?

I would play
Kelly
Walker Jags J Shaw. G Shaw
Hagan. Currie. Sabella
Woodward. M Jones. Deane

Close , in fact very close to what would constitute the greatest ever Blades line up .

I would make just two changes to that . The first and most obvious one being that , since it lacks a defensive ball winning midfielder to protect the back four and with Hagan and Currie on the pitch Sabella would be an unnecessary luxury , I would replace him with the Werewolf , aka Trevor Hockey who did for the Blades what Nobby Styles did for England to such great effect .

The second would be to play Deano in his natural role as centre forward at the expense (reluctantly) of Mick Jones and introduce the wonderful Colin Grainger in the wide left role , who would supply him with any number of great balls into the box as well as scoring a significant number of goals himself , such as those he scored at Wembley when he became the only English player to score twice against Brazil.

Back
Top Bottom