Away kit

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If you look at the standard of our away kits over recent years, I think we've every reason to be grateful. There was last years vicar collar number, the yellow, green & white abomination the year before, then the Sunday league-esque Redtooth one, then the weird yellow VW one, I could go on...

Every shirt will divide opinion, it's all abart tastes innit. For me I think we've got it bob on this season (besides the orange GK shirt, which is cack). Let's just hope we do the business while wearing the fecking thing.

And for those complaining, lest we forget...

DSC08080-500x500.JPG

If you look at the standard of our away kits over recent years, I think we've every reason to be grateful. There was last years vicar collar number, the yellow, green & white abomination the year before, then the Sunday league-esque Redtooth one, then the weird yellow VW one, I could go on...

Every shirt will divide opinion, it's all abart tastes innit. For me I think we've got it bob on this season (besides the orange GK shirt, which is cack). Let's just hope we do the business while wearing the fecking thing.

And for those complaining, lest we forget...

DSC08080-500x500.JPG

Why did the sponsors used to be so awful? It was like having a piece of card on the shirt.

If you're happy to wear something made from one piece of cloth as opposed to multiple different pieces of fabric then fine.

I don't agree. The adidas shirts are far far superior in terms of quality.

post-4683-0-11784200-1404207409.jpg

or

20131205-l-home-shirt135-1216869_478x359.jpg

It's the subtle things like the black band across the back. Little thing I know, but makes the shirt so much smarter.

Ah so it's all about design to you? That's fair enough. For me we need to have a quality shirt which lasts.

As for design. Plain, red and white stripes, bit of black, fitted and with the correct badges in the correct places, bit of side venting if you want and a decent collar... It needs little else.

I've worn my last macron kit as much as last seasons Adidas and there is zero difference in quality.

Plenty difference
I didn't get last seasons, but I got this seasons. I could sleep in this seasons home kit, and while the Macron kits have kept well in fairness they just aren't half as comfortable.

Ah so it's all about design to you? That's fair enough. For me we need to have a quality shirt which lasts.

As for design. Plain, red and white stripes, bit of black, fitted and with the correct badges in the correct places, bit of side venting if you want and a decent collar... It needs little else.

Quality and Design.

Hand on heart, do you seriously think that the macron one is better looking than the adidas one? I presume this is the one you're talking about??

home15.jpg
655401d1406732235-could-anyone-make-these-2-kits-sheffield-united-2014-2015-adidas-home-football-shirt-kit-.jpg

Personally, the best shirt we have had for many a season was the first season down here. Lovely design. Build quality 5/6 out of 10

Macron-Sheffield-United-Shirt-Home-2011-12.jpg

If you're happy to wear something made from one piece of cloth as opposed to multiple different pieces of fabric then fine.

I don't agree. The adidas shirts are far far superior in terms of quality.

post-4683-0-11784200-1404207409.jpg

or

20131205-l-home-shirt135-1216869_478x359.jpg

It's the subtle things like the black band across the back. Little thing I know, but makes the shirt so much smarter.

I liked the macron home kit of 13/14 much more than last years home kit. Last years home just looked extremely cheap which was surprising as I was expecting half decent kits from Adidas. The macron home kit was simple smart and right amount of stripes, the quality cant be faulted either, mine's still in tip top condition to this day.

Quality and Design.

Hand on heart, do you seriously think that the macron one is better looking than the adidas one? I presume this is the one you're talking about??

home15.jpg
655401d1406732235-could-anyone-make-these-2-kits-sheffield-united-2014-2015-adidas-home-football-shirt-kit-.jpg

Personally, the best shirt we have had for many a season was the first season down here. Lovely design. Build quality 5/6 out of 10

Macron-Sheffield-United-Shirt-Home-2011-12.jpg
As I said the design is secondary. Last seasons Adidas was decent, quality too. But as I said, the quality of the macron shirts was fine too and they looked reasonable enough.

If we want to talk the best all round shirts in the last few years I'd have to say le coq sportif, but as we know, kit manufacturers make their money by changing kits every year so were unlikely to see a consistently decent shirt season after season.

Adidas, considering all the hype haven't really delivered a Brentford style shirt yet, by that i mean simple red and white stripes... I guess next year we'll get one, so my money stays firmly in my pocket this season

On top of that, maybe in a year we can get a proper sponsor, one who doesn't interfere with on field activities and then we can also try to get a sponsor that isn't just a huge white patch on the shirt...

Guess what, ive just started a new thread on the away kit (plz don't hurt me)

But it's a simple thread - Yes or No. And explain the reason for your answer.

Yes we should definitely have an away kit.

No desire to see any of our players todgers.

Sigh, oh for a return Umbro or even Avec. The best shirts for me were the 93 shirts home, away and 3rd choice of white was a stunner, the 96 Avec home shirt was a good un too.

I was at the launch expecting a cock up and was not disappointed. Lots of young blades with parents looking to spend money, absolutely no sufc merchandise to buy and then told the new kit was not available for a week. Not sure who the commercial manager is these days but come on, when you have a captive audience you sell.

I've took a passing interest in Jim Phipps comments on Facebook about how the club should improve commercially but for me nothing significant has changed in this dept for the last 30 years I've been going.

BTW for what it's worth quite like the new kit, always prefer a collar though.

Sigh, oh for a return Umbro or even Avec. The best shirts for me were the 93 shirts home, away and 3rd choice of white was a stunner, the 96 Avec home shirt was a good un too.

In fairness if we were to lose Adidas I'd rather go to Umbro than anyone, including Nike or Puma.

YF0CJWC.png

I was at the launch expecting a cock up and was not disappointed. Lots of young blades with parents looking to spend money, absolutely no sufc merchandise to buy and then told the new kit was not available for a week. Not sure who the commercial manager is these days but come on, when you have a captive audience you sell.

I've took a passing interest in Jim Phipps comments on Facebook about how the club should improve commercially but for me nothing significant has changed in this dept for the last 30 years I've been going.

Couldn't agree more. This seems like a BIG cock up.

Afaict it's not even available to pre-order (or as we used to say "order") online. Dozens, hundreds, thousands, millions of people with cash to spend - and we can't sell them anything. :confused:

Another let down. The badge colours on the away shirt should match the away shirt colours. Adidas do this for a lot of their teams like Chelsea and Real Madrid and even Middlesbro. Looks loads better. Our normal badge colours would have looked ok if we had that quirky red and black band round the bottom like the Ajax shirt.

But anyway, all our shirts will look crap with that blue logo on the back. The DBL logo should just be black on the shirt. That goes for the home shirt as well. Whether you agree with the lack of stripes or not, it's a very nice looking shirt ruined by the blue logo. And why did they have to add a slogan to it? Who's going to be able to read it anyway? Can't believe Sheffield United shirts now have the words "palletised freight" on them!

Hello by the way. Yes I did join especially for that shirt design critique and yes I am old enough to know better and know it doesn't really matter! Just bugs me a bit for some irrational reason!

Would be interested in your detailed feedback if you wanna drop me a PM? Will bring it up with the club when we next speak.

Although they are templates you can pick up for £15. The quality of the garments are 1000% better than Macron were. The designs are clean and straight to the point. For me only last season's yellow kit was a poor effort. If that had just been on this template, it would've looked so much better.

In terms of yellow away kits.

This is actually unbeatable
View attachment 12690
I've got one of those and the home shirt from that season too.

They were given to me by an Umbro sports rep after a girl who worked at Worthington Sports in Horsforth told him that there was a Blade working in the bank over the road.

Absolute top quality, embroidered badges and I can still just about squeeze into em.

Top man that rep. Never saw him before and never seen him since.

Back
Top Bottom