Done

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ldn_Rd_Blades

Throbbing Member
Reaction score
took a knock late on and it looked like he was waking to come off.

Then they took Scougall off and he held his hands up and then took sharp off he did the same

Didn't look happy

He looked knackered and though Wilder was gonna take him off but to be fair Scougall had taken a knock and Sharps a fat lad so both needed taking off

I thought he looked far more likely to get on the end of things today than Sharp has all season. He worked hard and showed why he's a good option to have when played up front.

I thought he looked far more likely to get on the end of things today than Sharp has all season. He worked hard and showed why he's a good option to have when played up front.
Sharp was better than Done today in terms of holding up the ball and distribution. Done ran around a lot and crossed for Sharp to score. Both did ok

I thought he was our best and most committed player today. Finally playing in something like his best position. Ran everywhere and we looked to his pace a lot. Made a few errors but clearly down to lack of experience up front.

At the very least he looked much better (and wasn't a liability) up front rather than out wide.

Made some excellent runs in behind the back line, and was often left frustrated as his team mates couldn't pick him out. Oxford's defence were defending so deep as they were frightened to depth at his relative speed advantage. It should be one of Clarke or Sharp and Done for the next league game. Old man Wright was also excellent on his debut and should share mom with Done. Oh and Scoug's had his best game for some time.

Tufty expects professional footballers to play 90 minutes without needing a respirator. I think he sent that message to Done yesterday. Quite right too.

Done did well for the equaliser, should have done better with a couple of chances and ran around conspicuously but pretty aimlessly, as ever. He certainly wasn't a MoM candidate for anyone looking beyond the superficial.

Does a lot of running about and works hard but has zero quality on the ball. Never seen a player off side as much as him. We need better than Done if we are to succeed at anything this season.

Let's not forget his pedigree is Rochdale , Barnsley , Rochdale , Sheffield United. You enviably get what you pay for . Still not good enough for me .

UTB

Just before our first goal, didn't he have the opportunity to slide the ball across to Sharp but opted to go for goal instead, and hit a lame shot? That's what I remember from the commentary.

Agree he could work better as an impact sub but the place could be his to lose now. Well played Matty.

Tufty expects professional footballers to play 90 minutes without needing a respirator. I think he sent that message to Done yesterday. Quite right too.

Done did well for the equaliser, should have done better with a couple of chances and ran around conspicuously but pretty aimlessly, as ever. He certainly wasn't a MoM candidate for anyone looking beyond the superficial.
I agree but he did more work in 60 minutes than most do in 90

Does a lot of running about and works hard but has zero quality on the ball. Never seen a player off side as much as him. We need better than Done if we are to succeed at anything this season.

No? Not even his strike partner, Billy Sharp? I would argue that Sharp is caught offside far more often than Done.

Done is a strange player but I think what he brings to the table makes him a real asset; he can offer a positive contribution this season if he's played up front. I believe that he's able to reproduce the good goal scoring form he showed in his first season.

Sharp was better than Done today in terms of holding up the ball and distribution. Done ran around a lot and crossed for Sharp to score. Both did ok
I thought Billy did absolutely fuck all until a ball got put on a plate for him, which to be fair is what he gets paid for and I'm very glad for it. I'd start the same pairing next game and let them gel a bit more, also, it means our style of play is a lot better, thank fuck for that.

I thought Billy did absolutely fuck all until a ball got put on a plate for him, which to be fair is what he gets paid for and I'm very glad for it. I'd start the same pairing next game and let them gel a bit more, also, it means our style of play is a lot better, thank fuck for that.

When he got pushed to the floor in the second half he'd elbowed the defender in the chest just before. Starting to remind me of a midget version of Donkey Darius at times with his wrestling matches with defenders.

At the risk of being accused of hating Sharp, I wonder if Clarke/Done could be a better combination up front?
The only thing with that, ST, is that I'd worry we'd go back to too many long balls or punts upfield, which has proved already is not the way to go. If we were to keep it on the deck then it could work but I'd be willing to give Billy and Done a bit of time to gel more. Whatever we do, please don't play Billy and Clarke together, it has already proved it won't work, they clash too much.

The only thing with that, ST, is that I'd worry we'd go back to too many long balls or punts upfield, which has proved already is not the way to go. If we were to keep it on the deck then it could work but I'd be willing to give Billy and Done a bit of time to gel more. Whatever we do, please don't play Billy and Clarke together, it has already proved it won't work, they clash too much.

That's the issue but I wonder if Done would have the nous to get nearer to Clarke when he's going for those long balls looking for the knock on?

That's the issue but I wonder if Done would have the nous to get nearer to Clarke when he's going for those long balls looking for the knock on?
Possibly but I personally don't like watching the shite served up when Clarke has played. Don't mind seeing the odd ball up to Clarke or us clearing our lines when needs be but when they're in space with plenty of time on the ball it becomes pretty pointless and wank most of the time.

Possibly but I personally don't like watching the shite served up when Clarke has played. Don't mind seeing the odd ball up to Clarke or us clearing our lines when needs be but when they're in space with plenty of time on the ball it becomes pretty pointless and wank most of the time.

That's because we've panicked from the back and bypassed a very average midfield. Hopefully that's changing * Clarke has more to offer that. He can certainly trap a ball and turn better than Edson Arantes de Adams.

* Although Hussey hits the long high ball almost every time even with Sharp and Done up front.

You never saw Keith Edwards then?

Back
Top Bottom