11 years ago today

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Zipwire

Reaction score
I took my 3 year old to the match for the first time. I didn’t know if he would take to it or not, but thought I’d give it a try and hoped he did.

Now 11 years on, he has racked up over 300 games, done 40 odd different away grounds, and Sheffield United are his only topic of conversation.

Still only seen one game that has ended 5-3 though

I took my 3 year old to the match for the first time. I didn’t know if he would take to it or not, but thought I’d give it a try and hoped he did.

Now 11 years on, he has racked up over 300 games, done 40 odd different away grounds, and Sheffield United are his only topic of conversation.

I think quite a few of us have benefited from United’s pricing policy in recent years. Good for the club, great for family relationships…

I think this is one of those posts that you’re supposed to put #myworld at the end of?!

Cardiff at the Lane?

Quid a kid game. I took my then little 'un too.

Think you might be right, I remember it being a fiver a game; and the 5th game that season being a freebie.

Free membership of the Junior Blades and an invite to a Christmas party with Captain Blade was also a huge winner too.

As much as I could slag McCabe off, the one thing he did get right was making the Lane as accessible for the kids and pulling all the stops out for them

Hope your little un caught the bug just as much as mine did

Think you might be right, I remember it being a fiver a game; and the 5th game that season being a freebie.

Free membership of the Junior Blades and an invite to a Christmas party with Captain Blade was also a huge winner too.

As much as I could slag McCabe off, the one thing he did get right was making the Lane as accessible for the kids and pulling all the stops out for them

Hope your little un caught the bug just as much as mine did
Yep, if memory serves they used to do four quid a kid games a season. And my now 18 year old is hooked. Just like I was hooked by free kids tickets back in the Division 4 days.

Back
Top Bottom