CONFIRMED James Hanson

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I really hope not....

I think there is a majority consensus that we are not keen but a few dissenting voices.
I hope it is bullshit , but it's what I heard and it seems to be backed up by the Bradford forum. Heard he won't play for Bradford tomorrow because he want to come to us.
Lets wait and see.

I think there is a majority consensus that we are not keen but a few dissenting voices.
I hope it is bullshit , but it's what I heard and it seems to be backed up by the Bradford forum. Heard he won't play for Bradford tomorrow because he want to come to us.
Lets wait and see.
just maybe its hanson and washington

Would be funny if it was a swap deal for McNulty.

Think a deal involving Clarke would go down well with Bradford fans, many might even think they're getting the better deal.

I'd take that, but I'd rather not have Hanson. Unless it's only until the end of the season. I assume it would mean Clarke is going as well.

I may be wrong, but I think that the giveaway clue that this might just be bullshit, is that the newly set up Twitter account that it originated from is called 'madeuptransfers'

I mentioned it on another thread.... I've heard the same thing from a Bradford fan who has links in the club. Apparently it's a done deal, so only time will tell if it's toss!

He would certainly be a different option from the bench i.e. a battering ram but does he offer anything Clarke doesn't and is way behind Clarke in lots of other areas.

Past his best, not of form, not rated by the majority of Bradford supporters and certainly way below Champ standard so I'd be surprised if CW was indeed keen unless it was a short term solution i.e. take over his contract to the end of the season, as per what's been suggested for O'Shea. Does anyone know when his Bradford contract expires?

Another "can't disclose source" bit of nonsense. People who matter don't give sensitive information to those who blab on the internet.

Well, he can head a ball, which is an element of football ability. That puts him ahead of Done, at least...

At times when we're trying to carve through teams defending deep, we get to the last third but seem reluctant to put in crosses. When we do we tend to aim for the first post too often, as we know we lack the height up front to challenge for the far post/floating crosses. A few teams have matched our formation i.e. played with three centre backs and when they're defending deep it's really hard for the likes of Sharp, Lavery and Done to get away from their markers/get first to the ball. I think any good manager would study what happened in the Walsall game and try to make matches against us similar. In such scenarios Hanson would offer us an aerial threat in the box and make us harder, less predictable to defend against.

I don't think we have to hoof it from defence to his head, but when it's congested in the centre and we get the ball wide we would have the option of a low and a high cross. Clarke gives us a bit of that, but Hanson is clearly better. Would he be happy to come here and play the role of an impact sub though?

Awful signing, play offs it is, so much out there and we buy a player that isn't rated by a team below us in the table

Transfer centre live on Twitter are reporting that we have made a bid. Now I know you have to take Twitter with a pinch of salt, but of all the transfer rumour pages, they're the most reliable by far and away

This is on sky sports

"
11:48

BLADES BID FOR HANSON

Sheffield United make bid for Bradfordstriker James Hanson, according to Sky sources.

We understand the bid has not been accepted yet.

Poor player looking at his record for Bradford.... only reason I can see wilder buying him is as a target man up top!?

Wilder has to be given the benefit of the doubt and will have his reasons but if this is the only attacking signing we're going to make then I'm very disappointed.

The only way I'd welcome this is if Clarke was leaving.

He's out of contract in the summer and will be cheap, so it might be decent value but I thought we'd be aiming considerably higher now we're sat at the top of the league.

Again, if we're signing a player of this type rather than a wide player it probably indicates Chapman's not far away from a return.

This is on sky sports

"
11:48

BLADES BID FOR HANSON

Sheffield United make bid for Bradfordstriker James Hanson, according to Sky sources.

We understand the bid has not been accepted yet.
Please no. Would make absolutely no sense at all. We have got to be aiming for better quality than this.

Back
Top Bottom