Youth players

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Brunt is a friend of some of my mates and apparently he’s a massive ego and generally an all around bell end, maybe not the best thing for the dressing room. Main story being he ask my ex and her best mate for a cheeky 3 and used the football card to try convince them into it
To be fair, it would be nice to have a midfielder who doesn't mind the odd speculative effort!

I've seen the photos and videos from the media day yesterday and i've got a theory...

SLATER - staying here
JEBBISON, GORDON, BRUNT - out on loan

If you look, all the first team (including Slater) have their shirts fully printed with Name, Number and Sleeve patches. The youth players don't have any printing at all

1628074752822.png1628074773892.png

Clearly didn't bother printing them up if they're not gonna be used.

Detective Bianco 🕵️‍♂️

I've seen the photos and videos from the media day yesterday and i've got a theory...

SLATER - staying here

If you look, all the first team (including Slater) have their shirts fully printed with Name, Number and Sleeve patches. The youth players don't have any printing at all

View attachment 118089View attachment 118090

Detective Bianco 🕵️‍♂️

Decent shout that

SLATER - staying here

View attachment 118089View attachment 118090

Detective Bianco 🕵️‍♂️

If we sign Vieira I really can't see Slater staying. He would be 7th choice behind Norwood, Berge, Vieira, Fleck, Osborn, and Freeman, who will all be competing for 2 or 3 starting places. The only way I see him staying is if we decide to hang on to him until the end of the window as a contingency in case Berge gets sold.

Tyler smith staying - No. 32….presumably
Surely we’d be looking to sell to a L1 club or similar? There’s no way he’ll be around there first team squad already heavy with proven forwards at this level.
It would be a very odd move.

Kit all printed up. Indicating a rotation of a front three or insurance if Covid isolation/injury plays a part?

362DE3D5-37EF-4376-BD87-4ADF3A860539.jpeg

If we sign Vieira I really can't see Slater staying. He would be 7th choice behind Norwood, Berge, Vieira, Fleck, Osborn, and Freeman, who will all be competing for 2 or 3 starting places. The only way I see him staying is if we decide to hang on to him until the end of the window as a contingency in case Berge gets sold.

Isn't Slater the closest of our midfielders to the way Vieira plays?

It could be the case that Slater and Smith have to be registered if there's any possibility of them appearing for the first team, as they're not under 21. Being registered = being given a squad number.

Jebbison, Brunt, Gordon are all under 21 so don't need to be registered as a first team player, therefore no squad number. I don't believe Jebbison was issued with a number last season until he was named in a match squad for the first team.

If I'm correct this also means not registering Ndiaye would leave him in a bit of limbo, as he's already 21.

It could be the case that Slater and Smith have to be registered if there's any possibility of them appearing for the first team, as they're not under 21. Being registered = being given a squad number.

Jebbison, Brunt, Gordon are all under 21 so don't need to be registered as a first team player, therefore no squad number. I don't believe Jebbison was issued with a number last season until he was named in a match squad for the first team.

If I'm correct this also means not registering Ndiaye would leave him in a bit of limbo, as he's already 21.
Are the rules U-21 at the start of the calendar year or start of season. Sports often a bit funny about age

He's a bit lightweight to be a DCM for me
Yeah probably right but if viera was to play as an 8 rather than a 6 that’d be similar combative high energy players.

Yeah probably right but if viera was to play as an 8 rather than a 6 that’d be similar combative high energy players.
Maybe, but I believe passing isn't his strongest suit so more likely deep, win balls, give to Berge

If we are looking to play two deep lying midfielders then Vieira, Berge, Norwood and possibly Slater then he could see come game time from the bench. If we lose Berge then we definitely bring someone in.

Yeah his ideal role for us is at the base of midfield either on his own or in a 2 with berge.
yeah just wonder if we might go 4231 with berge and viera as the 2 burke mcgoldrick and fleck as the 3 and mousset up top 🤔

yeah just wonder if we might go 4231 with berge and viera as the 2 burke mcgoldrick and fleck as the 3 and mousset up top 🤔
It certainly becomes a real possibility

Are the rules U-21 at the start of the calendar year or start of season. Sports often a bit funny about age
Yeah I was thinking this. I'm fairly sure it's age on July 1st, which is usually day 1 of the new season in an official sense. Will check. Maybe Ball_Sup (Phil) can help clarify?

Thanks anyway. I thought you might have come across the cut-off dates when compiling your unofficial roster for the various age groups.
Well. Yes. I know which players are in the Under/Over 21 rule groups. The Unofficial Roster is (currently) compiled in that way. But, one of the Real Carrier Bag Firm compiles it & has all the facts & figures (and presumably knows the rules). I'm just the conduit to the CBF.

Screenshot_20210804-192432_Docs.jpg

Start of the calender year. So this season would be players born on or after 1st January 2000.

Similar rules for players eligible for U23s football.

U18s rules start at 31st August for some reason.

Start of the calender year. So this season would be players born on or after 1st January 2000.

Similar rules for players eligible for U23s football.

U18s rules start at 31st August for some reason.
Bang on. I found this on the EFL governance pages, which also includes an extremely helpful definition of what constitutes an under 24 player.

Back to the original point, that confirms Slater and Smith must be registered before the deadline (and get a squad number) in order to appear for our first team. Ndiaye does not.

As for junior/U18s, those reg dates run in line with school year age groups.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210804-192741_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210804-192741_Chrome.jpg
    397.4 KB · Views: 6

Back
Top Bottom