Your Blades favourite goal.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Take your pick from any of these for me:

1 - Brown vs Pigs
2 - Peschisolido against Forest
3 - Unsworth last minute against Hull in the promotion season.
4 - Duffy against Pigs.

Favourite Tony Currie against the spammers 😁😁😁

Some great goals mentioned on here....one that I remember fondly was Carl Asaba's away at West Brom in 2001. We had 10 men, under the cosh for most of the game and then snatched a 90th minute winner in front of the United fans. Crazy scenes.

I've been trying to find footage of this goal for over 10 years now.

Still nothing.

I'm convinced it doesn't exist on the internet.
Was there for that (Billy mentioned it on the recent club pod too) a spring snowstorm and Billy fired it into the net in front of a packed away end.

If I had to pick one it would have to be Gary Hamson v Liverpool in the league cup, not because it was a particularly great goal but because it's the only time I've ever seen us beat the European Champions

Edit: If anyone tells me that they weren't European champions then it will have to be the arrival of Bash.

Last edited:
Far too many that merit a mention......but, and I ask for your forgiveness if I cannot recall the occasion, there was a cracker from Stevens when we were in Div 1, also, and it's been mentioned earlier, Fleck's free kick against the pigs at their ground, if only because it set us up and was a cracker of a shot...Lee Evans, midweek game, and one of the best goals you'll ever see, a right-foot volley that was unbelievable.......Tony Field's superb dribble resulting in a wonderful goal.......oh, and although not a classically great goal, Bash's winner at Leeds after wonderful hold-up play by Billy. What a player Bash has been for us!

i dont want to repeat any

Leon Clarke for 2-0 in the derby was huge. it was when i couldnt believe & thought we were going to win this & also as it happened i forgot my self was punching the air & then went to help a customer 5-10 secs later. just remember her saying "are they winning" sheepishly replied "er yes 2-0"

but for pure quality jamie murphy giggs like run from the halfway line v gillingham deep into stoppage time. i loved

Mine is John Flecks free-kick at Hillsborough. When I think about it and close my eyes I can still see it going in, in my minds eyes. The back of the net billowing at the ball hit the back of it and letting go one almighty cheer that didn't stop for about 2 minutes, and that I felt 5 years of frustration leave me in one go.

Favourite by a country mile was Danes against Wednesday, still get goosebumps thinking about it. As strikes go, Lakes at Southampton, Browns volley against Wednesday and Akinbyis volley that nearly bust the net at Swillsboro.

If I had to pick one it would have to be Gary Hamson v Liverpool in the league cup, not because it was a particularly great goal but because it's the only time I've ever seen us beat the European Champions

Edit: If anyone tells me that they weren't European champions then it will have to be the arrival of Bash.
Indeed they were European champions. We were moving in high circles at the time, as we faced the South American champions, River Plate, just 2 days later. Unfortunately by the end of the season, we were in Division 3. :(

Didn't he get another cracker at home against Man City just after?
My memories wank pal but vaguely recall he scored a cluster of goals close together. Recall he had a good shot and wasn't shy to let go.

Tough one and impossible to narrow down. Random thoughts for memorable goals either brilliant, important or both.

Deano's at Leicester after that goalmouth scramble and about 5 attempts on goal before he poked it home. Wasn't there but the view of that goal on the 'United' series is classic.

Dane vs the pigs 91 (the Lane match specifically as it was the first Derby goal in the league I'd ever seen)

Deano's lob vs Liverpool 92

Pemberton's winning penno vs Blackburn 93 even though I turned round and couldn't watch it

Cork at Wembley

Nathan Blake last min vs Newcastle 94 when we thought we were staying up

Andy Walker's scrambled effort at Portman Road play off semi 97

Marcelo vs Cov fa Cup quarter final 98 mainly for the celebration

Reg vs Cov in the replay in the last minute

D'Jaffo lion of Hillsborough 01

Jags cracks it vs Leeds, league cup 02

Brownie vs the pigs 03

Pesci oh my god vs Forest 03

Geary at Millwall 04

Unsworth vs Hull 06

Webber at Cardiff 06

Jags vs Boro 06

Beattie's free kick equaliser vs pigs 08

Ryan Flynn at Villa Park in the fa Cup 14

Brayford's deflected goal fa Cup quarter final vs Charlton 14

Scougs at Wembley 14

Che's second against Spurs in the league cup semi 15

Then so many from the last 4 years, especially from Billy

Chesterfield away and home, Bradford at home, Leon at Port Vale, Billy's brace at MK away

All the goals in the 4-2 at swillsborough but especially the bounce killer

Brooks at Elland Road

Billy at home vs Leeds

Dowell at West Brom

Basham's arriving

Duffy vs Forest

McGoldrick at Hull

Jack vs Ipswich

And most of the goals this season!

So many memories make you realise what a club this is! And who knows where we'll continue to go with CWAK at the helm. What a time to be a Blade!

Corks goal!... Good lord that took an eternity to go in!

Che's second against Spurs... absolute limbs on the coldest night I can remember at Bramall Lane

Live home - Deane Vs Liverpool
Live away - Hodges at Forest
TV home - Peschi.vs.Forest
TV away - Duffy bounce killer
Recent live.....Sharp at Peterborough

Len Badger v Ipswich. Although I nearly had a heart attack when Deano scored a tap in against Blackburn in that friendly at the Lane on his second debut

Snowflake, how would you describe her ................. your mother maybe?

I don’t know what’s worse - using one of the greatest recent Blades moments to call someone you don’t even know a fat bitch, or recycling someone else’s comment to essentially say “your mum”. How old are you?! Haha.

You consistently just take a pop at McCabe or anyone else and you genuinely seem to be taking out chip on your shoulder on everyone else. It’s just sad to see.

Tl;dr: ok boomer.

Peter Anderson 78/79 ?? Was runner up Goal of the Season to Ray Kennedy of Liverpool. Anderson goal was much better.
Don't recall any more details and cannot find it on internet.

I don’t know what’s worse - using one of the greatest recent Blades moments to call someone you don’t even know a fat bitch, or recycling someone else’s comment to essentially say “your mum”. How old are you?! Haha.

You consistently just take a pop at McCabe or anyone else and you genuinely seem to be taking out chip on your shoulder on everyone else. It’s just sad to see.

Tl;dr: ok boomer.
ooooo stalker alert, you could just put me on ignore :)
Were you raised on Parson Cross as you never poke a bit of fun at the pork in fact you are always one of the first to stick up for them? 🐷🐷🐷

Back
Top Bottom