Your Blades favourite goal.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Some fabulous ones mentioned above and I was lucky enough to see almost all of them . The ones against the Pigs and Dirty Leeds do , of course , have the extra bonus of being able to indulge in a spot of schadenfreude :)

There is another one which stands out in my memory - one of many great goals scored by Blades legend Alan Woodward . This particular one was in a cup match against York City who we were expected to beat easily but gave us a very hard time and , I think , were twice in front .

At a critical point in the match , Geoff Salmons went on a run down the left and sent a high , looping ball across the pitch . Woody , anticipating where it would drop , cut in from the right and from fully 25 yards out and sideways on to the goal smashed it with the outside of his right foot , sending it dipping and swerving into the top corner at an astonishing pace .

I saw him score some absolute beauties but none quite as remarkable as that one and we went on to win 3-2 .

Favourite by a country mile was Danes against Wednesday, still get goosebumps thinking about it. As strikes go, Lakes at Southampton, Browns volley against Wednesday and Akinbyis volley that nearly bust the net at Swillsboro.

Didn't he get another cracker at home against Man City just after?

My memories wank pal but vaguely recall he scored a cluster of goals close together. Recall he had a good shot and wasn't shy to let go.

Lake scored two at Southampton, the first was the best, the second a deflected shot. He then scored another volley at Forest in the 5-2 win and then a subtle chipped volley in the 4-2 win at home to Man City in the game after.

See at 40:30, 42:25 and 46:35

Lake scored two at Southampton, the first was the best, the second a deflected shot. He then scored another volley at Forest in the 5-2 win and then a subtle chipped volley in the 4-2 win at home to Man City in the game after.

See at 40:30, 42:25 and 46:35

Nearly 30 years ago ☹

Keith Edward scored a beauty against Forest 1978.free kick 10 yards outside the penalty area. Woodward chipped the ball over the wall and
Edwards hit it on the volley into the net. we won 2-0 at Bramall Lane. Woodward scored a reght goal against Luton it is on youtube.
Woodward took the corner Currie chipped it back over and Woodward absolutely belted it on the volley. into the far corner of the net.
A lot of Woodward's goal is on youtube. well worth watching.

Years and years ago. Can't even remember who we were playing when Len Badger ran 60 yards down the right wing and smashed it from outside the box at the Kop end.

There is another one which stands out in my memory - one of many great goals scored by Blades legend Alan Woodward . This particular one was in a cup match against York City who we were expected to beat easily but gave us a very hard time and , I think , were twice in front .
0-1, 1-1, 2-1, 2-2, 3-2

Don't know my favourite, could pick a few since I've been going since the 70's..Flecks free kick vs the pigs is right up there though. Never get tired of seeing it.

My favourite goal is Tony Fields goal which left every one opened mouth in the ground when he beat three defenders and from a near impossible angle between the corner flag and goal post bent it in .Nobody thought he got it in him it was so magical.
Michael Brown v Pigs

Back
Top Bottom