Your Blades favourite goal.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

My favourite goal is Tony Fields goal which left every one opened mouth in the ground when he beat three defenders and from a near impossible angle between the corner flag and goal post bent it in .Nobody thought he got it in him it was so magical.
I remember that goal too. He got the ball on the half-way line and ran down an "inside left" chanel beating man after man before popping it into the net. Didn't Gil
Reece score a very similar goal a few years earlier?

I remember that goal too. He got the ball on the half-way line and ran down an "inside left" chanel beating man after man before popping it into the net. Didn't Gil
Reece score a very similar goal a few years earlier?
Steve Wigley scored one (or two) like that down the right side v Blackburn ended up 3-3 and he was unstoppable that day.

Peschisolido’s “oh my god” against Forest...didn’t know what to do with myself and neither did he.
Duffy’s bounce killer will be in Blades folklore forever.
Browny’s volley against pigs.
Moussett’s counter-attack in the Nou Camp...oops, that’ll need adding next year

My favourite wasn't a screamer or a worldy it was a simple but very clever goal by Brian Deane, which also showed the understanding he and Tony Agana had.

Unfortunately I can't remember the game and I don't think that there's any video of it either.
I mentioned the goal a few years ago in a similar thread and Silent Blade put me right with the date and game, but unfortunately my memory is shite, so....

Bramall Lane end, Deane has his back to goal and Agana hits a pass towards Deane which he simply flicks the ball with the outside of his foot: Goal!

Whether it was a move practiced on the training ground or just pure improvisation, but for me it was class and showed the confidence those two had.

Lots already mentioned above.
I also enjoyed
Colin Kazim-Richards bender from outside the box in front of the South Stand v notlob.
Jon Stead’s bender from outside the box against wet sham.
I like benders!

With the benefit of hindsight, how important was James Wilson's goal v Oxford? A few more games without a win, and we could have lost Wilder, and 4 memorable seasons, with the promise of more to follow.
I had a look back at that game, and we had JOC coming on as a sub for Hussey, and after 80 minutes Fleck replaced Scougall. And perhaps as vital - a save by Moore from a volley by Oxford's John Lundstram.

Surely, "A quality goal from a quality player."
Same here. It wasn’t the most spectacular of goals but made Melvyn Day of West Ham look a complete fool. A goal that always sticks in my mind. About 1975 if my memory serves.

Fleck's goal at Bolton last year finishing off a 16(?) pass move.
Still too many to choose.

Lots already mentioned above.
I also enjoyed
Colin Kazim-Richards bender from outside the box in front of the South Stand v notlob.
Jon Stead’s bender from outside the box against wet sham.
I like benders!
Don't we all ha ha

Best goal as a kid - Brown's volley vs Pigs.
Best recent goal - Fleck vs Arsenal away.
Best goal on TV - Duffy/Fleck vs Pigs.

Tough one and impossible to narrow down. Random thoughts for memorable goals either brilliant, important or both.

Deano's at Leicester after that goalmouth scramble and about 5 attempts on goal before he poked it home. Wasn't there but the view of that goal on the 'United' series is classic.

Dane vs the pigs 91 (the Lane match specifically as it was the first Derby goal in the league I'd ever seen)

Deano's lob vs Liverpool 92

Pemberton's winning penno vs Blackburn 93 even though I turned round and couldn't watch it

Cork at Wembley

Nathan Blake last min vs Newcastle 94 when we thought we were staying up

Andy Walker's scrambled effort at Portman Road play off semi 97

Marcelo vs Cov fa Cup quarter final 98 mainly for the celebration

Reg vs Cov in the replay in the last minute

D'Jaffo lion of Hillsborough 01

Jags cracks it vs Leeds, league cup 02

Brownie vs the pigs 03

Pesci oh my god vs Forest 03

Geary at Millwall 04

Unsworth vs Hull 06

Webber at Cardiff 06

Jags vs Boro 06

Beattie's free kick equaliser vs pigs 08

Ryan Flynn at Villa Park in the fa Cup 14

Brayford's deflected goal fa Cup quarter final vs Charlton 14

Scougs at Wembley 14

Che's second against Spurs in the league cup semi 15

Then so many from the last 4 years, especially from Billy

Chesterfield away and home, Bradford at home, Leon at Port Vale, Billy's brace at MK away

All the goals in the 4-2 at swillsborough but especially the bounce killer

Brooks at Elland Road

Billy at home vs Leeds

Dowell at West Brom

Basham's arriving

Duffy vs Forest

McGoldrick at Hull

Jack vs Ipswich

And most of the goals this season!

So many memories make you realise what a club this is! And who knows where we'll continue to go with CWAK at the helm. What a time to be a Blade!

Still love the Dean Saunders goal v port vale keeper
Flo winner at Anfield was something I won’t forget
Carl Veart v Arsenal in cup
Any of sir Bobby goals v pigs
technically shouldn’t be allowed but Desmond piggy OG v forest

Back
Top Bottom