Your all time favourite Blades player

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

January to March 1970 - Colin Addison
March 1970 to 1976 - Alan Woodward joined by TC some months later
1977 and 1978 - Gary Hamson and Keith Edwards (still loved Woody in his last 2 years)
1978 to 1980 - Alex Sabella
1981 to 1986 - Keith Edwards
1986 to 1988 - Peter Beagrie
1988 to 1993 - Brian Deane
1993 to 1997 - Dane Whitehouse
1998 to 2000 - Paul Devlin
2000 to 2003 - Michael Brown
2004 to 2007 - Phil Jagielka and Michael Tonge
2008 to 2012 -Steve Quinn
2012 to 2014 - Harry Maguire
2015 and 2016 - Paul Coutts (knew he was very good and I couldnt understand the criticism towards him)
2016 to present - John Fleck

Honourable mentions to TC, Woody, Edwards, Morris, Deane, Agana, but for me it has to be …...…...……………….

.... Glenn Cockerill.

Held a crap team together at a time when I was probably at my most passionate age, was the personification of the Blades spirit to me and a decent footballer as well.

January to March 1970 - Colin Addison
March 1970 to 1976 - Alan Woodward joined by TC some months later
1977 and 1978 - Gary Hamson and Keith Edwards (still loved Woody in his last 2 years)
1978 to 1980 - Alex Sabella
1981 to 1986 - Keith Edwards
1986 to 1988 - Peter Beagrie
1988 to 1993 - Brian Deane
1993 to 1997 - Dane Whitehouse
1998 to 2000 - Paul Devlin
2000 to 2003 - Michael Brown
2004 to 2007 - Phil Jagielka and Michael Tonge
2008 to 2012 -Steve Quinn
2012 to 2014 - Harry Maguire
2015 and 2016 - Paul Coutts (knew he was very good and I couldnt understand the criticism towards him)
2016 to present - John Fleck
I think time definitely has something to do with. I first started watching Utd in the early 80s, and so my favourite player (not the best I’ve seen but my favourite) is King Keith.

Honourable mentions to TC, Woody, Edwards, Morris, Deane, Agana, but for me it has to be …...…...……………….

.... Glenn Cockerill.

Held a crap team together at a time when I was probably at my most passionate age, was the personification of the Blades spirit to me and a decent footballer as well.
Loved Cockerill but he had no neck when he ran! Kenworthy, Morris, Brown and Bash but an almost impossible task. Currie and Woody obviously but I was only a young un when they played.

Loved Cockerill but he had no neck when he ran! Kenworthy, Morris, Brown and Bash but an almost impossible task. Currie and Woody obviously but I was only a young un when they played.
More honourable mentions, none of which I would question.

UTB

Who’s your all time favourite Blades player?
I’ve been watching Blades for 45 years and for me it has to be Brian Deane.
Alan Hodgkinson..........followed by Alan Woodward, Keith Edwards, Bob Hatton, Alan Cork, Gil Reece and Colin Morris

It used to be Keith Edwards. Then Deano. Now it’s probably Wilder.

In all my many years following the Blades , I have had the privilege and good fortune to have seen 3 players whose talent for playing the game of football set them apart from almost any others and who could almost single handedly determine the outcome of a game , and in chronological order they were Jimmy Hagan , Joe Shaw and Tony Currie .

For different reasons , none of them received anywhere near the number of England caps they deserved , but all of them would have graced any team in world football when they were at their peak .

Other fine players we have had , and who have been mentioned elsewhere , include Brian Deane , Woody and two wonderful goalkeepers in Hodgy and Alan Kelly but for me the above mentioned will always be the Holy Trinity .

I was lucky. Growing up as a blades fan with TC, Shaw, Hodgkinson, Woody, Jones, Diane, Hodges etc, ant TC is the one.
Out of his time, and late in his career the “footballer’ who impressed me most was Stuart McCall.

Back
Top Bottom