You can’t ask for any more than that

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

So yeah let’s take off Mcatte and Hamer (our only two creative players) then shall we. And yeah let’s change once we are losing which was so obvious to see what was going to happen.

Maybe Slimane instead of Osborn who hasn’t kicked a ball in about 8 weeks?

1 point in 9 games. But yeah - we can’t ask for anymore can we….
This was the frustration for me
I double checked who was winning when we replaced creatuve Mcatee for spoiler Osborn - could just about understand that sun if we were 2-1 up with 10 to play and we’re holding out
Would rather have lost 3-1 going for it than holding on for a 2-1 defeat

When we’re down with a record low points at least we can say we competed for 45 minutes against Man Utd

I thought the score completely flattered us too. Should have realistically been 4 or 5 goals for manure given the number of chances we handed them with yet more individual errors at the back and the post being rattled twice.

First half was decent from us against one of the worst Man Utd sides of the past 30 years but it was still littered with errors that could/should have resulted in them being a couple up. Second half shocking again. Substitutions bizarre again. We lose again.

The McAtee and Hamer subs were due to them both being fucked. Archer would have been hooked for the same if we had grown up strikers on the bench.
It's not a question of whether or not those 2 players were fucked, it's who they were replaced WITH.

You wouldn't seriously suggest to me that Osborn for McAtee is even approaching a like-for-like substitution would you? Let alone a proactive one.

First half was a surprise. I expected a reaction after the break but not that. 2nd half back to the usual shit and we lose.

It might not have been a 8 nil stuff but we got the dame amount of points out of the game, and if you watch the game back they had enough chances to win the game comfortably.

Arsenal will ruin us.

We’re going to find it hard to win games when we don’t score, another match where the opposing keeper had yet another relatively easy game.

We’re not good enough with the players we have all over the pitch, I can accept that, what I can’t accept is a lack of effort, commitment and heart along with rolling over and allowing teams to turn us over. We showed we can compete for 45 mins, were we mentally or physically done after that? it feels like we are almost happy to say we’ve competed and only lost by 1 goal, that’s not the right way to reflect on yet another loss

We were brilliant first half and we're by far the better team but as per usual second half we folded.

Poor use of subs didn't help matters.

Enough is enough now something has got to give.

It's not a question of whether or not those 2 players were fucked, it's who they were replaced WITH.

You wouldn't seriously suggest to me that Osborn for McAtee is even approaching a like-for-like substitution would you? Let alone a proactive one.
I don’t think we have the luxury of like for like this season at all. Beyond our first 11 we are weak as piss and that’s with everyone fit. We’re way past that now.

My only complaint tonight was that Hecky
has only switched to 442 coz he had only 2 fit CBs , when he should have done this ages ago.
Played Hamer & McAtee the whole game on their weaker side of the pitch even though he like me watched McAtee run through teams last season on the left.
Put Osborn on instead of Slimane
Never brought in cover for McBurnie
Signed tiny Traore when we needed an big strong striker
Signed crock Tom Davies
Made a lot of questionable summer signings
Keeps playing Norwood
And loads of other rubbish decisions
His recruitment especially of fragile unfit unathletic specimens , tactics , substitutions and failure to acquire any real leader on the pitch try my patience.
There is a real inertia about the club.
The owner doesn't want us but is stuck with us and is never here.
The manager is on a five year contract so we can't afford to change him.
The players are leaderless and the injury list never shortens.
The whole thing resembles that stupid hotel.
But apart from that…..everything’s good 🤭

In the US on holiday today so just caught up on MOTD. Didn't sound too bad considering but then again post match analysis not one mention of us do they think we are down. Only Blades can beat their own worst PL season with one even worse

I might as well have copied my post after the Citeh game . I watched whist abroad on the Sport 24 channel with Andy Townsend commentating . He said everything I said in that post about the squad depth / injuries . Kids and league players only . Blame the owner not the players / manager for this shit show . I said we would run out of juice on 75 they scored on 76. It most be totally demoralising playing for us with this owner who wants to sell us for 10x what we are worth . Do us all a favour and clear your losses sell us to a serious player and fuck off !

We competed, went toe to toe with them. And when it was a fair battle we had a good share of the ascendancy too.
But when you have a squad of 11 fit senior players and a few blokes that have just come back from injury and the opposing team brings on over £200m of players there will always be a difference in the end.

We’re fighting a battle that we can’t win, but the key thing tonight is we were fighting. And that’s all we can ask for. Very happy with what I’ve seen.

The only downer is the difference when Mcburnie is not on the pitch. Both going forward and defensively (crosses, set pieces etc) he is our linchpin. A Massive miss.

Yet coming out of the ground we’ve still got doylems slagging us off. We really do have some thick fans.

Up Heckys blades
Spot on mate . I agree with ever word of that . We do our best with what we have got . The thing we are short of is simple CASH.No ones fault we just carry on until we have an owner who can afford a club in the prem .

In the US on holiday today so just caught up on MOTD. Didn't sound too bad considering but then again post match analysis not one mention of us do they think we are down. Only Blades can beat their own worst PL season with one even worse
We actually looked the better team in the first half but as usual we ran out of gas in the second half with no one on the bench to bring on .

We competed, went toe to toe with them. And when it was a fair battle we had a good share of the ascendancy too.
But when you have a squad of 11 fit senior players and a few blokes that have just come back from injury and the opposing team brings on over £200m of players there will always be a difference in the end.

We’re fighting a battle that we can’t win, but the key thing tonight is we were fighting. And that’s all we can ask for. Very happy with what I’ve seen.

The only downer is the difference when Mcburnie is not on the pitch. Both going forward and defensively (crosses, set pieces etc) he is our linchpin. A Massive miss.

Yet coming out of the ground we’ve still got doylems slagging us off. We really do have some thick fans.

Up Heckys blades
You’re happy with that my god what a mess we are in if people are happy because we tried for
half a game

Good first half followed by a very poor second half.
Players shrunk, no leadership on the pitch after McBurnie went off and a lack of character from some.
As mentioned above, definite question marks over fitness, which might in turn be connected to the huge number of injuries.
We should definitely be asking for more than that.
It was a good first 30) minutes tbh thereafter Man Utd do a tactical shift we do bugger all
only one outcome

You’re happy with that my god what a mess we are in if people are happy because we tried for
half a game
Well i was happy with the first half to. when you look at all the injuries we have and the general state of affairs regarding the club being skint what do you expect . Most of us knew it was going to be tough this season add to that all the injuries which i don't think any other club in the league are having to put up with the first half offered some hope . The second half we just ran out of gas while they brought on 200 million pounds worth of talent while we had babies on the bench .What do you expect .

Even though its looking grim at the moment and looking at our results, we've actually played/playing 5 out of the 7 big teams in out first 10 games.

Man C
Spurs
Newcastle
Man U
Arsenal

So really it's the 24 other games where we need to pick up points. I'm really torn on Hecky, haven't a clue anymore.

Even though its looking grim at the moment and looking at our results, we've actually played/playing 5 out of the 7 big teams in out first 10 games.

Man C
Spurs
Newcastle
Man U
Arsenal

So really it's the 24 other games where we need to pick up points. I'm really torn on Hecky, haven't a clue anymore.
He’s got until Bournemouth in 4 weeks time at the very latest for me.. he should have cleared his desk after the Newcastle embarrassment. Then to go down to the big smoke and not put any effort in 2 weekends on the trot really fucked me off. I am surprised he wasn’t given his marching orders by PA after Fulham.
I don’t expect anything out of Arsenal & Brighton away but we have to get a minimum of 2 points against wolves & Bournemouth.

He’s got until Bournemouth in 4 weeks time at the very latest for me.. he should have cleared his desk after the Newcastle embarrassment. Then to go down to the big smoke and not put any effort in 2 weekends on the trot really fucked me off. I am surprised he wasn’t given his marching orders by PA after Fulham.
I don’t expect anything out of Arsenal & Brighton away but we have to get a minimum of 2 points against wolves & Bournemouth.
Surely them two home games has to be 4 points? Even 6 is needed really.

I thought the score completely flattered us too. Should have realistically been 4 or 5 goals for manure given the number of chances we handed them with yet more individual errors at the back and the post being rattled twice.

First half was decent from us against one of the worst Man Utd sides of the past 30 years but it was still littered with errors that could/should have resulted in them being a couple up. Second half shocking again. Substitutions bizarre again. We lose again.

Disagree on the 4 or 5 goals. Manchester may have hit the bar twice but both were optimistic, low percentage long range efforts not all that different from their winner which has rightly been described as a great goal. Those efforts weren't all that different to Archer and Brewster's shots which Onana unconvincingly parried out.

FWIW: Flashscore has the xG at 1.44-1.03, understat at 1.41-1.46 and fbref at 1.4-1.1 meaning a 1-1 draw would have been fair on the balance of the chances.

Not forgetting the profit we’ll be able to show off about 9 months after this season ends. Much more important than competing on the pitch in the view of some fans.
Us making a profit is the only thing which keeps us from going into administration as long as we have an owner who is either incapable or unwilling to fund a newly-promoted Premier League team (or both). We are where we are because of that.

Disagree on the 4 or 5 goals. Manchester may have hit the bar twice but both were optimistic, low percentage long range efforts not all that different from their winner which has rightly been described as a great goal. Those efforts weren't all that different to Archer and Brewster's shots which Onana unconvincingly parried out.

FWIW: Flashscore has the xG at 1.44-1.03, understat at 1.41-1.46 and fbref at 1.4-1.1 meaning a 1-1 draw would have been fair on the balance of the chances.

Us making a profit is the only thing which keeps us from going into administration as long as we have an owner who is either incapable or unwilling to fund a newly-promoted Premier League team (or both). We are where we are because of that.
At this point I’d take future administration if it meant a few seasons of fun. The current existence is one where we can have a great season getting promoted but then the life is sucked out of things as we don’t even attempt to compete at a higher level. It will get to the point where we don’t even celebrate promotions because we are aware of the pain to follow.

We've got 1 point. Even Luton have 5. You can understand the frustration.
frustration not helped when Maguire knocked mcatee flying and we got nothing for it
such are the fine margins
how that wasnt given is a disgrace

and yes who does hecky bring on , we are crippled with major injuries and our bench is full of kids

man utd can bring on 300m quids worth of players , is that Heckys fault

our bench
  • 4Fleck
  • 7Brewster
  • 11Traoré
  • 23Osborn
  • 25Ben Slimane
  • 26Oné
  • 37Amissah
  • 38Seriki
  • 40Buyabu total value 30m
theirs
  • 1Bayindir
  • 7Mount
  • 9Martial
  • 14Eriksen
  • 17Garnacho
  • 19Varane
  • 28Pellistri
  • 34van de Beek
  • 46Mejbri
total value 330m
Ive never seen 5 of our subs

Last edited:
McAtee was knackered
Was he bollocks - he's 20 for gods sake. I could play 3 games on the trot in those days and still have enough energy for a ride on Sarah Green. Well lets face it, schofield would not have sh@gged her would he!

Up Heckys blades
I feel with a little bit more composure on the ball we CAN compete in this league. Most of our problems seem to come from individual errors which instantly put us on the back foot. Yes, we have to be quicker in the Prem, but we don’t have to rush things in possession.

Back
Top Bottom