You can’t ask for any more than that

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
We competed, went toe to toe with them. And when it was a fair battle we had a good share of the ascendancy too.
But when you have a squad of 11 fit senior players and a few blokes that have just come back from injury and the opposing team brings on over £200m of players there will always be a difference in the end.

We’re fighting a battle that we can’t win, but the key thing tonight is we were fighting. And that’s all we can ask for. Very happy with what I’ve seen.

The only downer is the difference when Mcburnie is not on the pitch. Both going forward and defensively (crosses, set pieces etc) he is our linchpin. A Massive miss.

Yet coming out of the ground we’ve still got doylems slagging us off. We really do have some thick fans.

Up Heckys blades

We competed, went toe to toe with them. And when it was a fair battle we had a good share of the ascendancy too.
But when you have a squad of 11 fit senior players and a few blokes that have just come back from injury and the opposing team brings on over £200m of players there will always be a difference in the end.

We’re fighting a battle that we can’t win, but the key thing tonight is we were fighting. And that’s all we can ask for. Very happy with what I’ve seen.

The only downer is the difference when Mcburnie is not on the pitch. Both going forward and defensively (crosses, set pieces etc) he is our linchpin. A Massive miss.

Yet coming out of the ground we’ve still got doylems slagging us off. We really do have some thick fans.

Up Heckys blades
Yeah it could of gone either way lol 😆

Up Heckys blades
I think we can ask for more and we should. Man United were abysmal and we failed to capitalise.

Can’t ask for anymore than that?

Manager doesn’t change it until we are losing. Awful awful substitutes. No desire for to get anything from the game second half. But I know, let’s bring on Osborn shall we.

1 point in 9 games but yeah, we can’t ask for anymore than that can we?

Manager doesn’t change it until we are losing. Awful awful substitutes. No desire for to get anything from the game second half. But I know, let’s bring on Osborn shall we.

Change what. Who from our illustrious list of youth team players and blokes who haven’t kicked a ball in months do you want to bring on? Do you have eyes that can read a team sheet??

We've got 1 point. Even Luton have 5. You can understand the frustration.
Luton have had a much easier run of fixtures than us of late and twice played teams with ten men for large periods. We've not had one game against abortion five side apart from Everton and could have easily won that.

As long as our tactics are "panic on the ball, knock it to the channels, hope for the best" were going to lose.

First half we tried to play football and we looked OK. Second half we constantly conceded possession. We can't score if we don't have the ball, and we're more likely to concede if we don't have the ball. It's not a difficult concept but the management don't seem to get it which at this level is unforgiveable.

And don't get me started on Osborn.. At 1-1 it's almost an acceptable substitution. At 1-2 it makes no sense. At least bring on Slimane.

First half was very good, but fuck knows what was going on for most of the second.

I want Hecky to turn this around, but he doesn't seem to have the tactical flexibility needed when things aren't going well. Shades of late Wilder at the moment.

Change what. Who from our illustrious list of youth team players and blokes who haven’t kicked a ball in months do you want to bring on? Do you have eyes that can read a team sheet??
So yeah let’s take off Mcatte and Hamer (our only two creative players) then shall we. And yeah let’s change once we are losing which was so obvious to see what was going to happen.

Maybe Slimane instead of Osborn who hasn’t kicked a ball in about 8 weeks?

1 point in 9 games. But yeah - we can’t ask for anymore can we….

I’d have taken a 2-1 with a Man U worldy to win it before the game, at least we tried.

We are threadbare to the extreme and woefully short of the quality needed to compete well in this league. Some of the decisions made when we have the ball at our feet are mind boggling to the extreme. Oh well, just need to get a win at Arsenal now!

Blimey. There are some on here who would make excuses for Hecky if they got home from work and found him in their bed with their missus. Some would probably wipe his cock afterwards and fetch him a beer.

Being competitive in a Premier League game should be a given. Some of us expect a bit more than 1 point out of a possible 27 (make that 30 come next Saturday) and we expect ridiculous injury lists in the squad to last less than 2 years plus.

Got to go.

Mind you we are just really really really unlucky. Constantly. Apparently. 🥱

As soon as McBurnie went off we were finished and there were 45 minutes left after that.

Not only that, we concede a goal and the genius decision is to immediately take off McAtee for Osborn, then later off comes Hamer.

It's almost like we're actively trying to keep the score down rather than get back in it.

We wouldn't have scored another with the finishing 11 if we were playing now and Man United had already left Sheffield

Up Heckys blades
You must have watched a different game to me.

I think I have to agree with Woodhouse blade. Other managers make changes to win games we make changes to chase games and not necessarily the right changes.

I think I have to agree with Woodhouse blade. Other managers make changes to win games we make changes to chase games and not necessarily the right changes.
Who? Who the fuck do you want to bring on? Come on, one of you has to answer that question tonight

As soon as McBurnie went off we were finished and there were 45 minutes left after that.

Not only that, we concede a goal and the genius decision is to immediately take off McAtee for Osborn, then later off comes Hamer.

It's almost like we're actively trying to keep the score down rather than get back in it.

We wouldn't have scored another with the finishing 11 if we were playing now and Man United had already left Sheffield
You have to make your own luck, and we have absolutely no interest in attempting anything to change. We make the same mistakes each week.

Who? Who the fuck do you want to bring on? Come on, one of you has to answer that question tonight
I don't mind Osborn coming on, but he is a player that breaks up opposition play rather than a primary creative player. Therefore perhaps when the midfield was getting tired and they brought on Eriksen & co. We were dropping back, perhaps Osborn on before they scored? Oh look no swear words!

The bottom line is if we only make changes after the opposition takes the lead, in this league, we will struggle. However, much improved performance. Shame McBurnie had to go off.

Good first half followed by a very poor second half.
Players shrunk, no leadership on the pitch after McBurnie went off and a lack of character from some.
As mentioned above, definite question marks over fitness, which might in turn be connected to the huge number of injuries.
We should definitely be asking for more than that.

Back
Top Bottom