CONFIRMED Yasser Larouci

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Most of the people abusing a new signing are just taking the frustrations on the off-season out on him. As there aren’t many other outlets for it. Pointless and unhelpful as it is.

Obviously we’d all love to be sitting here feeling optimistic about the new season but there hasn’t been much to feel good about. But if we’d signed 4/5 and Ndaiye was still here I’m sure he’s be getting the benefit of the doubt. Instead he’s the new whipping boy and poster child for an inadequate recruitment budget.

No point slating now. He might not be good enough but then it’s short sighted given the turn around doyle and mcatee had after slow and poor starts respectively.

New team, new country so it’s pointless to judge now.

I think Hecky and Hudson should be able to coach him to be a better defender.

What they can't coach is for someone to be more athletic or quicker.

So I suppose there is something to work with albeit a bit of a more rough diamond than perhaps we'd like.

I'd certainly feel more secure knowing RND was fit however. There must be an update on him soon.

Thing is, the nature of abuse is that you tend to normalise it if you've been through it yourself as a way of coping with it and surviving.

The long and short of it is that most people being proper horrible cunts about players probably don't even realise they're doing it, because 'being a right horrible cunt' according to most people is perfectly normal according by them, hence why they do it. In order to acknowledge the shittiness of their behaviour will probably involve acknowledging that a lot of the ways they've been treated in also abusive - things which they have accepted as 'nornal' in order to cope with the pain of it, which understandably most people in these circumstances are not going to want to do. Too painful. Too much truth.

Honestly, telling people they're being verbally abusive, horrible cunts isn't usually going to work, even if it's factual by most people's standards.

What we need to do lads is galvanise and bring in any party that (a) invests in the direct services that work with child abuse (social services), and more broadly (b) works to eradicate poverty and therefore the multifarious stresses associated with it - stresses which, if a mixture of things come together in the right (wrong) way, result in parents not having the emotional energy or insight to relate to their kids in any kinds of empathic, nurturing way. That, in turn, creates the kind of culture whereby being a vile, abusive cunt can be seen as being somehow virtuous, ie 'telling it how it is'. That's how you deal with abuse - support people to bring up kids in a culture whereby they have enough support so that they have they have the emotional capacity to be empathetic and nurturing. Those kids will grow up not wanting to (a) abuse people in their life, or (b) abuse people who are not in their life, eg football players (or actors, or whoever else)

Another way of putting this is: Football is basically Corrie. It's fucking daft at the end of the day. It's just a way for us to keep ourselves occupied until we die. Any retard that treats it 100% seriously without any sense of irony needs to sort their fucking lives out. I've got family in hospital, we've got a lot of people using food banks, we have mental health services that do literally nothing right up until the point of someone trying to kill themselves - they'll literally do shit all up until that point, and often the only way you'll get seen anytime soon without paying £50 per hour for the privilege is to attempt to off yourself purely for that reason.

Point is, fuck off with your abuse. Sort out your trauma or get a sense of perspective or do whatever the fuck you need to do in order to place your following of a sports team in its proper category. That category is not life or death or nearly enough to justify verbally abusing people, either online or in person

That’s a brilliant post. Thanks 🙏

Decent cameo off the bench from Larouchi today. Competed well in the air, showed his speed to beat a Palace player to the ball and kickstart an attack for us, and played a good flighted ball down the line to put us in with a crossing opportunity.

Wasn’t on for long, but everything he did was positive. He’s struggled in preseason but promising signs today and should push Lowe hard for the LWB shirt.

Decent cameo off the bench from Larouchi today. Competed well in the air, showed his speed to beat a Palace player to the ball and kickstart an attack for us, and played a good flighted ball down the line to put us in with a crossing opportunity.

Wasn’t on for long, but everything he did was positive. He’s struggled in preseason but promising signs today and should push Lowe hard for the LWB shirt.
Though I think a 10-15 cameo is not enough to judge someone on, thought he dealt with most stuff quite well, apart from that awkward header that nearly put (I think it was Ayew) through on goal but thankfully his header just forced the player wide so he was forced to play an extra pass instead, thought he could have headed it back to Wes at first but nothing came of it.

To be fair, I could push Lowe hard for the LWB shirt. And I'm right footed. And 64. With an arthritic hip.

Though I think a 10-15 cameo is not enough to judge someone on, thought he dealt with most stuff quite well, apart from that awkward header that nearly put (I think it was Ayew) through on goal but thankfully his header just forced the player wide so he was forced to play an extra pass instead, thought he could have headed it back to Wes at first but nothing
I’m not getting carried away :). Good point on the header, and I’m pleased he got away with it as he was full stretch to get any contact on the ball so it would have been unfortunate if it led to a Palace goal. The jury’s going to be out on Larouchi for a while, I think, but I’m cautiously optimistic about him.

I’m not getting carried away :). Good point on the header, and I’m pleased he got away with it as he was full stretch to get any contact on the ball so it would have been unfortunate if it led to a Palace goal. The jury’s going to be out on Larouchi for a while, I think, but I’m cautiously optimistic about him.
Yeah, given that the ball had already dropped quite low so he couldn't jump and head it meant that he couldn't generate any power on it. No doubt he'll get better but hope nothing serious comes from Lowe being down on the floor not long before he was subbed, can't afford any more injuries right now.

Shocking signing.

Whether he’s bad or not, (and he looks it) he definitely isn’t anywhere near ready. We needed genuine competition for Lowe at very least.

Lowe is completely out of sorts/shit and we have no viable replacement. It’s fucking unbelievable.

Shocking signing.

Whether he’s bad or not, (and he looks it) he definitely isn’t anywhere near ready. We needed genuine competition for Lowe at very least.

Lowe is completely out of sorts/shit and we have no viable replacement. It’s fucking unbelievable.
This aged well. The LWB position is his to lose now

Think he made a great case for keeping the shirt not only going forward but defensively really put himself about as well, hopefully finally have a replacement for Lowe

He needs a better defender behind him so I’d be starting Trusty and let them have a run.

There’s no excuse to keep the same 3 centre defenders in when we’ve conceded 3 poor goals, all headers, in 2 games

Larou had some very positive moments. Great energy going forward. Defensively he was OK, positionally he let his man go a couple times but thankfully nothing came from it. Overal today he had a positive influence on the game.

I hope he keeps improving!

Shocking signing.

Looking at the posts you have put on here tonight, then i am afraid sir that you are a FUCKING IDIOT!

Larou had some very positive moments. Great energy going forward. Defensively he was OK, positionally he let his man go a couple times but thankfully nothing came from it. Overal today he had a positive influence on the game.

He will improve. Hecky & his team are good at that. Still very early days for him.

Feel confident of him going forward and a bit nervous of him defending. Having said that he did get some vital challenges in.

It was a harsh post 15 minutes in. Bit less shooting from the hip needed from lots of posters.
It’s still early days. He has looked shocking in the friendlies, he hasnt been playing ahead of a very out of sorts Lowe. No wonder people have thought he’s useless.

But like I said he showed signs of improvement today.

It’s still early days. He has looked shocking in the friendlies, he hasnt been playing ahead of a very out of sorts Lowe. No wonder people have thought he’s useless.

But like I said he showed signs of improvement today.
Ok, I didn't see that later post, but surely more reason to think on before shooting players down.

Even besides his mistakes tonight Lowe doesn't contribute enough. The way we set up tonight, we were crying out for someone to give us something offensively, but he usually plays it backwards to Jack at best. Larouci has also struggled to adapt, but his performance tonight was definitely something to build on. If Baldock is back soon I think Larouci and Osborn may have to be our alternatives on the left.

Admin note: Infraction given for personal abuse
Wa
Shocking signing.

Wanker

Back
Top Bottom