Yanic Wildschut

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Just spoken with a Canaries following friend of mine. He struggled to say much positive about him.
'Flatters to deceive, very inconsistent. Has lightning pace but struggles to do anything with it. Not worth a freebie, never mind £7m. He wasnt given many chances, but did little when he was. Glad to be rid. Hope you buy him!

Not promising so, Wilder may fancy Him As a cheap a squad player.

UTB

I know an Ipswich fan that said Goldie was a quality player but was never off the treatment table. Said he was liabilty and we were welcome to him. I also remember Donny fans saying Brian Deane was a donkey and would do fuck all for us.

Funny old game Saint.

I know an Ipswich fan that said Goldie was a quality player but was never off the treatment table. Said he was liabilty and we were welcome to him. I also remember Donny fans saying Brian Deane was a donkey and would do fuck all for us.

Funny old game Saint.

Agreed. But we can also provide a very long list of aces who fail to deliver on there hype!
That said I'll be more than delighted to see my friend proved wrong. After all he is from Norwich and they paid £7m for him.

I'd say two. Billy gets injured could leave us short up top

Washington, Leon and Goldie just don't currently have the stats for me, although Goldie aint doing bad

Didzy has scored the same number of goals as Danny Graham, Frazier Campbell and Ollie McBurnie. He has more than Ollie Watkins, Lee Gregory, Jack Marriott and Nahki Wells. All of those players would have fans salivating at the thought of them playing for us, because they play for other clubs and other clubs’ players are always fantastic.

He has both the stats and the game for me.

Didzy has scored the same number of goals as Danny Graham, Frazier Campbell and Ollie McBurnie. He has more than Ollie Watkins, Lee Gregory, Jack Marriott and Nahki Wells. All of those players would have fans salivating at the thought of them playing for us, because they play for other clubs and other clubs’ players are always fantastic.

It was really diapointing when mcg went through that spell of missing sitters how quickly some fans turned on him ,he was still playing well and contributing to the team but I guess some football supporters don't have the Intelligence to see that ,conversely i calculated Billy missed 12 chances to score before he got back on the goal trail and never came under the same scrutiny in fact he was regularly praised for his concontribution

I agree Pinchy, but almost all the players you quote are not with teams at the top of the league so ask yourself why?. The strikers that are in teams doing well in the league are in teams with associated strikers scoring as well which is where the exception in Marriott is. He's not playing much because Derby have other strikers. In order to maintain a challenge, a team needs more than one "goal scoring" striker. Goals make prizes. If we had Billy Sharp + Goldie + one or two other goal scoring strikers, it would give us options and act as insurance should anything stop Billy and/or Goldie from playing. At the moment, it appears our options are let's say, limited. Relying on Leon and Washington to keep us near the pace would result in failure imo

The problem as I see it, is not Billy and Goldie, it's if/when they can't play that is the problem.

It's very difficult, because we don't have the funds and we can't magic decent strikers appearing at the club. It's a dilemma CW is trying to solve. For what it's worth, my view is that CW is looking at Wildschutt to maybe replace Washington. Wildschutt can't really do any worse than Washington when it comes to goals scored can he?

Don’t see where he fits into our style of play? Would be great if we played a front 3 though

Trust CWs judgement mind.

Not the quality I was hoping for but this is the level we are at with our tinpot owners.

Don’t see where he fits into our style of play? Would be great if we played a front 3 though

Trust CWs judgement mind.
Plan B I'd guess.

He takes off Basham and goes with 4 at the back.

He's got Norwood and Fleck in the middle, Duffy on the right, McGoldrick and Sharp up top - who goes to left wing?

Or he brings Coutts on, plays 4-3-3 and has Norwood and Fleck either side. McGoldrick goes wide, Sharp stays in the middle. Duffy still knackers on 60 minutes, who goes wide left?

Yes we can bring Clark on and go 4-3-1-2 with McGoldrick or Clark can replace Duffy and we remain 3-4-1-2 but having a wide player with pace is going to help.

Especially if bizarrely he can also cover right wing back. Johnson is still in the mix as cover for Stevens.

Definitely some opportunities where this option may come in useful.

Plan B I'd guess.

He takes off Basham and goes with 4 at the back.

He's got Norwood and Fleck in the middle, Duffy on the right, McGoldrick and Sharp up top - who goes to left wing?

Or he brings Coutts on, plays 4-3-3 and has Norwood and Fleck either side. McGoldrick goes wide, Sharp stays in the middle. Duffy still knackers on 60 minutes, who goes wide left?

Yes we can bring Clark on and go 4-3-1-2 with McGoldrick or Clark can replace Duffy and we remain 3-4-1-2 but having a wide player with pace is going to help.

Especially if bizarrely he can also cover right wing back. Johnson is still in the mix as cover for Stevens.

Definitely some opportunities where this option may come in useful.

I appreciate that. and options are good, not one I recall Wilder option for, Wed and Leeds last season his Plan B was to push Basham into Midfield and break up play and then eh reverted to 3 at the back?

Id think we lack an attacking Plan B,(someone will tell me we have one that Ive missed) but a 4-3-3 with Basham dropping out a midfield trio as you state of Coutts, Norwood and Fleck and a front 3 of Sharp central with 2 from Johnson, Duffy, Wildschut and McGoldrick could be very effective

The level we are at is third in the championship playing superb football.

Disappointing, isn’t it?
Not disappointing at all - it’s fantastic. After a few weeks of over playing, we have returned to being more positive, being a little more direct (still controlled - not hoof) and playing with higher tempo - which has resulted in some great results.

What is disappointing is that with half decent owners we would have a much better chance of promotion. Kev is clearly out of his depth and has been for years.

Not disappointing at all - it’s fantastic. After a few weeks of over playing, we have returned to being more positive, being a little more direct (still controlled - not hoof) and playing with higher tempo - which has resulted in some great results.

What is disappointing is that with half decent owners we would have a much better chance of promotion. Kev is clearly out of his depth and has been for years.

Perhaps we should underplay a bit more? Be even more direct (another tiresome metaphor for the grotesque anti-football played by your hero Dinosaur Dave). Wilder says it’s all noise and nonsense, by the way.
So does Knill, but what do they know?

As for the owners, no doubt you’ll find someone with unlimited resources for us. Quick though, they’re already queueing round the car park.

We ❤️ Underplaying.

So when things are going good it’s in spite of the owners but when things are going bad it’s because of them? Is that essentially what you’re saying?

Are you going to step up and give it a go?

Perhaps we should underplay a bit more? Be even more direct (another tiresome metaphor for the grotesque anti-football played by your hero Dinosaur Dave). Wilder says it’s all noise and nonsense, by the way.
So does Knill, but what do they know?

As for the owners, no doubt you’ll find someone with unlimited resources for us. Quick though, they’re already queueing round the car park.

We ❤️ Underplaying.
Wilder agreed about the overplaying. He said several times in post match interviews during our mediocre run before Xmas that we had not got the ball in the right areas quick enough. Fortunately we have put that right in recent games and our forwards are scoring for fun.

I’n no fan of aimless hoof - but nor do I like negative little sideways and backward passes that are so easy to defend against. Look at our best performances and results this season and you’ll see players running at defenders, forward passes, overlapping defenders and high tempo.

As for investors, “hey, there’s no bigger Blade than me” Kev continues to do his best to put any new buyers off. Much smaller clubs with far less potential than us have attracted rich and ambitious buyers.

Wilder agreed about the overplaying. He said several times in post match interviews during our mediocre run before Xmas that we had not got the ball in the right areas quick enough. Fortunately we have put that right in recent games and our forwards are scoring for fun.

I’n no fan of aimless hoof - but nor do I like negative little sideways and backward passes that are so easy to defend against. Look at our best performances and results this season and you’ll see players running at defenders, forward passes, overlapping defenders and high tempo.

As for investors, “hey, there’s no bigger Blade than me” Kev continues to do his best to put any new buyers off. Much smaller clubs with far less potential than us have attracted rich and ambitious buyers.

How is Kev doing his best to put off new buyers exactly? Please be specific

As for investors, “hey, there’s no bigger Blade than me” Kev continues to do his best to put any new buyers off.

Is one lie a day your New Year Resolution?
Or have you just got shit for brains? :rolleyes:

Really?! Fair enough; I also seem to remember reading somewhere he'd been injured?? Wasn't he a decent player at Charlton a few seasons ago?

Must of been decent for Norwich to spend £7 million on him, didn’t play for Charlton though.

Last edited:
Another one who scored against us last season. GLTTL

Someone who can't get a game at one of the worst clubs in the league and who Norwich fans can't wait to get rid of. Under any of our previous regimes I'd be saying what the @@@@ but under Wilder and Knill I'm thinking he'll he a roaring success !

All of those players would have fans salivating at the thought of them playing for us

All of those would have scored more goals playing for us than they have for their current clubs. Our style of play ensures the chances are created. Maupay for example, he'd have 20+ by now for us.

As a loan cover, I wouldn't mind this really. Would it mean Marvin Johnson is off?

Back
Top Bottom