Yanic Wildschut

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

There is so much potential with a name like that playing for The Blades.

Poor recruitment by Bolton, bringing a player in like him knowing full well he doesn’t suit how they play.

I remember being impressed by him when he played for Norwich against us a couple of seasons ago. He's got good feet and is a physical presence up front. I'd not really seen him as a winger though, more of a striker.

There are many reasons why a player might not hit it off at some clubs, so it doesn't concern me in the slightest that he's not getting in the side at Bolton. It doesn't concern me that Kenneth Zohore isn't getting in the side at Cardiff either.

It didn't concern me that Marcus Bent wasn't getting in the side at Port Vale when we signed him, for that matter.

Let's hope Wilder and Knill don't just go..."he's not gerrin in t' side so he can't be any good". I'm sure they won't. And if they get Wildschut I'll be delighted with that.

Get him in on loan and fuck Johnson off, then sign him free in the summer, job done.

As has already been mentioned, he can't even get in the fucking Bolton side.

This is the obvious reservation about him. Surely if he’s a quick, direct, wide player as described then he’d fit into Bolton’s gerrit aht wide n int’box style?

Sounds like another Marvin Johnson to me to be honest.

Good player but I viewed him as a winger. Name one successful winger under Wilder? It just doesn’t suit our style of play.

Shame Bournemouth didn't consider this with Brooks in not getting in our team.

Superb comparison to make. A 27 year old with someone who until last season had played 0 competitive games at club level.

Bolton and Norwich fans really don't rate him. Struggling to find many positive comments. Surely must have something if Norwich paid £7m for him though.

He probably needs to play regular football again. The last time he did that was at Wigan. But on that basis, he shouldn't sign for us. Because he'd very likely just be a squad player, albeit a good one.

We need a player of his type that’s for sure, we have zero pace and currently only one offensive player that likes to take a man on. Always liked him when I’ve seen him, both at the Lane and on TV for Wigan. I trust our scouting network.

I just don’t get this...he doesn’t seem to fit the profile of the type of player we’re after and I’m not sure why Naarwich would bring him back from his loan with Notlob and loan him to us.

I’m not convinced we are seriously considering this one. It smacks of a made up story to me.

But hey, what do I know?!? I’ve been wrong before and I’ll be wrong again.

Alan Biggs‏Verified account @AlanBiggs1 3h3 hours ago
Only tend to remark on transfer spec if I think it might have legs. In the case of Yanic Wildschut & Sheffield United very fast legs! Reckon fastest I’d seen when at Wigan a few years ago. Stalled at Norwich, loaned out. But maybe a pace appeal to #sufc ?

Why would the time wasters loan to us, it's that part that makes no sense

Why would the time wasters loan to us, it's that part that makes no sense
They are on a tight budget from what I remember they had to undertake a bug cost cutting exercise this season
So hard off to farke for the job hes done

I just don’t get this...he doesn’t seem to fit the profile of the type of player we’re after and I’m not sure why Naarwich would bring him back from his loan with Notlob and loan him to us.

I’m not convinced we are seriously considering this one. It smacks of a made up story to me.

But hey, what do I know?!? I’ve been wrong before and I’ll be wrong again.

Depends if Utd are prepared to make a small loan fee to his parent club and pick up a bigger percentage of his wages whilst he's on loan to us. I suspect Bolton are contributing next to nothing 're his wages and will have been using the probability of him getting regular games at Bolton as leverage in the summer.

If he does come to the Lane, I also suspect that United may well have agreed a loan to buy deal (in the summer), whilst Bolton have fuk all money to buy anyone in 6 months or any time soon.

Not saying its true or will happen, but there are many a reason why Norwich might terminate his loan at Bolton and send him elsewhere.

For the record, I spoke at length with a Notlob fan the other day (a work colleague who is a season ticket holder and who was sat next to me on a flight back from Croatia), and he isn't impressed with the lad. Happy for us to take him off their hands. I did tell him though that he was a good footballer and therefore he wouldn't look very good with their set of hoofers. He didn't disagree.

Think he could be a clever signing.

Wildschut, Dowell and a striker would be spot on - as long as the striker isn't just a cover player.

We only need 1 striker as far as I'm concerned. Just needs to be the right one.

Bit of pace up front would be great as I think that's what we are missing. Pace frightens defenders and makes them play deeper rather than pushing on and squeezing our midfield / back line when we have lost impetus.

That said, I like Washington and think he will come good for us.

Player I would love us to sign is Bowen from Hull, but i think we have missed the boat on that one (quite apt with him being a Hull player I suppose). He will be a goalscorer in his career and he is skilful, quick and young. If he was going for £6m or £7m he's the one we should push the boat out for, not Waghorn (no pun intended again...)

Bit of pace up front would be great as I think that's what we are missing. Pace frightens defenders and makes them play deeper rather than pushing on and squeezing our midfield / back line when we have lost impetus.

Player I would love us to sign is Bowen from Hull, but i think we have missed the boat on that one (quite apt with him being a Hull player I suppose). He will be a goalscorer in his career and he is skilful, quick and young. If he was going for £6m or £7m he's the one we should push the boat out for, not Waghorn (no pun intended again...)

I'd say two. Billy gets injured could leave us short up top

Washington, Leon and Goldie just don't currently have the stats for me, although Goldie aint doing bad

The Wildschut I remember would be a definite strengthening of attacking options. Pace and power and finishing as far as I can remember! (But maybe he only reserved that for against us?)

Agree entirely about Bowen - this kid looks the real deal to me and if there's any chance of getting him he's definitely worth pushing the boat out for .

Agree entirely about Bowen - this kid looks the real deal to me and if there's any chance of getting him he's definitely worth pushing the boat out for .
I think Bowen may be premiership bound.

Just spoken with a Canaries following friend of mine. He struggled to say much positive about him.
'Flatters to deceive, very inconsistent. Has lightning pace but struggles to do anything with it. Not worth a freebie, never mind £7m. He wasnt given many chances, but did little when he was. Glad to be rid. Hope you buy him!

Not promising so, Wilder may fancy Him As a cheap a squad player.

UTB

Watching that video he reminds me to a certain extent of Jamie Murphy.

Billy would have really benefited from playing with Murphy.

Back
Top Bottom