Writing McBurnie off after starting in 5 games

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Haters will hate.

And the justifiers will keep on justifying.

In PLAIN sight. No hiding place out there !

UTB

Not writing McBurnie off yet. Not until I see him starting regularly with the player I expected to start alongside him, Billy Sharp. When they came on together against Leicester with Mcg behind them in the Number 10 role it changed the dynamic of the game and put Leicester on the back foot and Mcb scored his first goal. I would like to see this formation given a chance as IMO it provides the best opportunity to create more goal scoring opportunities which there is a considerable lack of at the moment with the current set up.

At Barnsley Moore played as the central hold up player and Mcb fed off him making his presence felt mainly down the left. At Swansea he usually played in a front three with two runners off him like Routledge, Dyer or James. He hasn't played as an isolated striker before holding the ball up so I don't expect him to excel at that.

Its not as if he's been missing chances because hardly any have come his way. We need to score goals and play to players strengths. Mcb didn't have a good game against Watford, fair enough yet the previous week he gave the supposedly best centre half in the world a difficult game. Defensively he is also an advantage. Watford wouldn't have got their last minute free header in the box if he'd been on the pitch.

VAR hasn't helped Mcb. A few inches the other way and he scores against Southampton and probably wins us the game and his confidence is high. As for confidence the Blades Communications team in turning him into Public enemy number 1 with the Scottish nation hasn't helped either so I have some sympathy for him.

Too early to judge him especially when he's currently playing in a formation that doesn't suit his game.

He’s been carrying injury since the Everton game apparently. Withdrawn from the national team too. Good news I think, get him fit and ready.
If Scotland were decent I’d want him to go and hope he has a good game but he’s got nowt to come with that lot so he’s probably better off resting and recovering.

No it's not nail head, it's bollocks. There are people who want him to fail to suit their agendas, and there is a reason he 'hasn't looked the part' and that's because we've changed the way we play to be more conservative.
Nail on bollocks then!:cool:

He’s been carrying injury since the Everton game apparently. Withdrawn from the national team too. Good news I think, get him fit and ready.
He didn't look fit to me on Saturday

No it's not nail head, it's bollocks. There are people who want him to fail to suit their agendas, and there is a reason he 'hasn't looked the part' and that's because we've changed the way we play to be more conservative.

By the way, this is nonsense as far as Blades fans are concerned. There isn't a single Blades fan that wants McBurnie not to do well. Everyone wants all the players to do well. This is an enormous straw man.

People are criticising his performances, and those of Robinson, because they have been poor. Poorer than all the other players, I think most would agree.

By the way, this is nonsense as far as Blades fans are concerned. There isn't a single Blades fan that wants McBurnie not to do well. Everyone wants all the players to do well. This is an enormous straw man.

People are criticising his performances, and those of Robinson, because they have been poor. Poorer than all the other players, I think most would agree.
By the way, you’re absolutely wrong. Take Dronnie for example. WestSiberia too. that’s 2 off the top of my head. He was the exact same with Clarke. He’d made his mind up early and he’d rather he was right than McBurnie succeeded and I can guarantee you that.

And how many times do I or others have to explain why the strikers have looked poor...? It’s really not rocket science. And if you can’t understand why I’m not going to waste my time explaining it.

What's not the best option is to panic and go back to Sharp and McGoldrick. Though they did very well in the Championship, play Championship strikers and that's where we'll end up.

Errrr but last season McBurnie was also a Championship striker.

Joelinton cost £50mil and has the same amount of goals as McBurnie.

Ismalia Sarr cost £40mil and has less goals than McBurnie.

Nicolas Pepe cost £70mil and has less goals than McBurnie.
Higdon scored loads in Holland though 😂😂😂😂😂

Not writing him off, as he is doing exactly as I expected. He will work hard and score the odd goal.
personally I would want a better return that that for £20m.

However he does for us, nothing will change the reality that he was the stand out number 9 option for us in the summer, based in the UK.

Nothing will change that '£20m' was way over the top for him at the time either.

This signing more than any other should prompt the expansion of our scouting and recruitment range - ASAP.

We can't carry on chucking the standard '£15m' at Championship players. Ollie Watkins might be next. Yes, I'd like him here but come on, it would be fucking ridiculous wouldn't it? £42m for him, Robinson and McBurnie!

We need to start looking for better value and be willing to gamble a bit. We're seeing how much of a gamble even £20m can be.

We've already started down the foreigner road with Mousset and Verrips so we might as well go further now. Not that I expect bargains - that's very hard for PL clubs now.

However he does for us, nothing will change the reality that he was the stand out number 9 option for us in the summer, based in the UK.

Nothing will change that '£20m' was way over the top for him at the time either.

This signing more than any other should prompt the expansion of our scouting and recruitment range - ASAP.

We can't carry on chucking the standard '£15m' at Championship players. Ollie Watkins might be next. Yes, I'd like him here but come on, it would be fucking ridiculous wouldn't it? £42m for him, Robinson and McBurnie!

We need to start looking for better value and be willing to gamble a bit. We're seeing how much of a gamble even £20m can be.

We've already started down the foreigner road with Mousset and Verrips so we might as well go further now. Not that I expect bargains - that's very hard for PL clubs now.
It’s ok saying that but they’ve kind of cottoned on now, at least in the major European leagues, look at how much Joelinton cost, not even a particularly impressive season - goals wise for sure. I’d rather have McBurnie for half the price (and a bit less)

Some real clunkers in there like the Arsenal 70m striker and two for Everton. Had we paid less for Ollie I don't think this would be an issue because his performances have been ok if not great. Gave van dyke plenty of problems and if his disallowed, through no fault of his,goal stood then that would be two which looks a lot better than one ! I still think he can do it for us.

I think only JEC cost less. And it’s after eight games. Eight games. It’s interesting but clickbaity, in that it means very little.

I am literally writing this post just as a future 'I told you so'.

His dress sense is weird, his Tony Montana obsession is odd and some of the things he does and writes on social media makes me feel incredibly old and out of touch... but I like him, and I am calling it now - he WILL be a long term success!

His dress sense is weird, his Tony Montana obsession is odd and some of the things he does and writes on social media makes me feel incredibly old and out of touch... but I like him, and I am calling it now - he WILL be a long term success!
Totally agree. He's got it in his locker and we have just the man in charge to bring it out, even if it's next season.

Totally agree. He's got it in his locker and we have just the man in charge to bring it out, even if it's next season.
I think he will kick on post-January, could see him being one of thos players who finds form at the end of the season, scores in all 5 of our final games or something

He won’t.

Unless dressing like a dick and winning a few headers qualifies as success.

Which for some, might just be enough 😉.

UTB

I also agree, he'll come good for us, but not this season. He needs a lot of time in the gym working on his strength & conditioning, & needs to spend a lot of time watching & studying McGoldrick's buildup play.

He's on a four year deal, Wilder obviously sees a lot in him so we should try to be a bit patient. I'm a big critic of what I've seen from him thus far, but I'm not writing him off this early & neither should others.

He seems a bit of a daft lad, maybe even a little bit thick from what I've seen. But I also think he's somebody that would thrive if he became a bit of a fans favourite. He's not endeared himself very well yet, maybe he needs to work on that relationship.

He's on a four year deal, Wilder obviously sees a lot in him.
what a daft idea, giving a 23 yo who has played in the championship and league one all his life time to adapt and develop in the most competitive league in the world... ship him out in january, i would rather not have patience with him tbh... now which out of watkins and bowen should we get?

what a daft idea, giving a 23 yo who has played in the championship and league one all his life time to adapt and develop in the most competitive league in the world... ship him out in january, i would rather not have patience with him tbh... now which out of watkins and bowen should we get?
Are you suggesting shipping out all the others who developed in the Championship and League1 ???

Back
Top Bottom