Would you have McCabe back over the prince?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

i love that the prince came. Or play with the kids?

• Total voters

Pray tell what else was said at that meeting, I'm assuming you were there.

PA sanctioned additional signings himself in the first season back in the PL such as Moose and McBurnie. They both contributed a lot more that first season than Freeman and Robinson did.

I didn't know people were still big fans of McCabe on here.

Neither were willing or able to fund a championship club.

At least McCabe did stuff to the ground and academy at the time.

If the Prince sold up today his legacy would disappear in a puff of smoke.
he did things to the ground, have you not seen the corner stand where most of fans cant see the pitch and it's not even connected properly

he did things to the ground, have you not seen the corner stand where most of fans cant see the pitch and it's not even connected properly
Have you seen the other corner? Both raise capacity. I have been in both and yeah some seats are limited but the ones not are a great view with the kop closer than the other corner.

Prince has done the premier league mandatory improvements that's it.

Have you seen the other corner? Both raise capacity. I have been in both and yeah some seats are limited but the ones not are a great view with the kop closer than the other corner.

Prince has done the premier league mandatory improvements that's it.
that corner hardly raises the capacity int it 500 or summat like that and even big games like against wednesday leeds man city its half full,yeah 250 extra fans was that worth it? i dont think so

that corner hardly raises the capacity int it 500 or summat like that and even big games like against wednesday leeds man city its half full,yeah 250 extra fans was that worth it? i dont think so
It's still something. The other corner is a few thousand. Both are needed in the premier League 🤦

Who built the corner stands ?
who sold the ground to himself for a pittance ?

who bought the ground back under the clubs ownership?

The problem we have we are going to get relegated, I wish I was wrong. Half the squad is out of contract at the end of this season. Where is the money coming from to rebuild? the prince his own admission can't afford to run the club. he wants more money than the club is worth apparently hence it seems no interest. So we have to hope Chris Wilder can repeat what he did in 2016. I think he is the best person to do that. However, it won't be easy.

PA sanctioned additional signings himself in the first season back in the PL such as Moose and McBurnie

Is that why he couldn't pay the bills last season ?

£ 30 million on M and M. ( plus the wages of course).

Who built the corner stands ?
who sold the ground to himself for a pittance ?

who bought the ground back under the clubs ownership?

Did the Prince choose to? Or was he directed to do so by the Court judgement?

McCabe or PA BTW; Sophie’s choice.

Does it matter, he took back what was rightfully ours and could quite easily transfer title to himself as McCabe did

We would have sold Berge as soon as were relegated last time.

Not fought as hard to get as much for Ramsdale as we did.

Ndiaye would have been sold after his first season.

The Prince may not be what we want, but McCabe would have been much much worse.

The fun part of this equation is guessing how close to financial disaster the Prince took us. By not selling players he gambled on success and won.

But would he have seen us right if we’d failed? I have serious doubts.

For all McCabe’s BS and rank amateur decision making, I doubt he ever exposed the club beyond his ability/willingness to cover losses.

Is that why he couldn't pay the bills last season ?

£ 30 million on M and M. ( plus the wages of course).

We missed a payment on Brewster as we were going through the EFL process with that clown Dozy (who still gave us some money anyway). It got paid, the embargo got lifted and we got promoted regardless.

Maybe you are right, maybe it was much more fun pissing about in the depths of League 1 under McCabe spending nothing at all and having all the clubs assets split up.

Neither

But why would we want an owner who underfunded us and now is screwing us up in the future by building flats

Yay....

So Chris Wilder's signings are not all bad then ?

Worth the 'investment' of ten million pounds ( plus wages ) by Mc Cabe and the prince ?
Clearly wilders signings aren't all bad given he took over in league one and took us to the PL. With a squad assembled by him. He's only signed 3 upon his return and BBD had looked good.

You could argue that moussett helped pay for himself in that spell first season. As we stayed up and finished 9th.

Issue was Moussett thought he was fit enough when clearly he never has been. Real waste and only himself to blame.

It is a difficult question.

They have both been absentee owners - albeit, McCabe did at least fly in from Brussels on a regular basis on match days - which invariably creates the conditions for an organisation to drift aimlessly in times of challenge like the present.

The current owner has compounded that problem by having Yusuf Giansiracusa in place as Chairman. Who could forget his statement at the press conference for Hecky’s appointment in place of Slav - “I don’t care; I’m not English and I’m not a football guy.”

Personally, I’ve always had concerns about the character and judgement of a man - our owner - whose only friend(s) appears to be corporate law firm partners - and more particularly, US ones. Having worked in an international commercial law firm for over 20 years, I know just how many of them are flawed sociopaths!

But, then you come back to the fact that it was old Kev that opened the door to allow in these people that we are seemingly now lumbered with indefinitely.

What a choice…

PA is still better than McCabe,
McCabe is a Sheffielder, so despite having made a few quid for himself by taking educated and calculated risks, his mind has limitations regarding football, it is more important that the club remains in business and just existing rather than using the the same format of educated and calculated risk to move the club onto the next level.

PA just doesn't have the cash, that's his only crime, if he did we'd see a totally different club.

But, then you come back to the fact that it was old Kev that opened the door to allow in these people that we are seemingly now lumbered with indefinitely.

Though if HRH had his way he would have sold the club to either of two convicted fraudsters, who I'm sure would have stripped any assets available.

If this had happened maybe KMC would have been viewed in a different light.

Nearly falling for two convicted fraudsters shows that more diligence is due.

The problem we have we are going to get relegated, I wish I was wrong. Half the squad is out of contract at the end of this season. Where is the money coming from to rebuild? the prince his own admission can't afford to run the club. he wants more money than the club is worth apparently hence it seems no interest. So we have to hope Chris Wilder can repeat what he did in 2016. I think he is the best person to do that. However, it won't be easy.
Player sales, expiring contracts, bringing through the youth.

I find it strange how people want to give Prince Abdullah sole credit for promotions that happened while he was a co-owner. "He got us to the Premier League twice"? McCabe gets the blame for selling our best young players like DCL, Adams, Brooks etc but Prince gets the credit for the promotion teams that were built after those sales? Surely they both get credit/blame for those seasons?

As sole owner, PA has overseen one promotion, one play-off loss, two all-time bad relegation seasons, one embargo and two attempts to sell us to conmen. I think it's fair to say that he, like McCabe before him, has been a mixed bag.

Basically, there are far worse owners than either of them (Mr. Chansiri, for example) but in an ideal world, I'd prefer neither.

I find it strange how people want to give Prince Abdullah sole credit for promotions that happened while he was a co-owner. "He got us to the Premier League twice"? McCabe gets the blame for selling our best young players like DCL, Adams, Brooks etc but Prince gets the credit for the promotion teams that were built after those sales? Surely they both get credit/blame for those seasons?
People seemed to decide they had to take sides in the court case when my loyalty isn't to McCabe or the Prince but the club. However some people dug in and are like those Japanese WW2 soldiers who refused to accept the war was over and are still fighting a battle that's long over

Neither

But why would we want an owner who underfunded us and now is screwing us up in the future by building flats

Yay....

Underfunded?

We were losing seveeal million quid a year in the Championship and he recognised that was beyond his means.

Obviously in your book, he should have grown a bigger money tree. Then he could have 'funded' us to your satisfaction.

People seemed to decide they had to take sides in the court case when my loyalty isn't to McCabe or the Prince but the club. However some people dug in and are like those Japanese WW2 soldiers who refused to accept the war was over and are still fighting a battle that's long over

I think many were anti PA before the court case then we found out the sort shit McCabe gets up to and the mood swung the other way.

Not in a sexy position lol. Gotta make that clear as some of you have well rude minds.
But imagine if the prince never came.
Things were often well hard with Mccabe but we never got fucked in the ass weekly like we're getting now.
So.... Would you wind it back if you could? Cut your cloth accordingly and sell our better players and play with the kids?

FFS - that parasite took us to the 3rd division and kept us there.
Used us as a tax right off
Took ALL the assets into his ownership - which apparently is a major event according to Stalin Statton only now that Wendy have done it.
Appointed Danny 'relegation' Wilson as our manager.
Charged us to rent our own stadium!
Used Prince's #SUFC money to add undersoil heating and a new pitch into HIS Bramall Lane ground.
At a time of zero interest loaned £500K to the club at 100K repayment pa over 6 years (20% interest) WITH a plot of land thrown in presumably worth millions that he still owns! (one of two apparently)
Only lost ownership as he tried to screw the Prince as he screwed you that paid him money every week - I stopped.

Are you on drugs or taking the piss of the totally ignorant?

Back
Top Bottom