Would you have McCabe back over the prince?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

i love that the prince came. Or play with the kids?

• Total voters

knowsnowt

Get to fuck!
Reaction score
Not in a sexy position lol. Gotta make that clear as some of you have well rude minds.
But imagine if the prince never came.
Things were often well hard with Mccabe but we never got fucked in the ass weekly like we're getting now.
So.... Would you wind it back if you could? Cut your cloth accordingly and sell our better players and play with the kids?

We would have sold Berge as soon as were relegated last time.

Not fought as hard to get as much for Ramsdale as we did.

Ndiaye would have been sold after his first season.

The Prince may not be what we want, but McCabe would have been much much worse.

Not in a sexy position lol. Gotta make that clear as some of you have well rude minds.
Things were often well hard with Mccabe but we never got fucked in the ass weekly like we're getting now.
So.... Would you wind it back if you could? Cut your cloth accordingly and sell our better players and play with the kids?
We ended up in Division 3 with that spiv in charge. No thanks.

We would have sold Berge as soon as were relegated last time.

Not fought as hard to get as much for Ramsdale as we did.

Ndiaye would have been sold after his first season.

The Prince may not be what we want, but McCabe would have been much much worse.

Exactly, McCabe sells everyone and anything of value on relegation and then wonders why no manager can manage to get us back up.

What made me dislike McCabe most was his habit of selling our best players mid season for next to fuck all money especially in seasons we were looking to do well.

Nope, McCabe admitted he’d stopped putting money in, hence why Abdullah was brought on board.

We’d be at home to Bromley or Boreham Wood next week with McCabe still around.

McCabe is a reminder of just how shit it can be with an owner. The Prince is far from perfect but a huge upgrade compared to Kev who was really, really inept.

I don’t think it would be unrealistic to imagine that we would still be in league 1 if Kev was still here.

Do you mean Prince as in the artist formerly known as and McCabe as my former GP.? Tough choice. On the one hand Prince shared my favourite colour of purple and the other the good Doctor gave me a Fry's Chocolate Creme after I sobbed like a baby following an inoculation - wouldn't have been so bad but I was 22 at the time.

The Prince and Wilder should go and bring in Graham Potter to straighten this mess out ; we are the joke of the the league.

Overreaction of the season so far goes to our Canadian correspondent 🙂
Auto correct : Canarian. Not Canadian!
😊

Btw UD Lanzarote, now second in league. League leaders Tenerife, next home game. Should be a cracker.

You fill up my senses, like a night out in Arrecife.

Oh, and did I say, my season ticket cost €30.

Kev is the only choice on here.
We have to pick a replacement manager just from the previous ones.
Is Reg Brearly still about?

Samantha Kane is the obvious candidate in these days of pushing agendas.

McCabe did things with the ground?
Constructed an office block(using his building company) from which 'rents would be used to fund players wages". Bought back for £1.
Built a hotel (using his own building company) which would be leased out to a major chain, attract corporate hospitality and fund players wages. Bought back for £1,
Invested in the academy in the hope of creating a production line of starlets to sell.

McCabe did things with the ground?
Constructed an office block(using his building company) from which 'rents would be used to fund players wages". Bought back for £1.
Built a hotel (using his own building company) which would be leased out to a major chain, attract corporate hospitality and fund players wages. Bought back for £1,
Invested in the academy in the hope of creating a production line of starlets to sell.

Scarborough aren’t builders.

Who bought what back for a pound and who from?

Scarborough aren’t builders.

Who bought what back for a pound and who from?

Prince is poundland apparently so it must mean he bought them for £1.

I'm going to put a £1 bid in for those two plots on Shoreham Street, I'll let you know how I get on.

For reasons of historical evidence, I am vehemently against foreign ownership of British football clubs.

The writing is on the wall in this regard and has been for some time.

It won’t end well !!!

UTB

It's a moot point as he was on his way out (voluntarily). He brought the Prince in as he was unable or unwilling to make us competitive. He then had an agreement to sell the whole club for the same reason. I have no idea if ALK would be better or worse than the Prince. It seems a bit frying pan or fire.

McCabe was here right up until we were promoted first time under Wilder. He managed to part fund that push to promotion. Albeit under Wilder up until then our net spend was exceptionally good.

I would think that had McCabe stayed here and become sole owner again, we would have certainly spent less in those first 2 seasons up in the PL.
Relegation would likely have happened 2nd season. In the first I'd like to think we would have still done well but we might not have signed Moussett and McBurnie and in particular Moussett was great for us for about 2 months and we picked up alot of points.

Upon relegation we would have likely sold Ramsdale for less and Sander for less than we bought him for. Having said that we probably wouldnt' have signed either! Even though we would have had more years left on his deal.
Who knows how we would have shaped up though. Would Wilder have been less likely to fall out with McCabe at the time as opposed to Prince?
If so would Wilder have still been in charge first season back down? Doubtful we would have hired Slavisa.

However what we may well have seen would have been some upgrades in facilities. That original plan for a new building at the training ground might have happened.
We may have seen work start on the kop or South stand because afterall McCabe can put it through his company and it's beneficial for him.
However the catch would be that technically as a club Scarborough holdings would own both the ground and training ground like they did before the Prince took over.
Whilst ever McCabe was owner/part owner I guess this was partly OK. But makes selling the club trickier as the Prince found out.

Moussett was great for us for about 2 months

So Chris Wilder's signings are not all bad then ?

Worth the 'investment' of ten million pounds ( plus wages ) by Mc Cabe and the prince ?

Back
Top Bottom