Would you accept 12 points this season?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Would you accept 12 points this season?

• Total voters

What happens if we don't accept it? We just come on here with the "message to the prince" posts?

I can see us easily scraping another 6, maybe 7 goals between now and end of season. Ahhh...... points!

I try and think of some positives...

a few years ago, I couldn't believe we couldn't get out of league 1. We're out of that nightmare. We're in the prem on basically no money.
That 8-nil could have been another team. At least Newcastle is a good city and I like them. It's happened, and I can accept this loss by almost no other team.

But, Premeiership or not, it's depressing seeing loss after loss, in ANY division. Older fans will have seen it before, but this looks like a serious car crash season.
With so many crap sides in the pot with us, it's probably the easiest season to stay up in years, I'll bet again Everton sneak it... but I just can't see a win.
Thankfully, I'm in China now, so I can only watch the early games, so I'm only half as depressed as you guys in Sheffield. But, I'm still going to watch! See this:

I actually only tonight watched the Basham injury and nearly puked. There's no way he'll play again, I'm so sorry for him, I'm only glad he's had a full career before this happened. He'll go down as a legend at The Lane, I think.

I keep trying to think of the Bassett season, where by Christmas the 'a triangle has more points than you, jokes' were the joke of the day.. then I went to Anfield and saw us win 2-1, and things changed.

I think now, we just have to look at the Everton type games... Bournmouth at home, Luton, Burnley at home etc... and literally nothing less than a win, is now our only hope. and got to get some draw away against teams like Fulham.

theres still 90 points at stake
we played man city and got beat because Foden totally miskicked one and it fell prefectly to Roderi
wolves defended far more than we did and scraped the win as City misfired

such are the tiny margins

we will have games when we might get a break in our favour , its been a while

it’s not tiny margins though. We’ve been outplayed in most games this season, it’s men against boys. If anything, the score lines have been flattering.

it’s not tiny margins though. We’ve been outplayed in most games this season, it’s men against boys. If anything, the score lines have been flattering.
Sounds like most games between those with billion pound squads and the lesser clubs...
We came into it knowing its hard. When all our players are fit we can put up more resistance. There's a third of this division that knows its going to struggle.. Like the championship is divided by teams with and without a competitive budget....Rotherham knew it was going to be hard.Just at a different level.

We have 15 home games left to put up a fight. And possibly 6 away games to be in with a chance

Last edited:
Hi Stegosaurus here,

Might be a good thing for Hecky to quit before it reaches that point. Because ...

1 - He still has a pretty good reputation as he took us up, despite a lack of investment. So other teams will take a punt on him.
2 - If he quits now, he can still cite lack of support from the board and being forced to sell his best players, and up until Newcastle, we hadn't been playing terrible
3 - Getting the record basically killed Paul Jewell's managerial career. And let's be honest, people call him a poor manager, but up until Derby he hadn't done too bad. Promotions with Bradford and Wigan, kept Wigan up. He was fine.

Hecky breaks the record, his career as a manager is over.
Even then he'd get a job at Hillsborough under The Megalomaniac.

No wonder we’re negative we’ve been treated like dog shit.
Promotion to the Premiership should be a joyous time like it was with Harris , Bassett,Warnock and Wilder from the off this has been a car crash
This
It’s fking woeful

This
It’s fking woeful
its been a car crash because theres no way in the modern era a club can spend less than 30m and have any chance of staying in the premier league and im pretty sure the powers that be at the lane knew that before this season kicked off im critical of heckys tactics and refusing to change things and try something different but hes been completely sold down the river by our boardroom

If you Google “worst football team ever” it mainly returns PL results as the top searches.

I’m pretty keen not to end up on that list and certainly don’t want to be top of it, however if we’re gonna go down £1500 is a decent return!

If you look up worst premier league transfers Brewster tops the list on several reports.

We might as well jump to the top of the list in another category as well!

If you look up worst premier league transfers Brewster tops the list on several reports.

We might as well jump to the top of the list in another category as well!
I’ve looked at several reports he isn’t even mentioned. Equally dealing with Hecky injuries it’s an impossible task for anyone really.

But it is a very good read some names I had forgotten on those posts too.

Depressingly I cannot see where our first win comes from. Even looking at games vs Luton, Bournemouth and Burnley, I think, yeah, we'll find a way to f**k them up too. The players look totally and utterly shot of confidence after 8 games. Was it 17 games last time to get first win? What odds on breaking that record

This has to be the target, bring in whoever can get us to 12 points then try to forget about this season and move on.

🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳

Really happy we can just enjoy the rest of the season now, the pressure is off let's see what we can do!

Back
Top Bottom