'Worse United team I've seen'

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I'm already thinking about next season now. Let's get Leicester, Southampton and (dare I say it) the dirties up and with a couple of tweaks we should be in a decent position to bounce back stronger than we are now.

Off the top of my head, we've let slip 10 points by conceding late goals. Even if you knock off the two burgled from Wolves, those 8 points added on would have us on 17 points and fully in the survival discussion ( would also lead to monies being found for the JTW too?)

So clearly not the worst as we would be out of relegation places, but certainly the weakest willed, which is why we aren't.

They keep trying to tell us that the "covid" season relegation wasn't helped by no crowds. We haven't got that excuse this time around and we look set for fewer points.
That's the thing about United, there's always a pathetic excuse.
Even when we were a so called bunch of fighters, it was West Ham's fault, it was Everton's cheating fault, it was a backhander given to Hans Segers fault, it was the courts fault for sending Ched Evans to prison, it is the agents fault, it was the players fault because he said he'd sign and then went elsewhere, it is every ref in the world's fault because they all hate us. It's Covid's fault, It's the Germans fault for bombing us, It's the Germans fault for starting the war.

It's United's fault for being backward, no club that is a major club, or at least was a major club can avoid winning a single trophy for 100 years unless the planning, scouting, tactics, signings, managerial appointments and general running of the club is SHYTE absolutely 100% of the time

Whilst clearly this team is better than most teams of the last 20 years(given most of those were playing in a lower tier), I.cant ever remember a team that looked so outclassed by the competition. Even in the 20-21 season most of our numerous defeats were by 1 goal.

I appreciate Wilder has tightened it up somewhat but right now I'd settled for the 23 points we got in 20-21,.so out of place do we look :-(

This team would batter the teams we had in the league one days prior to Wilders team.

I actually think Wilders L1 team would give our current team a decent game though 🤣

I’m with you on a lot of what you say but I definitely remember feeling worse in previous relegation seasons. The infamous Tevez season felt better during the season and we were more competitive but on the day we actually got relegated I remember thinking (as we all did) that we were entering a black pit of despair as far as future success was concerned. I don’t feel that about this squad now CWAK is back. That’s part of the frustration - we can see decent players like Archer, Souza, Hamer etc but you can’t have a standing start to a top league such as this one. Added to that the Prem has become fkin awful place to be with massively over entitled fans of the ‘big’ clubs, pundits who describe teams like us as ‘stinking the place out’ just because we aren’t in the petro millions club, VAR that is systematically destroying the soul of the game and top class professional players throwing themselves about because they have intimidated the whole league into believing that they are the chosen ones.

Agree it’s a God awful season but still optimistic about next year as restoring our faith in the club, the players and the game itself
Can't fault your summing up of this season and the Prem but I knew before a ball was kicked this season what we were in for but happy we got promoted just for the financial rewards. Without the funds that came with promotion I dread to think how much worse the situation would be . No matter how many times we change the manager the situation we find our selves in will not change .

Even when we were a so called bunch of fighters, it was West Ham's fault, it was Everton's cheating fault, it was a backhander given to Hans Segers fault, it was the courts fault for sending Ched Evans to prison, it is the agents fault, it was the players fault because he said he'd sign and then went elsewhere, it is every ref in the world's fault because they all hate us. It's Covid's fault, It's the Germans fault for bombing us, It's the Germans fault for starting the war.

It's United's fault for being backward, no club that is a major club, or at least was a major club can avoid winning a single trophy for 100 years unless the planning, scouting, tactics, signings, managerial appointments and general running of the club is SHYTE absolutely 100% of the time
Always nice to get our local rivals perspective on things

Well said :(

Always nice to get our local rivals perspective on things
The truth really hurts you doesn't it.

And I could just as easily be talking about that lot as well, same shit, same excuses, same hard luck stories, same everyone's against us bollocks, same city.
Same city being the common denominator, both clubs are fucking pathetic.

Worst team I have ever seen was the one that got relegated from div 3 into div 4 back in 1980 . This team look like Madrid by comparison even though they are pretty rubbish by PL standards.

never in a million years is this the worst. its not adrian heath, bryan robson, 2010/11, david weir or nigel adkins. also Jay mceveley isnt at CB

The truth really hurts you doesn't it.

And I could just as easily be talking about that lot as well, same shit, same excuses, same hard luck stories, same everyone's against us bollocks, same city.
Same city being the common denominator, both clubs are fucking pathetic.
The truth ?
The truth is if you felt that way about supporting a football team anyone with any bollox would walk away

So you are either a simpering fanny or a pig on a blade forum taking cheap shots

I've strongly suspected the latter with you for a long time but maybe it's the former

The truth ?
The truth is if you felt that way about supporting a football team anyone with any bollox would walk away

So you are either a simpering fanny or a pig on a blade forum taking cheap shots

I've strongly suspected the latter with you for a long time but maybe it's the former
Supporting a team doesn't work like that you numpty you are more often born into it, every word he says is true we are a backward old fashioned club ( for our size and history ) always looking at blaming someone or something else for our own inadequacies.

Supporting a team doesn't work like that you numpty you are more often born into it, every word he says is true we are a backward old fashioned club ( for our size and history ) always looking at blaming someone or something else for our own inadequacies.
Heres sleeper cell number 2

Seen a few people say this.

Are you aware that we are playing in the top division? Are you aware that we're up against much better opposition than the other leagues?

'worst United team ever?' You're embarrassing yourselves
Not really mate… in terms of team spirit, cohesion and effort

The truth ?

YAY 👏🥳
# fanny watch

Some of the early Warnock teams were honking. Just eyebleedingly awful.
20/21 was at least as bad but also really dull
Adkins & Weir
Heath
Championship relegation team was the closest to embarrassing I remember

In comparison to the competition, but more importantly expectations, I'd say all those teams were worse

I wouldn't say this is the worst "team"

But in terms of where we will finish, bottom 3, it's the most predictable season.

Honestly surprised at how vexed people are at yesterday's result. A mate said "that's the most Sheff U result I've ever seen" i had to laugh. Only we could comeback then score two own goals in five minutes. That's gotta be an answer on chase one day.

Back
Top Bottom