'Worse United team I've seen'

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1) I have walked away from being a so called gullible, accept any old shit superfan
2) Never been a pig, and my message said I could just as easily be talking about them in the same way, both clubs are pathetic, and the new breed of fans of both are even more pathetic for accepting "any old shit" they are given.

When we slipped into Division Four and lost two of our first four games our so called mindless moronic and clueless fans of yesteryear demonstrated like lunatics until Keith Edwards was signed (at great expense for those days, and at absolutely massive expense considering the shit we were in).

But our barbaric, mindless, moronic fans that know fuck all about football saved the season, and probably saved the entire club from oblivion.

This shower of halfwits like you, will sit blandly by whilst the entire thing sinks into oblivion whilst trying to justify how much better you are at being a fan because you won't have a bad word said about them.

Well done, clap, clap, clap away, and enjoy it while you can
So.
You don't like the United of old (discussion re. 4th division days).
You don't like our fans, past and present (who are/were "moronic and clueless").
You don't like much of what's happened re. United in the past 40 years (including at the moment).
You don't like Sheffield very much - the council, the citizens, how things have panned out since about 1968.
This appears to be your MO for a very long time, at least on here.
Is there anything that makes you happy, just a tiny bit????

So.
You don't like our fans, past and present (who are/were "moronic and clueless").
You don't like much of what's happened re. United in the past 40 years (including at the moment).
You don't like Sheffield very much - the council, the citizens, how things have panned out since about 1968.
Yes, lots of things
And I didn't say our fans from the past were clueless and moronic, only today's fans are clueless and moronic, but carry on the tradition of joining your little gang of clappers in misreading or misinterpreting anything written by a poster you don't like the sound of

It is possible to say Sheffield is a shithole and it's people in general are thick as fucking mince, and United are a backward retarded club because it's true.
It doesn't mean I am not happy about everything else.
It's only the people that truly know this but don't want to admit it that get their knickers in a twist about it.

So.

Home brew?

Yes, lots of things
And I didn't say our fans from the past were clueless and moronic, only today's fans are clueless and moronic, but carry on the tradition of joining your little gang of clappers in misreading or misinterpreting anything written by a poster you don't like the sound of

It is possible to say Sheffield is a shithole and it's people in general are thick as fucking mince, and United are a backward retarded club because it's true.
It's only the people that truly know this but don't want to admit it that get their knickers in a twist about it.

Easy Tiger.

Fucking hell what a sad life you must lead angry surrounded by people from Sheffield. Maybe if you actually had a bit more about you, you’d have fucked off to the bright lights years ago. But no…….. that’s moronic.

Yes, lots of things

I'm no clapper, for the club or the city, but not everything is wrong and bad!

Lee Baxter
Alan Fettis
Mark Bunn
Steve Simonsen
Phil Kite
Graham Benstead
Simon Moore (close, but Wes has done more at a higher level)
Jamal Blackman
George Long
Ian Bennett
Mark Howard

There's more
But in the Premiership ?? Elite of elite ??

Wes in league one fine but Prem??

Yea he’s the worst GK we had in the top league for us ! I stand by !!!!!!

We playing in Scotland now? As for keepers, Robin Olsen or whatever his name was, was by far the worst keeper we have had as a top flight club.

That's not what you said though.

In terms of regular starters (I'm 42 so I only go back to 90/91 for top division keepers), Ramsdale's 1st half of 20/21 was just as bad as Wes this season but yes, he's behind Tracey, Kelly, Kenny and Henderson.

But he's still better than Simon Moore who played twice in 19/20 and Phil Kite who played 11 games 90-92

In terms of regular starters (I'm 42 so I only go back to 90/91 for top division keepers), Ramsdale's 1st half of 20/21 was just as bad as Wes this season but yes, he's behind Tracey, Kelly, Kenny and Henderson.

But he's still better than Simon Moore who played twice in 19/20 and Phil Kite who played 11 games 90-92

I was about to make the same point .

In the clamour to replace Wes with someone who is almost guaranteed to be significantly better , there appears to be an underlying assumption that this should be a relatively easy task .

I doubt very much that this is the case and our experience with the signing of Aaron Ramsdale is just one example which undermines this proposition . Having paid a reported £18 million to secure his services as an established PL goalkeeper , his performances in the first half of the season were often the stuff of nightmares .

Even better examples are those of Kepa at Chelsea and Onana at Man U . Both of these gentlemen cost around £60 million . The former was so pathetic in his first season that he was demoted to being third choice and the latter has been culpable of some absolute howlers which have cost them dearly.

As your comprehensive list of shit Blades keepers demonstrates , the very suggestion that Wes is our worst ever is utterly ridiculous and the behaviour of some of our so called fans towards him in recent weeks has been quite shameful .

Last edited:

And as you point out - Moor played TWICE, Kite 11 games and were shipped off..

Wes is our number 1 with 'no one' to challenge him. Considering how many games he's played, he is so inconsistent. Of late, he's getting worse with consistent silly mistakes!

Ramsdale made errors in the first half of the season when we were last in the Prem, but learned and became better!

Henderson even made the odd mistake too, but no way as often as (As one of his ex managers called him on a post match interview) League 1 Wes.

In terms of long term number 1 Goalkeepers - Wes hasn't reached the standard of what we have had previously such as Alan Kelly & Simon Tracy.

I'm not comparing Wes with number 2/3/4/5 bit part Keepers we have had in the past who made a handful of games. There's a reason they never became long term 1st team Goalkeeper and shipped the off quickly.

Wes is our number 1 with 'no one' to challenge him. Considering how many games he's played, he is so inconsistent. Of late, he's getting worse with consistent silly mistakes!

Ramsdale made errors in the first half of the season when we were last in the Prem, but learned and became better!

Henderson even made the odd mistake too, but no way as often as (As one of his ex managers called him on a post match interview) League 1 Wes.

In terms of long term number 1 Goalkeepers - Wes hasn't reached the standard of what we have had previously such as Alan Kelly & Simon Tracy.

I'm not comparing Wes with number 2/3/4/5 bit part Keepers we have had in the past who made a handful of games. There's a reason they never became long term 1st team Goalkeeper and shipped the off quickly.
Wes has played 19 games in front of an often horrific defence. One routinely giving up 20+ shots a game. For example, United faced 423 shots in 39 games in 19/20. It's 328 shots in 19 games already this season.

I've said he's definitely behind the 4 I stated. I'd argue he'd been better than Ramsdale was in 20/21 up until Boxing Day.

Who was shipped off quickly?

Wes has already faced more Shots on target than Henderson did in 36 games in 19/20

Back
Top Bottom