Wilder's refusal to use 5 subs

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Btw, what I was getting at in the O/P (obviously enough?) is Wilder's opposition to the 5 subs allowance and a possible subsequent reluctance to make use of it.

Well, that’s one way of spinning it.

O/P:-
Well done Chris, that'll show 'em. 👍
Making your point is the main thing. Results are secondary.

Last edited:

In Japanese tradition when a man sufficiently dishonoured himself he could only regain it through the ritual act of suicide, seppuku. Previous honour, however recent, was of no matter.

It's clear that failure to use all five subs, combined with four bad results, no matter the opposition, no matter the difficulties with injuries and suspensions, or the context of being our first season in the Prem with the thinnest squad, is unacceptable and there is no justification for the humiliation we've suffered.

Wilder must surely now step down, the board should recoup whatever money they can get for the broken shells of men we have at the club, and we should plummet down to League One again where we can hope for the next hero to rebuild the team. We cannot suffer his dishonourable conduct any longer lest it be a reflection on us as fans.

Or maybe he's trying to save as many legs as possible!?

In Japanese tradition when a man sufficiently dishonoured himself he could only regain it through the ritual act of suicide, seppuku. Previous honour, however recent, was of no matter.

It's clear that failure to use all five subs, combined with four bad results, no matter the opposition, no matter the difficulties with injuries and suspensions, or the context of being our first season in the Prem with the thinnest squad, is unacceptable and there is no justification for the humiliation we've suffered.

Wilder must surely now step down, the board should recoup whatever money they can get for the broken shells of men we have at the club, and we should plummet down to League One again where we can hope for the next hero to rebuild the team. We cannot suffer his dishonourable conduct any longer lest it be a reflection on us as fans.

Literally exactly what I was trying to say. Word for word.

Fleck was largely ineffective and on a booking.

His tired cross led to their winner, in a situation he would've usually carried on dribbling.

Freeman should have came on, at the very least.

Osborn surely had something to offer, and a striker who can run might have been worth a try. There was nothing to lose.

Nobody was even warming up with 10 minutes to go.

I can accept the results, and the performances, but I can't accept us not giving ourselves the best chance and Wilder's selection and use of subs recently hasn't given us the best chance.

Sorry if this makes me a very very bad S24SU Blade.

With 10 minutes to go we had used all our windows to bring a sub on so what's the point?

This is tiresome. You can criticize/disagree with what Wilder does without meaning that you don't appreciate him.

It's the whole slasher/clapper thing again, and it gets personal and labels etc. Tedious.

Further establishing this place as somewhere where a negative word may not be uttered...

With 10 minutes to go we had used all our windows to bring a sub on so what's the point?

Already acknowledged that. I'd say we should have used the last window to get 2 (maybe 3) subs on instead of 1. Probably Freeman and Mousset.

Further establishing this place as somewhere where a negative word may not be uttered...

Already acknowledged that. I'd say we should have used the last window to get 2 subs on instead of 1. Probably Freeman and Mousset.

Freeman is very unlucky, Moose just looks for excuses not to play. I think both will leave this summer.

Freeman is very unlucky, Moose just looks for excuses not to play. I think both will leave this summer.

Agree.

Don't see how we could convince Freeman and Osborn to stay. They can keep picking up their wage and go and play for someone else.

Mousset..... just don't see how he stays. He's continually overlooked. Must be a reason. It seems he's a player you might have to make allowances for as a manager. But at this stage we won't do that, and probably for the best. Too good to be true for us after all. He'll have to sign for someone who'll tolerate him, probably in France.

This is tiresome. You can criticize/disagree with what Wilder does without meaning that you don't appreciate him.

It's the whole slasher/clapper thing again, and it gets personal and labels etc. Tedious.

I've criticised our recent performances.

But when you say "Making your point is the main thing. Results are secondary." you're making the assumption that Wilder didn't make subs on principle rather than tactics, and also that he would intentionally sacrifice our place in the cup simply because of some principle about preferring the game to have three subs max.

I don't know where he got the former from and the latter is patently absurd. This thread isn't criticism, it's wild speculation based on nothing mixed with a little absurdity.

But after Arsenals second goal when the camera was on either Arteta or Wilder, can't remember which, you can clearly see Freeman and Osbourn walking back towards the dug outs. Presumably he was keeping them warmed up in case of extra time when he had at least 3 more occasions to make substitutions.

But after Arsenals second goal when the camera was on either Arteta or Wilder, can't remember which, you can clearly see Freeman and Osbourn walking back towards the dug outs. Presumably he was keeping them warmed up in case of extra time when he had at least 3 more occasions to make substitutions.

No, Ricky said it was because Wilder wanted to prove a point and we should take his posts seriously for some reason.

Bearing in mind some of the things you said about Clough, non football, you had a fair run.

Banned for saying nasty things about the club's manager? That would be a forum first wouldn't it?

Anyway, I'm confident I can stick around a while longer if I can overcome this little hurdle and never, ever say 'black'.

No, Ricky said it was because Wilder wanted to prove a point and we should take his posts seriously for some reason.
I would if he was right though, haw many games last season did we only make one or two instead of the full 3? Was that 2 fingers up to the EFL saying we'd dont need your help, fuck off with your 3 poxy subs?

Banned for saying nasty things about the club's manager? That would be a forum first wouldn't it?

Anyway, I'm confident I can stick around a while longer if I can overcome this little hurdle and never, ever say 'black'.

His mental health and sexuality. Seemingly fair game to you, as we’ve seen today.
It’s not just Rickys Life that matters whatever your mum tells you. ..

Already acknowledged that. I'd say we should have used the last window to get 2 (maybe 3) subs on instead of 1. Probably Freeman and Mousset.
Irrespective of whether CW has used subs wisely or otherwise since the restart, if you express your opinion like you did in the OP then you will get peoples backs up. You speak/write like it's the final straw with Wilder - yet another unfathomable decision in a long list. When in actual fact, he's almost at the point of being beyond reproach. Even you, later in the thread, concede that you would have "probably" gone with... which hardly underlines such a black and white call. The OP was piss-hole and you should concede it.

His mental health and sexuality. Seemingly fair game to you, as we’ve seen today.
It’s not just Rickys Life that matters whatever your mum tells you. ..

Welcome back Funny Little Sean.

Shall we do some bitching long into the night?

I think you’ve done enough don’t you.

“I’ve been reported “waaah”.

Off you trot.....

Nah, I fancy far more bitching. I want to learn from the best of the best.

Come on, let's go til 4am.... you know you want to.

Yep, I stand by that too.

McGoldrick wasn't at his most effective. Yes he scored, but I would've taken him off and given McBurnie and Mousset time together to see if something can develop there, and have some actual athleticism on the pitch. If not Mousset, then at least Zivkovic.

But I think it's obvious Mousset will be leaving. No point in him staying here. Or any quick player for that matter.

Youve not seen Zivkovic enough to comment again.

Oooooh Bitchman is on fire...!

Well done Chris, that'll show 'em. 👍

Making your point is the main thing. Results are secondary.

Good look convincing Osborn or Freeman to stick around next season.
Which change yesterday would you have done as a double?

Sharp couldn't have come on with K.Freeman. that was too early in the game to throw the kitchen sink at it.

Berge's change in the first was enforced.

If we'd made it to extra time, Mousset or Zivkovic would've come on, I'm sure

Yep, I stand by that too.

McGoldrick wasn't at his most effective. Yes he scored, but I would've taken him off and given McBurnie and Mousset time together to see if something can develop there

And then whinged if it didn’t work?
Last 30 mins of a FA cup quarter final is not the time to ‘see if things can develop’ FFS

W we’re batterin em in the 2nd , why would we change, and arguably CW was right as the players on the pitch Drew us level.

Maybe if Hendo was as slow as McG he’d have been somewhere near his line for their winner instead of row D of JS

Back
Top Bottom