Wilder's refusal to use 5 subs

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ricky

Banned
Reaction score
Well done Chris, that'll show 'em. 👍

Making your point is the main thing. Results are secondary.

Good look convincing Osborn or Freeman to stick around next season.

I'd rather he not use them than just use them for the sake of it. I'm not sure what point is trying to be made here.

Fleck was largely ineffective and on a booking.

His tired cross led to their winner, in a situation he would've usually carried on dribbling.

Freeman should have came on, at the very least.

Osborn surely had something to offer, and a striker who can run might have been worth a try. There was nothing to lose.

Nobody was even warming up with 10 minutes to go.

I can accept the results, and the performances, but I can't accept us not giving ourselves the best chance and Wilder's selection and use of subs recently hasn't given us the best chance.

Sorry if this makes me a very very bad S24SU Blade.

His tired cross led to their winner, in a situation he would've usually carried on dribbling.

Osborn surely had something to offer, and a striker who can run might have been worth a try. There was nothing to lose.

I can accept the results, and the performances, but I can't accept us not giving ourselves the best chance and Wilder's selection and use of subs recently hasn't given us the best chance.

Funny you don't mention the fact that you wanted Moose on for Didzy all through the second half and were berating Wilder for not bringing on pace. In your words "Wilder hates pace".

They're back

Babies' Cries May Predict What They Will Sound Like as Adults ...

Funny you don't mention the fact that you wanted Moose on for Didzy all through the second half and were berating Wilder for not bringing on pace. In your words "Wilder hates pace".

Yep, I stand by that too.

McGoldrick wasn't at his most effective. Yes he scored, but I would've taken him off and given McBurnie and Mousset time together to see if something can develop there, and have some actual athleticism on the pitch. If not Mousset, then at least Zivkovic.

But I think it's obvious Mousset will be leaving. No point in him staying here. Or any quick player for that matter.

They're back

Babies' Cries May Predict What They Will Sound Like as Adults ...' Cries May Predict What They Will Sound Like as Adults ...

The real man babies are those who jump straight in with the jibes on opinion threads like this in defence of their precious...

Most of these man babies also possess a 'Biggest Blade' badge.

Agree with your comments regarding Fleck being tired and CW's overall reluctance in games to use five subs bearing in mind we've just played 4 games in 12 days. Having said that he went 4-3-3 with Sharp coming on and probably felt it was best just to make one change rather than two at that stage. It worked because we got back to 1-1.

No-one could have warmed up with 10 minutes to go as he couldn't make another change in 90 minutes as we'd already made three during the game even if he wanted to. New rules are three changes, one change can be more than one player, during a game plus one at half time. The only option left was a fourth sub in extra time.

Yep, I stand by that too.

McGoldrick wasn't at his most effective. Yes he scored, but I would've taken him off and given McBurnie and Mousset time together to see if something can develop there, and have some actual athleticism on the pitch. If not Mousset, then at least Zivkovic.

But I think it's obvious Mousset will be leaving. No point in him staying here. Or any quick player for that matter.

Fair enough you stand by it, but seems you deliberately omitted it given it was clear that leaving Didz on resulted in the equalizer. It wasn't just the goal either, he linked up play excellently late on.

And given pretty much every player was camped in their half towards the end, what's the point in bringing on pace when there's little space to work with? Meanwhile DM's touch was incredibly important in keeping the possession of the ball for us.

Now, maybe Mouse or Ziv could have got us a goal, but Wilder was right in the end. So perhaps he was right to not bring on Freeman etc too?

Perhaps.... perhaps the man in charge knows better than us supporters whinging about it on a messageboard and making snippy definitive comments about us use of subs or hatred of pace. Just a thought.

Well done Chris, that'll show 'em. 👍

Making your point is the main thing. Results are secondary.

Good look convincing Osborn or Freeman to stick around next season.

We should be utilising the 5 subs more but some of his choices when he makes a sub are quite baffling.

The real man babies are those who jump straight in with the jibes on opinion threads like this in defence of their precious...

Most of these man babies also possess a 'Biggest Blade' badge.
You take jibes at the manager. Is it not a tad hypocritical that you’re now moaning about others having a bit of a go back?

It's not just this game btw, in every one so far we've not used our options fully. We've used 3 subs 3 times, and 4 subs once.

No-one could have warmed up with 10 minutes to go as he couldn't make another change in 90 minutes as we'd already made three during the game even if he wanted to. New rules are three changes, one change can be more than one player, during a game plus one at half time. The only option left was a fourth sub in extra time.

I stand corrected on that. Forgot about the early Lundstram sub.

Fair enough you stand by it, but seems you deliberately omitted it given it was clear that leaving Didz on resulted in the equalizer. It wasn't just the goal either, he linked up play excellently late on.

And given pretty much every player was camped in their half towards the end, what's the point in bringing on pace when there's little space to work with? Meanwhile DM's touch was incredibly important in keeping the possession of the ball for us.

Now, maybe Mouse or Ziv could have got us a goal, but Wilder was right in the end. So perhaps he was right to not bring on Freeman etc too?

Perhaps.... perhaps the man in charge knows better than us supporters whinging about it on a messageboard and making snippy definitive comments about us use of subs or hatred of pace. Just a thought.

Camped in their half is an exaggeration. And there doesn't need to be a shitload of space for pace and power to have an impact.

Ricky is such a mixed bag. Some great player knowledge & insight into foreign leagues, but an absolute bedwetter when it comes to us.

Any dip in form and he's slashing away.

I said in another thread I'd hate to be stuck in the trenches with some of our fanbase, I think he's the ultimate. Imagine asking him to go over the top. He'd be in foetal position, shaking on the floor with a strong smell of faeces emanating from his pants. A tiny little white flag waving above his head.

Ricky is such a mixed bag. Some great player knowledge & insight into foreign leagues, but an absolute bedwetter when it comes to us.

Any dip in form and he's slashing away.

I said in another thread I'd hate to be stuck in the trenches with some of our fanbase, I think he's the ultimate. Imagine asking him to go over the top. He'd be in foetal position, shaking on the floor with a strong smell of faeces emanating from his pants. A tiny little white flag waving above his head.

I knew you were sensitive, but not that sensitive. Wow. Sorry if I've upset you.

I can handle a dip in form, especially at this level. I find it hard to accept when we don't appear to be giving ourselves the best chance.

Takes criticism well.

Bravo Ricky

It's more than criticism really though isn't it, sugar? Way over the top and inaccurate to boot.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom