Wilders Contract

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Klaatu Barada Nikto

Reaction score
We know it's 18 months. But is that this season with an option to renew for next? Is there a break clause?

Who knows! As far as we are aware its 18 months. But with this club, probably is a "get out" clause for him.
If we are now looking and saying Wilder aint it, who comes in??

If there's a break clause that's not in our favour I would imagine Wilder will be here for next season. He sure isn't going to get a job anywhere else.

Who knows! As far as we are aware its 18 months. But with this club, probably is a "get out" clause for him.
If we are now looking and saying Wilder aint it, who comes in??
Who would want to inherit this squad ? Which manager would do any better? Would they be able to build a new team on £50 quid ? the club is shot a compete revamp from board room to the ball boys is whats needed .

There are players here that shouldn't be here next season, could Wilder get rid of Norwood, i doubt it if he has enough confidence in him to start against arsenal, and that misplaced confidence means that the shit will still be here. We need new players but look what he got in his seasons in the Premier League, this season he clearly didn't like foderingham but to get a keeper that at present looks way worse, and to get a loan like Holgate who quite clearly isn't good enough for the championship given his absence from the Southampton team, if he does sign a good player then I think there's more luck attached than good judgment. We really need a complete clear out from owner, manager and all the deadwood of players.

He's not daft, got himself another nice wedge whether he stays or is pushed.

It's all a bit of a pointless conversation anyway. The squad isn't good enough, is ageing, rock bottom on confidence and half of them are out of contract. There's no money to sign anyone else, so whoever the manager is, is on a hiding to nothing.

Wilder has certainly talked about next season, id be surprised he’d do that if there was uncertainty about him being here next season

Pretty sure he’ll be at the club next season and it would be a contract completely linked to promotion next season

Wilder has certainly talked about next season, id be surprised he’d do that if there was uncertainty about him being here next season

Pretty sure he’ll be at the club next season and it would be a contract completely linked to promotion next season

Who thinks wilder would be successful at his 4th premier league season though?

Who would want to inherit this squad ? Which manager would do any better? Would they be able to build a new team on £50 quid ? the club is shot a compete revamp from board room to the ball boys is whats needed .
'Which manager would do any better' ? Maybe one who doesn't play a slow centre half at left back against the leagues best winger? Maybe one who doesn't play a central midfielder who can't move and subs him after 15 minutes?

The end of the season can't come soon enough for everyone,the club and us, the supporters but as bad as it is, and yes it's bloody shit right now let's see what happens in the summer, two or three of the younger lads with Hamer, Souza and three or four more of the senior players is a good base for the championship with a lot out of contract gone let's wait and see who comes in, Wilder will be starting pretty much from scratch, we are still Sheffield United and good players will want to come, well I'm convinced, anyone else 🤔

Realise that Wilder has been dealt a bad hand and his support from above and infrastructure is sadly lacking but that is no excuse for his team selection, substitutions, choice of captain, signings, tactics and his increased use of Teflon in every interview to try to deflect blame.

nowt wrong with the ball boys

The real question is at one point will he push to extend his contract? I'm guessing a decent August & September and he'll be getting the quill & ink out.

I actually think Wilder with momentum after promotion is a wonderful thing to see as shown in the 19/20 season. But given the state of the squad, it needs a total overhaul and I can't see it getting back up next season.

'Which manager would do any better' ? Maybe one who doesn't play a slow centre half at left back against the leagues best winger? Maybe one who doesn't play a central midfielder who can't move and subs him after 15 minutes?

Realise that Wilder has been dealt a bad hand and his support from above and infrastructure is sadly lacking but that is no excuse for his team selection, substitutions, choice of captain, signings, tactics and his increased use of Teflon in every interview to try to deflect blame.

This clown idiot arrogant gobshite should NOT HAVE A FUTURE at #sufc
@Saudi49er
WRONG KEEPER
NO LEFT-BACK
NO ATTACK - Mcdonkey disaster
MORONIC tactics all 30 yards from our all goal inviting them to score.
No left footed midfielder - No 10 LF on right wing defending. WASTED.

100% (clown emoji)
🤡

Eight minutes into
@TSBreakfast this morning.
comments on Tierry Henry analysing Manchester Derby.
Pointed out INSANITY of all 11 back and all players 30 yards from one goal.
HE's saying 'I STAND ON HALFWAY LINE!'
It aint rocket science
FFS ITS OBVIOUS
Been saying it all season
Good striker Dias & Cameron etc
With Good speed 10 McAtee with Hamer after.

WILDER OUT before he destroys more players with insane 'tactics'

To be fair to him in last nights interviews he stressed several times that this is on him as much as the players. Personally I think these surrender performances are completely down to the players. I’ve never seen us so loaded full of individuals with absolutely no backbone or fight. The blame for how that has come to pass sits squarely with the owner.

Whilst I would consider a clean break for both parties at the end of the season, our problems run much deeper than the first team manager.

We’ve had 3 years of the last 5 in the top flight with the money that comes with it, but where is our legacy?

No new training facilities or academy, still Cat 2 with no sign of Cat 1 on the horizon. The youth coaches do an incredible job with what they have to work with but we should progressing off the pitch.

We really need a new owner with astute advisors and a proper structure in place from top to bottom. Just because we’re Sheffield United, why are we obsessed with this effort, huff and puff culture? It’s time to get a technical director or DoF, and take some of the responsiblity away from Bettis and whoever the manager is.

We don’t expect the world and don’t need a barrel of money, but we do expect some sort of plan, structure and identity.

Whether Wilder stays or goes won’t make too much difference whilst the rest of the club is completely void of direction and long term strategy.

Sudden rush? they are quality youth players. It was bizarre we let them get so close to the end of their contracts in the first place.
Off the top we've signed up Osula, Blaster, Hackford and Seriki recently, maybe there's more.
We should be signing up young players if we're confident in their future but feels they've made more of a big deal about it recently.
The jury is also out on all of them regarding quality so far.

Whilst I would consider a clean break for both parties at the end of the season, our problems run much deeper than the first team manager.

We’ve had 3 years of the last 5 in the top flight with the money that comes with it, but where is our legacy?

No new training facilities or academy, still Cat 2 with no sign of Cat 1 on the horizon. The youth coaches do an incredible job with what they have to work with but we should progressing off the pitch.

We really need a new owner with astute advisors and a proper structure in place from top to bottom. Just because we’re Sheffield United, why are we obsessed with this effort, huff and puff culture? It’s time to get a technical director or DoF, and take some of the responsiblity away from Bettis and whoever the manager is.

We don’t expect the world and don’t need a barrel of money, but we do expect some sort of plan, structure and identity.

Whether Wilder stays or goes won’t make too much difference whilst the rest of the club is completely void of direction and long term strategy.

Completely agree, the club is run like a dodgy corner shop selling single fags to schoolkids, we should be aiming for Asda but we aren't even at Aldi levels.......we can only dream of Waitrose let alone Fortnum & Mason!

The owner will only sell when he gets what he thinks is a decent price, until then we are stuck with him. We can change the moving parts though and Wilder is certainly part of the problem, not the solution...whether he is replaced with anyone who can/will make a difference time will tell but he isn't the man to start next season at the helm for me.

We know it's 18 months. But is that this season with an option to renew for next? Is there a break clause?
We may as well keep him while PA is here, hopefully we'll get a new owner soon.
That will be the time to appoint a new manager

Exactly what I've been saying, 3 years of Premier League money, 2 years of parachute payments.

I've realised that football clubs are like people, if you give quality people a load of cash they will invest it wisely and use it to improve their lives.
If you give a scruffy, heroin addicted alcoholic tramp a load of money it will be gone in a couple of years and they will stay the same or end up worse.

So, using these examples, what does it suggest United are ?

Back
Top Bottom