Wilder

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Peck needs to replace Norwood on the bench for the next game. Saw Peck warming up with the squad today so presumably close to a call up.
If the JD is run about for 20 mins, tackle anything that moves, track runners and bring energy/intensity onto the pitch - not sure on what planet Norwood ticks any of those boxes.

The fact we don't have kids in the academy that don't meet those criteria speaks volumes. Shouldn't Coulibally and Peck be better suited to doing that than Norwood????

Wilder has said numerous times he's having to make physical substitutes, players are fucked and cramping up after 70 minutes

Fulham's bench would start in our 11 that's the difference with squad depth.

• 1Rodák
  • 2Tete
  • 6Reed
  • 7Jiménez
  • 8Wilson
  • 10Cairney
  • 11Traoré
  • 13Ream
  • 14De Cordova-Reid
You say all that but there have been occasions this season when we have had £60m worth of players sat on our bench. Other better squads make better use of their young squad players and use them to bring fresh legs and energy. Wilder’s go to sub is Norwood and it’s a huge mistake in any game now that.

I can't agree, everyone and his dog knows that Norwood can't defend, except Wilder apparently.

Literally the first time Norwood was called upon to do so, his embarrassingly inept attempt at a tackle led to Fulham scoring. It's as predictable as the sunrise.

It's hard to see how an out-of-position but mobile Brooks would have been worse.
The midfielder with the most tackles in the championship last season or a winger? Hmmm.

It didn't work. Norwood fucked it up, but there's no crystal ball available unfortunately

The midfielder with the most tackles in the championship last season or a winger? Hmmm.

It didn't work. Norwood fucked it up, but there's no crystal ball available unfortunately
You don’t need a crystal ball you just need eyes. Norwood is done at the top 2 levels for sure and probably as a pro. Legs have gone and sadly you don’t win football games by pointing

You say all that but there have been occasions this season when we have had £60m worth of players sat on our bench. Other better squads make better use of their young squad players and use them to bring fresh legs and energy. Wilder’s go to sub is Norwood and it’s a huge mistake in any game now that.
I agree Rudders, I was saying a club like Fulham have a full bench we'd have in our starting 11 so it shows the difference even with a club like them.

I agree Rudders, I was saying a club like Fulham have a full bench we'd have in our starting 11 so it shows the difference even with a club like them.
Yep our starting xi is decent but our squad is banter - just imagine how we might have got on if we hadn’t sold our 2 best players!

Said it on another thread, surely what we need in the last 20 mins to close out games are players who will run round like harbour sharks chasing, tackling, hustling anything that moves. The complete antithesis of Norwood.

Surely it not beyond the wit of man to get a Coulibally, Peck etc able to do that. To blindly just use Norwood in that role is ridiculous...

Sadly for some strange reason, Chris Wilder is trying to wreck Ollie Norwood’s legacy with this club. Bringing on Norwood is like the football equivalent of putting Bromide in your tea.

Sadly for some strange reason, Chris Wilder is trying to wreck Ollie Norwood’s legacy with this club. Bringing on Norwood is like the football equivalent of putting Bromide in your tea.

Norwood was pretty much finished towards the end of last season. There’s been no swansong, yet some see him in the role for next year.

Sorry. Should have said actual football managers or names you can spell correctly.

Heckingbottom was sold short this season by the people who control the budget and definitely did well last season, but he is not a patch on Wilder.
Ah, the old, picking up on a typo to try to claim the morale high ground once your argument has been mocked and ridiculed for the utter horse shit that it is! You keep going buttercup....

Why is it only our players who get cramp?

It's fucking March and our players still can't finish a game...
Our gameplay revolves around having 20-30% of the ball. We make way fewer passes than almost any other team. This all means that we are not in control of the game and although they don't have to run as far as some teams in the PL (playing in one half of the pitch will do that) I'd imagine that our players change velocity and direction more than any other side.

The whole setup is wrong. Top to bottom. I'm not surprised that some more recent recruits are giving up.

Our gameplay revolves around having 20-30% of the ball. We make way fewer passes than almost any other team. This all means that we are not in control of the game and although they don't have to run as far as some teams in the PL (playing in one half of the pitch will do that) I'd imagine that our players change velocity and direction more than any other side.

The whole setup is wrong. Top to bottom. I'm not surprised that some more recent recruits are giving up.
Don't disagree with any of that, and I'd want to see the stats, but i just don't think we run any further than other teams. In terms of 'hard runs' i don't see most of our team sprinting any more than the opposition. For me it's more we're just operating in different physical sphere to teams at the elite level. We're a Beta max in a digital steaming world....

It's not like CW to throw players under the bus
To be fair the kid wants to represent Brazil and thinks his team mates are the problem. I’d never play him again for me!

Calling him a shit house now that would be throwing him under the bus!

Back
Top Bottom