Wilder to Dingles

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

FallowfieldBlade

The Names Blade Fallowfield Blade
Reaction score
How the mighty have fallen

I bet he regrets quitting because the prince said we were only gonna sign loan players this summer

What hope do English managers have if the best job wilder can get is a team of the dingles size rock bottom of the championship

Not surprised in the slightest, and to be honest he's lucky to even get that job.

That's not because he's not a good manager, but because of his poor behaviour when he was with us last season which has caused reputational damage to him in footballing circles.

Everyone makes mistakes, no shame in that, I hope he's learned from them and wish him (though not Barnsley) well.

How the mighty have fallen

I bet he regrets quitting because the prince said we were only gonna sign loan players this summer

What hope do English managers have if the best job wilder can get is a team of the dingles size rock bottom of the championship

Don’t forget to check that the back door is left unlocked Chris….

• Banned
Not surprised in the slightest, and to be honest he's lucky to even get that job.

That's not because he's not a good manager, but because of his poor behaviour when he was with us last season which has caused reputational damage to him in footballing circles.

I think CW didn't cover his self in glory and he must have thought his body of work would get him a similar job as to where we were

It should BTW as there are very few managers as good as CW and who have done anything close to what he has done

I think if CW could go back to this time last year he would change the way he acted and would have rather have stayed

Now CW has f@cked his self over and ended up at a team rock bottom of the champ with no money and no fans and were not in a much better position with players CW signed

If this is true then that is a massive fall from grace for him. Just a pity he's going to a club without much money so he can't sign back some of the players he's left us with.

Combined owners of Barnsley is 9 billion quid.

They could change their current model for the right guy I guess but doesn't seem a good fit considering how they have been run under their owners.

"Wilder set to be named Barnsley boss" - it's S*n click-bait! All the article says is that he's on their list of potential targets. I'll admit, I did bite.

Also, Barnsley haven't been called 'The Tykes' for years now. Lazy journalism.

FFS - what have Barnsley done to deserve that?

Hired Wilder, apparently. Now they can get all bone hard at Norwood artfully backlifting a pass to Stevens whilst he gets pressed backwards, watch McBurnie alehouse his way through half a match, cheer on Brewster as he stands clueless somewhere around the opposition back line and smack their foreheads as C3PO's silver leg falls off with a clang and they go 2-0 down in the first 15.

Don't mention Mousset. Maybe he'll do a half, maybe not.

Wilder will just blame the fans

pommpey

Last edited:
He's rich. He has no interest in managing at a club where he doesn't have full control. The top flight is unlikely. He has a newish house. I suspect he might be quite happy to manage another local team at a championship or below level.

I thought he was tipped to be Cardiff manager?

Maybe things are starting to unravel and eventually we will see Wilder and his 'poor behaviour' wasnt exactly accurate. See how things go over the next few years with the Prince.

Yep, completely agree.

Good move for both parties if it happens (though i see its only speculation based on bookies odds). Did a cracking job for us, spoke his mind with what he saw needed doing for the benefit of the club and to take us forward (which still haven't been addressed and facilities getting worse). Barnsley might be a good fit for him as well.

Don't think he fits their model of football coach with others controlling signings and contracts etc. Not high profile enough either.

He was 'set to be appointed' by Cardiff the other day. Guess he didn't fancy moving house.

Back
Top Bottom