CONFIRMED Wilder signs new deal

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

"McCabe and Prince Abdullah privately briefed Wilder on their respective takeover bids within hours of the meeting taking place".

Well if he has signed thats killed off the conspiracy theories that CW will walk if the Prince wins the takeover.

Stock press " Journalist at View from John Street starts new career as dustbin man". :D

Perhaps having listened to the "evidence" CW is of the opinion, HRH aint got a prayer and KM will retain full ownership?

Or both of them have wealthy backers waiting to invest so CW aint too bothered who takes over the ship, especially if HRH gives his assurance that the Wynkel won't be let anywhere near player recruitment

Either way, if CW is happy, then I'm happy :)

giphy.gif

So by the sounds of it he’s done exactly what Warnock did in May 2005 to pressure the board to loosen the purse strings and actually allow him to invest in a promotion-fighting squad, only Warnock didn’t get a new contract alongside it? One of the two is considered by some a contract-obsessed self-serving shyster, while the guy that’s negotiated a new deal every year he’s been here despite it being nowhere near expiry doesn’t attract even a hint of criticism on also wanting to get himself a good deal.

For the record, I’m delighted Wilder is staying. But I dislike double-standards.

So by the sounds of it he’s done exactly what Warnock did in May 2005 to pressure the board to loosen the purse strings and actually allow him to invest in a promotion-fighting squad, only Warnock didn’t get a new contract alongside it? One of the two is considered by some a contract-obsessed self-serving shyster, while the guy that’s negotiated a new deal every year he’s been here despite it being nowhere near expiry doesn’t attract even a hint of criticism on also wanting to get himself a good deal.

For the record, I’m delighted Wilder is staying. But I dislike double-standards.

When Wilder does it mid season then you can call people out on double standards. Whilstever he does it in the relative quiet time of off season (and in this case right at the start of the off season) then its a world of difference.

Just wait til Tufty spends half his budget on Jordan Rhodes :D

Must admit, I'm more than a little puzzled by the standards that are applied to footballers and football managers. I can't, in any reasonable fashion, begin to understand why the suggestion of hypocrisy raises it's head simply because someone wishes to give themselves and those they work with a better chance of improving themselves. Would these same supporters prefer a passive attitude from Wilder? Would they prefer that Wilder keeps quiet during the summer and meekly accept whatever the owners presented him with?

Opportunities to improve and better yourself don't happen that often, and if it requires specific negotiating skills, I for one will have no problem if others cry, "Hypocrisy".
Life is tough, so football is no different, and why should knowledgeable employees stand by quietly while those meant to govern act as if they know absolutely nothing, and in the process get things spectacularly wrong. I'm not suggesting reckless spending, but as appears to be the case, Wilder has managed to create a situation where his summer budget is increased, allowing him a chance to buy the type of player(s) we're desperately in need of. The fact that this budget was increased suggests that the money was there all the time. So why did it come to this? Why did it take a public display of concern to bring the owners to the point where they are prepared to increase Wilder's budget?

When Wilder does it mid season then you can call people out on double standards. Whilstever he does it in the relative quiet time of off season (and in this case right at the start of the off season) then its a world of difference.

The example I’m talking about is when both publicly called the board out on the need for extra investment. Warnock after the infamous Millwall game that ended the season, Wilder prior to the end of the season. Warnock with one year left on his existing deal (with an option to extend), Wilder having 2 full years left to run on his existing deal.

Must admit, I'm more than a little puzzled by the standards that are applied to footballers and football managers. I can't, in any reasonable fashion, begin to understand why the suggestion of hypocrisy raises it's head simply because someone wishes to give themselves and those they work with a better chance of improving themselves. Would these same supporters prefer a passive attitude from Wilder? Would they prefer that Wilder keeps quiet during the summer and meekly accept whatever the owners presented him with?

Opportunities to improve and better yourself don't happen that often, and if it requires specific negotiating skills, I for one will have no problem if others cry, "Hypocrisy".
Life is tough, so football is no different, and why should knowledgeable employees stand by quietly while those meant to govern act as if they know absolutely nothing, and in the process get things spectacularly wrong. I'm not suggesting reckless spending, but as appears to be the case, Wilder has managed to create a situation where his summer budget is increased, allowing him a chance to buy the type of player(s) we're desperately in need of. The fact that this budget was increased suggests that the money was there all the time. So why did it come to this? Why did it take a public display of concern to bring the owners to the point where they are prepared to increase Wilder's budget?

"Post hoc ergo propter hoc". We will never know what would've happened if fans had just sat patiently by. Quite possibly we would've had exactly the same outcome.

"Post hoc ergo propter hoc". We will never know what would've happened if fans had just sat patiently by. Quite possibly we would've had exactly the same outcome.

Although I won't discount or minimise the effect fan's discontent can have on this type of outcome, I suspect it's more likely the game of brinkmanship that Wilder was prepared to indulge in that would have swayed this resulting in a positive finale.

Wherever you set your parameters for "middle ranking" that means 12th best then.

If you take the clubs who finished 9th-16th we finished near the top of that mini-league and the pigs near the bottom. To put it another way we must be upper middle ranking already.

Don't get your hopes up folks, there's always a catch in it where United are concerned.

Although I won't discount or minimise the effect fan's discontent can have on this type of outcome, I suspect it's more likely the game of brinkmanship that Wilder was prepared to indulge in that would have swayed this resulting in a positive finale.

Which fan?
;)
The prospect of Wilder leaving, maybe, though I think the outcome (budget agreed, Wilder happy to stay) would have been the same without the shenanigans, but the fans making a noise at this stage? I doubt it. They would both have known that Wilder leaving would have created a storm of protest, I don't think anyone needed to point that out to them. Not even Wilder, who could easily have expressed his concern with a couple of private phone calls.

I have yet to read anywhere that Wilder has signed a new contract. Be a lot of egg on a lot of faces if he decides not to.
"A lot"... really? So if he doesn't leave to go to Sunderland (or WBA), the amount of egg landing on dozens and dozens of posters is going to be what? .... planet sized?

Which fan?
;)
The prospect of Wilder leaving, maybe, though I think the outcome (budget agreed, Wilder happy to stay) would have been the same without the shenanigans, but the fans making a noise at this stage? I doubt it. They would both have known that Wilder leaving would have created a storm of protest, I don't think anyone needed to point that out to them. Not even Wilder, who could easily have expressed his concern with a couple of private phone calls.

My point was in reply to PokerBlade 's post. Personally I doubt it would have effected matters one way or the other.

As for Wilder's intentions, I've no idea what they might have been so I won't act as someone who knows what motivated him. For what it takes, I feel that CW may be fed up with the lack of clarity emanating from the owners, as this will impact on his ability to plan, as well as understanding if he'll have the necessary resources to compete at the highest level of the Championship.

"A lot"... really? So if he doesn't leave to go to Sunderland (or WBA), the amount of egg landing on dozens and dozens of posters is going to be what? .... planet sized?
You tell me ? A few days ago all those wailing he was going are now jumping for joy because of a rumour he might be staying, a crazy world isn't it.

If he signs... fair enough he’s exploited a situation that benefits him a little... but it also potentially benefits the team and therefore us as fans... it’s Win Win! Next season could be epic! UTB!

Back
Top Bottom