Wilder out

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

"We'll take a decision over the weekend - I'm not sure he's getting maximum protection from his teammates but goals are going in too easily".
Very much sounded like he realises that Gbric is not good enough.
If it’s taken til now for him to realise then he’s either inept or a liar.

Wes isn’t great but he’s a 100% improvement on this clown.

Genuine question do you really think that the PA spent 2 m on this goalie

What are you asking exactly? If the question is did he cost 2m, my answer is I have no idea. It was probably a package that could potentially reach that figure if certain criteria were met. That's generarlly the way now. If you're asking who was responsible for the choice of keeper, I feel it was more a UW choice than a Wilder/Mitchell/Knill/Lester etc choice. We have had a 'technical board' under the sole ownership so no final decision is made by one person, unless something has now changed. It's essentially a vote. That isn't guess work, it was revealed at the fan forum the last time Wilder was manager. Whether the people on that technical board/transfer committee are good enough is another question entirely. Especially the non football staff and non Sheffield based UW representatives who seemingly have no track record of success at the other UW clubs.

I thought about whether we’d be better off sacking Wilder at the end of the season quite a lot last night.

To be honest if we had a better ownership & scouting system then I’d say yes, we’re probably better off having a fresh start in the summer.

I believe that Hecky had a limited amount of control of who we signed this season and I think a lot of the signings were United World recommendations based on database scouting. My worry is if you don’t get the right person in charge then United World would be doing the scouting & signing again in the summer.

When Slav came in he didnt want to get involved in the transfers, he wanted to play a system and he wanted the scouting team to bring in players for that system, it didn’t work.

Hecky took it back to basics and went back to the system that was tried & tested which immediately worked.

The reason I think you’re better off sticking with Wilder is because he knows how to bargain sign based on a shoestring budget & by the time the owners found/ interviewed & hired a new man it would probably be August going off previous form.

One thing I will say is if Wilder doesn’t get it going in the first 10-15 games he’ll have to go. I don’t think our expectations are high for next season, the disaster of this season has removed any expectation. But we want to see the team defensively strong again and showing a bit going forward.

I can’t stand watching this current group of players, they’re everything that United isn’t. Let’s get our identity back at least.

These make you laugh. 3/4 of squad injured, a bench full of injured players. One nutcase has been ranting about the £100 M Jan Van Winkle DOF had 5 years ago to buy Chris some Prem quality players. Chris asked for Cash, Maupay, Watkins & got none of them! But we still finished 9th ! The vile Abdullah will get £118.8 Million just TV money next month if we finish bottom. He's had this gravy train for the last 5 years going into his United World bank account in Geneva Switzerland. The problem is a pittance will come back to SUFC. I can't understand why the gobby knows nowts don't know about this. Don't they do their research? Why are they so tolerant of an owner who is financially shafting the Blades? But blame managers when it's obvious to intelligent fans the manager is on a hiding to nothing.
JvW wasn’t DoF, had he been, or had CW looked at his recommendations we’d definitely be in a much better position now, if only financially from the fees received!

i was extremely peed off as our attacking players deserves more but i think wilder out is the least of our problems. but for me its a mentality issue. we are kings of self sabotage. we seem to play so well & to have just have moments of madness just to throw the game away
  • 2-0 up v Bournemouth fell apart
  • fulham 3-1 up gave opposition a free goal,
  • more than matched chelsea nobody bothered to mark someone at a corner.
  • 2-1 up on luton, didnt bothered to get near barkley & give him the freedom of the 6yd box

players have to take responsibility he can do so much once they cross that white line. theres only so many times you can tell souza to track back when he cant be arsed. he has to use trusty as robbo & egan are injured. & yesterday was a tale of goalkeepers 1 that was fantastic pulling off some cracking saves & 1 where grbic grbic cant save a shot to save his life. with 2 murics we win that match

His heart wasn't in it. He's a Blade through & through. Also Abdullah put out feelers about other professional managers & was told no one will come to SUFC while he is the owner. Everyone knows he's shafting us except for a small minority of our fans
Are you joking? Seems like a significant majority on this board. The tide will change though.

He’s publicly stated that he can’t afford to run the club himself so not sure this would bother him in the slightest.
Not what i heard when his embarrassing arab owners of clubs in this country embarrassed him into coughing up cash

His heart wasn't in it. He's a Blade through & through. Also Abdullah put out feelers about other professional managers & was told no one will come to SUFC while he is the owner. Everyone knows he's shafting us except for a small minority of our fans
Telling me we couldn’t attract any manager other than wilder? Don’t believe that- we’re a premier league club (for a month or two).

Telling me we couldn’t attract any manager other than wilder? Don’t believe that- we’re a premier league club (for a month or two).
Premier League Club? I don't think so,we're a mid-table Championship standard club in the Premiership,lacking in all aspects of how to run a club,organisation,foresight ,planning e.t.c.,hence the brown stuff we're suffering now,I'm afraid.The repercussions of this season will be with us for a long while.

What are you asking exactly? If the question is did he cost 2m, my answer is I have no idea. It was probably a package that could potentially reach that figure if certain criteria were met. That's generarlly the way now. If you're asking who was responsible for the choice of keeper, I feel it was more a UW choice than a Wilder/Mitchell/Knill/Lester etc choice. We have had a 'technical board' under the sole ownership so no final decision is made by one person, unless something has now changed. It's essentially a vote. That isn't guess work, it was revealed at the fan forum the last time Wilder was manager. Whether the people on that technical board/transfer committee are good enough is another question entirely. Especially the non football staff and non Sheffield based UW representatives who seemingly have no track record of success at the other UW clubs.
Clueless

£9m, £10m,£27m?
Here we go again! Return of the Prince’s number one supporter.

.... add to that, he picked a front 3 today who won't be here next season, then chose to bring on a 4th who also won't be here next season.

Say what you like about Osula and Brooks, but we know they'll be playing next season, so why the fuck don't you pick them???
Yesterday was our last throw of the dice. I expect he will stop playing them now.

Not good enough. No chance we compete next season under him. Rebuild needed.
Didn’t want him back to start with. Blokes a busted flush who’s next job is lower league one and he knows it.

Imagine having the bloke that publicly threw the players, owner and everyone but himself under the bus. Absolute whopper.

Clueless

Here we go again! Return of the Prince’s number one supporter.
No, just not obsessed with the man like you. Mind you, if he’d had me fired, l might have had the breakdown and hallucinations you’ve had. Doubt it though.

Premier League Club? I don't think so,we're a mid-table Championship standard club in the Premiership,lacking in all aspects of how to run a club,organisation,foresight ,planning e.t.c.,hence the brown stuff we're suffering now,I'm afraid.The repercussions of this season will be with us for a long while.
I meant that we’re a club in the premier league and there will have been plenty of other suitors than wilder.

I thought about whether we’d be better off sacking Wilder at the end of the season quite a lot last night.

To be honest if we had a better ownership & scouting system then I’d say yes, we’re probably better off having a fresh start in the summer.

I believe that Hecky had a limited amount of control of who we signed this season and I think a lot of the signings were United World recommendations based on database scouting. My worry is if you don’t get the right person in charge then United World would be doing the scouting & signing again in the summer.

When Slav came in he didnt want to get involved in the transfers, he wanted to play a system and he wanted the scouting team to bring in players for that system, it didn’t work.

Hecky took it back to basics and went back to the system that was tried & tested which immediately worked.

The reason I think you’re better off sticking with Wilder is because he knows how to bargain sign based on a shoestring budget & by the time the owners found/ interviewed & hired a new man it would probably be August going off previous form.

One thing I will say is if Wilder doesn’t get it going in the first 10-15 games he’ll have to go. I don’t think our expectations are high for next season, the disaster of this season has removed any expectation. But we want to see the team defensively strong again and showing a bit going forward.

I can’t stand watching this current group of players, they’re everything that United isn’t. Let’s get our identity back at least.
I agree with the bulk of that. The 10-15 game bit is the bit I'd question. If the expectations are minimal why would they change? Fan expectation/pressure? I was optimistic about the recruitment after Anel. I knew the Lester link but ther was enough to cross your fingers and hope. Since then my optimism has gone that we have the wherewithal to outperform our financial power in the transfer market.

Last edited:
No, just not obsessed with the man like you. Mind you, if he’d had me fired, l might have had the breakdown and hallucinations you’ve had. Doubt it though.
Wrong, i have never been employed by him. You once accused me of being Wilder or his friend too and you are wrong. You need to knock it off saying who i am defending and starting thinking about what you are defending.

I don’t care who is claiming to be itk or have real facts….. the reality is

• after 3 years in the Premier League in the last 5 - right now we having nothing to show for it. Infact we are likely to have a much weaker squad than the end of the 2018/19 promotion season.
  • The Prince has brought this proud club into disrepute by allowing us to end up with a 2pts penalty after having defaulted on payments of circa £8.5 million to other clubs over an 18 month period.
  • The Prince took all our hard earned season ticket money & then pulled the rug from under our whole season in allowing Berge & Ndiaye to be sold within 1 week of the season starting.
  • The Prince has also encouraged this ludicrous strategy of allowing senior players contracts to run down to there last year on the basis that he thinks players play better in the last year of their contracts.

We can all blame Hecky, Wilder & Slav to varying degrees - but the fact is that the financial status and running of this club and the setting of sensible budgets is 100% the responsibility of the Prince. No one else.?

Until he sells NO manager would want to come in and take this poisoned chalice. He simply cannot afford to run this club & needs to cut his losses & leave asap.

I am completely at a loss how anyone can defend him.

I meant that we’re a club in the premier league and there will have been plenty of other suitors than wilder.
Jimmy,I don't know,is it such an attractive deal for any prospective buyer?Finance wise and playing staff wise,who knows,we shall see.As regards Wilder,I don't think he'd quit,don't think he'd be sacked,not for a good while yet.

The Prince has brought this proud club into disrepute by ;- Taking us out of the 3rd div where we had been for years and twice, getting us into the Prem league.

Wrong, i have never been employed by him. You once accused me of being Wilder or his friend too and you are wrong. You need to knock it off saying who i am defending and starting thinking about what you are defending.
Him? Mmm. Link to me saying you were Wilder or his friend? Can’t remember saying that. Always suggested your link was with a club departed person moved on because he couldnt keep his mouth shut.

Jimmy,I don't know,is it such an attractive deal for any prospective buyer?Finance wise and playing staff wise,who knows,we shall see.As regards Wilder,I don't think he'd quit,don't think he'd be sacked,not for a good while yet.
This is a wilder thread. I was questioning the prince’s decision to bring him back… not talking about prospective buyers.

The Prince has brought this proud club into disrepute by ;- Taking us out of the 3rd div where we had been for years and twice, getting us into the Prem league.
That was wilder and his staff. Hardly backed him before premier league did he?

Back
Top Bottom