Wilder out

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Not good enough. No chance we compete next season under him. Rebuild needed.
Now? Who comes in for 5 games? Or end of season. Then who? What is going to attract a decent or even up and coming manager to a club with players out of contract and being run into the ground. Be very careful what you wish for.

Doesn’t actually seem like he’s here. Feels like a caretaker role.

Can’t believe the most successful period of my blades life feels like some halfway house, half arsed limbo situation. Like a period of transition that had stalled and is now just trans

I don‘t Imagine Wilder is a fan of Trans

Had a bad week wife in hospital and only a few hours sleep. The least I expected from today was to see some passion and desire. We destroyed Burnley last season playing 3-5-2, pressurising a bomb scare keeper and being strong on set pieces. The formation restricted their wingers.

Just can't fathom why the manager chose to play a back four with two players at full back that are poor at tracking runners. Why didn't we start with Holgate in a 3 at the back enabling Bogle and Osborn to play their more natural wing back roles. At half time the opportunity was there to change it. They were weak at the back but we just let them continue to walk through us in the middle. 3 of the 4 goals came down the left side but nothing was done to address this.

Souza for Archer just left more holes and it was a stroll for Burnley in the end. It took 62 minutes for someone to stand on Muric from a corner. It was little Ben and Muric completely missed the ball. He also passed the ball straight to BBD. Opportunities were there for the taking if more pressure had been put on him. Yes we didn't have JLT's long throws but we were so passive when it came to applying pressure.

Muric made a really good save from Mcatee and a few regulation saves down at his near post but it was far from a worldy performance. Gribic has to be taken out of the firing line even if it means one of Amissah or Faxon are given a game. The rest of the team have lost confidence in him.

Its this continual tactical ineptitude and formation tinkering that calls into question whether CW is the right person to take us forward. We are on course to exceed 100 goals conceded in a season making us one of the worst EPL teams in living memory with no sign of the floodgates being closed. This damning statistic can not be ignored and provides little evidence that we will be in a position to turn it around and go for promotion next season.

It's futile as both the Prince and Wilder will both be here next season but I'm at the point now where a clean out from top to bottom is needed.

Fresh ideas and fresh impetus.

However, I want doesn't get.

Grbic reminds me of the McEvely and Nosworthy teams, where they were diabolical every single match but they kept getting picked.

Wilder's team selections, formations and tactics have been inconsistent and baffling since he returned and he has overseen some of the worst and most embarrassing home losses in our history.

If we are going to rebuild from the bottom and start over next season, then let Wilder go in the summer. He's a washed up stubborn dinosaur, devoid of any original ideas and badly out of toucb with the modern game.

His crap signings last time round are half the reason the squad has been a mess ever since, and part of the reason we're financially f***ed as we couldn't offload any of the useless b**tards for a decent return.
His crap signings were down to the owner and was the start of the fallout first time round. Wilder wanted Watkins and we ended up with Brewster for a small difference in cost. There are many more examples of that. The owner is to blame, not the manager who got us to 9th in the Premier League

Had a bad week wife in hospital and only a few hours sleep. The least I expected from today was to see some passion and desire. We destroyed Burnley last season playing 3-5-2, pressurising a bomb scare keeper and being strong on set pieces. The formation restricted their wingers.

Just can't fathom why the manager chose to play a back four with two players at full back that are poor at tracking runners. Why didn't we start with Holgate in a 3 at the back enabling Bogle and Osborn to play their more natural wing back roles. At half time the opportunity was there to change it. They were weak at the back but we just let them continue to walk through us in the middle. 3 of the 4 goals came down the left side but nothing was done to address this.

Souza for Archer just left more holes and it was a stroll for Burnley in the end. It took 62 minutes for someone to stand on Muric from a corner. It was little Ben and Muric completely missed the ball. He also passed the ball straight to BBD. Opportunities were there for the taking if more pressure had been put on him. Yes we didn't have JLT's long throws but we were so passive when it came to applying pressure.

Muric made a really good save from Mcatee and a few regulation saves down at his near post but it was far from a worldy performance. Gribic has to be taken out of the firing line even if it means one of Amissah or Faxon are given a game. The rest of the team have lost confidence in him.

Its this continual tactical ineptitude and formation tinkering that calls into question whether CW is the right person to take us forward. We are on course to exceed 100 goals conceded in a season making us one of the worst EPL teams in living memory with no sign of the floodgates being closed. This damning statistic can not be ignored and provides little evidence that we will be in a position to turn it around and go for promotion next season.
Holgate was carrying a knock hence a 4 basically 4 defenders who aren’t out and out defenders
You can’t account for Anals clearing header from our corner
Player for player we are poor technically athletically and physically definitely the worst group of players since Adkins and at a much higher level
Not to worry hundred goals coming up shortly

He's making it very difficult for himself to retain sufficient support for next season

All he had to do was avoid a day like today, after the recent improvement

But no. Yet another collapse

It's a terrible reflection on all involved

We're in an awkward position

I still want him to stay but every time this happens, it's hard not to see it ending in tears

His crap signings were down to the owner and was the start of the fallout first time round. Wilder wanted Watkins and we ended up with Brewster for a small difference in cost. There are many more examples of that. The owner is to blame, not the manager who got us to 9th in the Premier League
Henderson - Loan
Jagielka
Rodwell
Morrison
Freeman
Osborn
McBurnie
Besic - Loan
C Robinson
J Robinson
Mousset
Verrips
Berge
Retsos - Loan
Zivkovic - Loan

I'm failing to see how this list of largely total flops and wastes of money were the Prince's doing and not Wilders? How many of these did we make a profit or any money on?

That's before the next season of signing utter flops who have nearly all left for a loss or no fee, are about to run out of contract and will leave for free, or are still here because they are permanently injured, hampering any chance of moving them on for a fee.

As far as I'm aware the Prince was only involved with Berge and Brewster.

Wilder has had a massive contribution to the mess this football team is in, both on the pitch and financially, through the utter shite he signed over two season in the Premier League, the damage done meaning that Slav and Hecky had nothing to play with in the following seasons and we ended up in debt with a transfer embargo and now two points docked.

Both the Prince and Wilder are at fault.

Grbic reminds me of the McEvely and Nosworthy teams, where they were diabolical every single match but they kept getting picked.

Wilder's team selections, formations and tactics have been inconsistent and baffling since he returned and he has overseen some of the worst and most embarrassing home losses in our history.

If we are going to rebuild from the bottom and start over next season, then let Wilder go in the summer. He's a washed up stubborn dinosaur, devoid of any original ideas and badly out of toucb with the modern game.

His crap signings last time round are half the reason the squad has been a mess ever since, and part of the reason we're financially f***ed as we couldn't offload any of the useless b**tards for a decent return.
At last some fucking sense 👍

United World are to blame. They have no record of recruitment success at multiple clubs. All the fans hate the recruitment at all the clubs. It's a consisten, undeniable pattern.The only success we've had at United over the last 20 years re recruitment is Wilder/Knill/Mitchell pre Premier League. Wilder is here as the cheque book has vanished. They want him to start pulling gold from his ass again. An extremely difficult thing to do. Grbic looks like another UW comedy gem. The issue is not only Wilder's potential inability to repeat his Paul Daniels period (at multiple clubs btw), but the possibility that he's been neutered by UW. His tone is one of somebody that no longer has the bottle to manage upstairs or drive decisions like he did throughout his last period. It smells a bit like the puppet Wilder period to me.
Grbic is a UW signing. Our model is sell to buy. With Wes finished Grbic is here like all the other permanent players: to be shop windowed. The irony is that he's that bad he's losing value with each game he plays.

Last edited:
I’d snatch you hand off to have Hecky back for next season.
Never should have been sacked.
It should have been McDonkey and the defensive coach out the door.We went from best defence to kin shambles.
And the chief scout who recommended McDonkey #BunterBrewster Vini and FFS Igor who would be more at home assisting #Frankenstein still. Literally horrific most games. Only one gone but good players wasted.
Diaz and McAteer looked dangerous attacking but spent more time at left back and right back.
Total waste by a cretin.
Yet again this game was lost by #WankerWilder - not the players or even the Prince.
I predicted what would happen on match thread. It was obvious to anyone who knows football with that team.
Incidentally Holgate and Larouci played as well as they have done last week for those who did not watch live or since.

Boys and girls it a shit show top to bottom . To polish this turd it starts at the top and work down
1. New owner
2. Progressive young manager
3. Decent goalkeeper
4. Intergrated defence
5. Cat 1 academy

Trust me it will work keep the faith .
Note : Prince fuck off to get the ball rolling
⚔️⚔️⚔️

His signings that summer didn't get us to 9th. His signings from the previous 3 seasons did and that was half the problem.

He has had his time he should go,he gets out thought by the opposition manager every game,this will become a theme in the Championship.......it will all become very Mickey Adams.

I wanna German.

Now? Who comes in for 5 games? Or end of season. Then who? What is going to attract a decent or even up and coming manager to a club with players out of contract and being run into the ground. Be very careful what you wish for.
I’d give it to Keith Andrews for the last 5 games and start the search now.

I'm now of the opinion only a clean slate would benefit us now

WIlders baggage is dragging us further into the mire...thanks for the early memories Chris . But fresh inspiration must be the plan

The team spirit today was notable by its absence....the I can't be arsed attitude of some of the players is rubbing off onto fans

Fresh slate I’m ok with in regard to a manager - but 100% any new manager will get absolutely nowhere unless we get a new owner!

Watched some of the best seasons as a blade under wilder but he's completely lost it and has to go... Tactics were none existent today, we let berge just run the game, nobody got near him, stood in 15 yards of space most of the time. His signings have been terrible.He's had about 20 games now and we're getting worse.

Needs a fresh start

Never should have been sacked.
It should have been McDonkey and the defensive coach out the door.We went from best defence to kin shambles.
And the chief scout who recommended McDonkey #BunterBrewster Vini and FFS Igor who would be more at home assisting #Frankenstein still. Literally horrific most games. Only one gone but good players wasted.
Diaz and McAteer looked dangerous attacking but spent more time at left back and right back.
Total waste by a cretin.
Yet again this game was lost by #WankerWilder - not the players or even the Prince.
I predicted what would happen on match thread. It was obvious to anyone who knows football with that team.
Incidentally Holgate and Larouci played as well as they have done last week for those who did not watch live or since.
Funny you should come to that conclusion, because I’ve listened to Wilders post match interview and actually, tactically we got it right, but without naming names, individual players have let the side down…..

But just to reiterate, his contribution to todays performance…..Flawless 👍🏻

(Again)

Back
Top Bottom