Wilder Out ?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Not really sure what people expected with Wilder coming in. You can’t turn around a ship that is both sinking and rudderless. Expecting anything different was folly.

We were dead and buried way before his appointment. The summer was a fucking shambles, the 11 who ended the season would destroy this current ensemble.

I see that Wilder had 2 jobs. 1) Get a few points on the board. 2) Assess squad for next season.

Point 1
8 points from 12 games would have us 1 point behind Everton and 2 behind Luton.
Whilst there have been some drubbings we also played Chelsea, Liverpool and Man City in that run.

Point 2
Clearing of the deck has started and also seen more of the youth team in and around the squad.

We an extremely poor squad.
Awash with injuries, and over the hill players.
Spent essentially nothing in January.
Players with confidence at rock bottom
Players who know they are off in the summer and are going through the motions.

Changing the manager again will do nothing. Unless we have stability and direction off the pitch, our on the pitch performance will suffer.

A reset of some degree will happen in the summer and I expect we will need a couple of years in the Championship to rebuild a team.

Not really sure what people expected with Wilder coming in. You can’t turn around a ship that is both sinking and rudderless. Expecting anything different was folly.

We were dead and buried way before his appointment. The summer was a fucking shambles, the 11 who ended the season would destroy this current ensemble.

I see that Wilder had 2 jobs. 1) Get a few points on the board. 2) Assess squad for next season.

Point 1
8 points from 12 games would have us 1 point behind Everton and 2 behind Luton.
Whilst there have been some drubbings we also played Chelsea, Liverpool and Man City in that run.

Point 2
Clearing of the deck has started and also seen more of the youth team in and around the squad.

We an extremely poor squad.
Awash with injuries, and over the hill players.
Spent essentially nothing in January.
Players with confidence at rock bottom
Players who know they are off in the summer and are going through the motions.

Changing the manager again will do nothing. Unless we have stability and direction off the pitch, our on the pitch performance will suffer.

A reset of some degree will happen in the summer and I expect we will need a couple of years in the Championship to rebuild a team.
I think he has been hit & miss

He did originally galvanise the squad, got a tune out of Vini & Macca, and BBD has been better than expected

However, thats all short term, long term Im not convinced hes right to lead us forward

Defended Brewster and Holgate for stupid challenges, then threw our best defender Robbo under the bus for cocking up the game plan, what let silly bollox chop Mitoma in half, dont plug the gap till were 0-2 down and let crosses come in, but its JLT's fault......
Dropped Wes for Grbic to prove a point, even tho he'd only been at the club 24 hours.
Holgate.
My concern is hes an old school type, take lads for a beer, has his pet favourites, digs out certain players and defends others

We should rip it up and start again, I hope PA sees hes asking too much, takes the best offer thats out there and a new broom sweeps clean, otherwise were just re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic............ again

What got me is that he and his 3 assistants spent a great deal of time in the 2nd half in a huddle and only realised Brighton had scored twice when he heard the noise. Can't understand when we went 2 down he didn't bring attackers on instead of taking one off and putting another defender on. Sheer lunacy and cowardice. Should have listened to the old adage "Never go back".

What got me is that he and his 3 assistants spent a great deal of time in the 2nd half in a huddle and only realised Brighton had scored twice when he heard the noise. Can't understand when we went 2 down he didn't bring attackers on instead of taking one off and putting another defender on. Sheer lunacy and cowardice. Should have listened to the old adage "Never go back".

On 70 mins at 0-2 down the 4 of them got together, you would imagine the plan was to keep it tight until then and then give it ago last 20, They stood there from about 65 to 75 - different players getting up and down, and bang goes the 3rd goes in.

On 70 mins at 0-2 down the 4 of them got together, you would imagine the plan was to keep it tight until then and then give it ago last 20, They stood there from about 65 to 75 - different players getting up and down, and bang goes the 3rd goes in.
A new low for a footy team when the only tactic they can come up with is to defend a 2 goal deficit. Cowardice and bonkers. We aren’t going to make up our ridiculous goal difference to chuck everything at them don’t retreat the whole team to our last third for 66 minutes and try to defend a 2 goal deficit as if that’s a feckin win.

It's Wilder for me for next season at least . We will not attract anyone better , just as the Prince won't attract a decent buyer now we are back in the Championship ?. His main job is getting some moral lifting results before next season. I know it's our DNA and the bent running of the Premiership but with a modicum of some run of the ball and less BLOODY INJURIES we would a have far more points :(.

The squad is poor. The new signings less than impressive. I cannot see Wilder resigning ( who else would employ him on his recent managerial past for anything like what we are probably paying him). I cannot see the club sacking him and having to sort out more compo for him. Wilder was once perfect for the club, That time has long gone but we are stuck with him, the dodgy scouting and poor recruitment, limited tactics, ownership issues (who would buy us for what PA wants) and the derision and ridicule of most of the football fraternity. Not a lot to be cheerful about in our club right now. Its a reet mess and it could get worse.

Can’t blame Wilder too much. When you’re an unorganised mess upstairs, how can you be organised on the pitch? Unless you have the best player in the league by a considerable distance.. Ahem Hecky.

I've had enough , I championed his return but it's time we said it like it is

He isn't good enough the Boro fans were right

For me I'd sack him tonight and get someone like a Russell Martin

May I add that my good friend fallowfield blade suggested him and was unfairly hounded off the platform as a pariah

Failing him I'd even see if hecky would come back after his driving ban he's limited to the jobs he can get

Keep the faith keep the fallowfield
Nah

Doesn't really matter who is the manager for next season, unless there is a change of ownership. We have all seen how bad it can get by bringing in a coach/manager with new ideas and different styles/ways of playing, with no or very little financial backing (Slav).

The squad is poor. The new signings less than impressive. I cannot see Wilder resigning ( who else would employ him on his recent managerial past for anything like what we are probably paying him). I cannot see the club sacking him and having to sort out more compo for him. Wilder was once perfect for the club, That time has long gone but we are stuck with him, the dodgy scouting and poor recruitment, limited tactics, ownership issues (who would buy us for what PA wants) and the derision and ridicule of most of the football fraternity. Not a lot to be cheerful about in our club right now. Its a reet mess and it could get worse.
We are only stuck with him until the end of the season, when the club have the option to renew his contract.
we should already be looking for his successor

A new low for a footy team when the only tactic they can come up with is to defend a 2 goal deficit. Cowardice and bonkers. We aren’t going to make up our ridiculous goal difference to chuck everything at them don’t retreat the whole team to our last third for 66 minutes and try to defend a 2 goal deficit as if that’s a feckin win.
Thats where we are isn't it - just as you say .

The owner is to blame - full stop . Anything else is just a pathway that leads back to the owner.

We are a shambles, and we have been designed to become a shambles through inaction , carelessness , negligence and incompetence .

Not blaming the owner for not having the funds , but not having the funds ,plus all of the above , is why we are where we are .

Some people actually defend the above - unbelievable

We are only stuck with him until the end of the season, when the club have the option to renew his contract.
we should already be looking for his successor
Do you think , on any level , that our owner is actively looking for a successor ?

Might as well have tea lady managing . Will make fuck all difference to this shambles

Football heaven Staton, defending him to the hilt tonight, must be frightened their interview requests will be declined

Wilders tactics havent worked for years. Fans just long for nostalgia. How about going for a manager who is forward thinking and can work with the youngsters. It will take 5-10 years to rebuild from the car crash of Wilders last rebuild. Fans need to be patient with a manager who can take the club forward long term.
Nostalgia is not what it used to be though

Back
Top Bottom