Wilder Out ?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Not sure of it's been said elsewhere, but taking our only striker off after going down to 10 men was at best cowardly, at worse ot shows Wilder has no plan B, it's either be lucky with the team we have, or go full on defensive if we go one down. Saying Brighton are the team you don't want to go down to 10 men against is pathetic, they leak goals every week.
I think the Villa experience really affected him , he looked totally shell shocked . He implied in his pre match interview that he was setting us up to stop them, and that we would go for it when we could, rather than go at them from the start as that is the game Brighton want.

We again started well, but the sending off totally dissolved any confidence the team had rebuilt this past week . We are so fragile and we are playing teams who are so far in front of us technically , athletically and tactically . He found himself wanting to keep the midfield crowded to try to prevent another catastrophe . This results in a game that isn't in any way a match or in any way entertaining for the home fans - it becomes pointless. He is stuck between a rock and a hard place.

At the moment the word that sticks in my mind , and that of my mates , is ...it's just pointless... go for it a bit more , and lose 8 - 2 ? try to prevent a mauling and still lose 5-0 ,and offer the punters zero entertainment .

Until we get a new owner it really doesn't matter who's in charge tbh - we have no underbelly , we are brittle , we are truly in the sh-t

Luton are having a go against billion pound squads. It does make a difference who's in charge.
Yep, Luton have a bright young manager who adapts tactics to the strength of the players at his disposal and has plans B, C & D.

Also, the recruitment of Barkley & Townsend was a master stroke.

I still think they’ll go down, but with far more pride than we will.

Luton are having a go against billion pound squads. It does make a difference who's in charge.
Luton are doing what we did when we got promoted the last time running on adrenaline . I f after 4 or 5 years they are playing the same players without any investment in quality they will be just like us

Ah yes Russell Martin definitely gonna leave Southampton to come to us 😂😂😂

Wilders had a January window and that’s it to make changes, until things change within the club structure things aren’t going to get better.
To be fair he said “something like” a Russell Martin rather than the man himself.

Whilst I think Wilder is part of the problem, I agree the club structure is a significantly bigger problem. Until that’s sorted it’s difficult to imagine any manager making enough of a difference.

Why we gave him an 18 month contract still bothers me. He’s shown that he’s not the right man to take us forward and start the rebuild required. I was hopeful at first but it’s only taken him a month to go back to his back 3 which doesn’t work any more. Fully respect him for that first spell, gave me the best times I’ve known following the club, but he’s yesterdays man and we need to look to the future and rebuild.

We should accept being in the Championship, barely competing, hire a quality scouting team and a young , forward thinking manager, build a quality academy, then wait for it all to pay off

So who is like Russell Martin?

Russell Martin springs to mind.
I would say that there are a number of bright young coaches who are currently working their way along the path that the likes of Russell Martin, Kieran McKenna & Rob Edwards have taken all over Europe. Many of them will be “like Russell Martin”.

Why we gave him an 18 month contract still bothers me. He’s shown that he’s not the right man to take us forward and start the rebuild required. I was hopeful at first but it’s only taken him a month to go back to his back 3 which doesn’t work any more. Fully respect him for that first spell, gave me the best times I’ve known following the club, but he’s yesterdays man and we need to look to the future and rebuild.
The beatings I can take
We do appear to have a bit more pride

But the key word for me is ‘rebuild’

Given the history of Wilders transfer dealings, is he the man for a rebuild?

Like leaving the McCanns to baby sit your kids

Nope. He was a wild gamble on somehow staying up this season. It hasn’t worked.

Very little could have worked. Even if Warnock had come back I doubt we'd have had the fight to stay up this season.

If Wilder isn't the answer to next season, there was no point in bringing him back.

I've had enough , I championed his return but it's time we said it like it is

He isn't good enough the Boro fans were right

For me I'd sack him tonight and get someone like a Russell Martin

May I add that my good friend fallowfield blade suggested him and was unfairly hounded off the platform as a pariah

Failing him I'd even see if hecky would come back after his driving ban he's limited to the jobs he can get

Keep the faith keep the fallowfield
What’s the point?

He was appointed as the Prince expected us to have a chance of staying up with him in charge but more importantly that he would unite the fan base and enable us to move forward together next season.
the fact we are having this debate confirms that is not the case.
his methods are antiquated, it is not about taking the guys out for a Peroni it is about ensuring that you have more than one game plan and adapt as necessary
sorry but at The end of this season it is time to go.
dont like to say it but someone like Wednesdays boss should be given the opportunity to take us forward, the right guy would fall over him self to join us.

Yep, Luton have a bright young manager who adapts tactics to the strength of the players at his disposal and has plans B, C & D.

Also, the recruitment of Barkley & Townsend was a master stroke.

I still think they’ll go down, but with far more pride than we will.
Hindsight is such a wonderful thing.
If we had signed Barkley and Townsend this site would have been in melt down..
To be fair they would probably been injured anyway if we had signed them.

The fact fans are saying no after 2 home back to back 5-0 results shows how thick some fans are! Keep clapping
Thick ?, I think anyone watching us now compared to under Hecky would agree we have more about us and have more of a game plan.

Of course back to back 5-0’s isn’t good enough but who’s coming in to improve this mess, with no money available.

You may disagree and you may feel that we should get the championship’s flavour of the month but would they come to us ?.

I dread him being in charge next season, and in charge of the budget, he's yesterday's man, had a great team of lads that took us to the premiership, but I said at the time, he's had it all good so far, and the test will be when we start losing, we did that second year and he couldn't handle it and guess what, we bring him back!. He made his name in the lower leagues where he revelled in wheeling and dealing with players, but the premiership was a step too far and it showed. The club needs to stop living in the past and get a new manager and backroom team in ready for next season, thanks for the wonderful times we had, but that was yesterday, this is today, move on

The beatings I can take
We do appear to have a bit more pride

But the key word for me is ‘rebuild’

Given the history of Wilders transfer dealings, is he the man for a rebuild?

Like leaving the McCanns to baby sit your kids
Have a 'Like' for the McCann reference!

Not just Wilder, but Hecky too with his ridiculous spunking of moneh this Summer! I'm going to defend old Princey A here and say, if i were him, I'd be asking serious questions of how we seem to get it so wrong every single transfer window!!

Don't think a rebuild is particularly required, just a thorough Strength and conditioning programme couple with a coach who actually coaches the players and has a firm grasp on the tactical side of modern football. Wilder is getting schooled week in week out by these modern breed of football managers in 2024.

He was appointed as the Prince expected us to have a chance of staying up with him in charge but more importantly that he would unite the fan base and enable us to move forward together next season.
the fact we are having this debate confirms that is not the case.
his methods are antiquated, it is not about taking the guys out for a Peroni it is about ensuring that you have more than one game plan and adapt as necessary
sorry but at The end of this season it is time to go.
dont like to say it but someone like Wednesdays boss should be given the opportunity to take us forward, the right guy would fall over him self to join us.
Antiquated ?, it was only 4 years ago that we were in the Prem top 10 and I don’t think football has changed much in that time to make wilder antiquated.

Regarding the “someone like Wednesday’s boss” comment, will you stand by that if they go down ?

Everyone seems to want to get a young manager that will be the next big thing, this squad will need some proper surgery this summer so I doubt any up and coming manager would fancy it.

We can't start next season with wilder in charge.

We can't allow him to piss what little money we'll have away on more "projects" he thinks he can turn round.

We can't afford another shit pre season like before project restart and the covid season.

We can't afford to be playing catch up from Christmas while he flips between 4 and 5 at the back because he can't work out his best system anymore.

We need a proven championship manager who's doing it here and now, not 5 years ago.

A rosenior or corberan or mckenna. If they won't come an up and coming manager like mousinho at pompey.

Failing that we risk it and go abroad again but we have to do something different and stop being so inward looking with managerial appointments and signings

We can't start next season with wilder in charge.

We can't allow him to piss what little money we'll have away on more "projects" he thinks he can turn round.

We can't afford another shit pre season like before project restart and the covid season.

We can't afford to be playing catch up from Christmas while he flips between 4 and 5 at the back because he can't work out his best system anymore.

We need a proven championship manager who's doing it here and now, not 5 years ago.

A rosenior or corberan or mckenna. If they won't come an up and coming manager like mousinho at pompey.

Failing that we risk it and go abroad again but we have to do something different and stop being so inward looking with managerial appointments and signings
How are rosenior, corberan or McKenna more proven in the championship than Wilder ?, currently achieved nothing between the 3 of them

Not very realistic, but Corberan was someone that I thought about following the Newcastle game.

Hard to blame anyone except the hierarchy at the club, or LACK OF hierarchy at the club. This league is brutal (thanks to all the money), if you're not at the top of your game you're going to get hammered regularly.

At the end of the day Jacky Robinson is our star defender. God love him. We had no real hope this season.

Not very realistic, but Corberan was someone that I thought about following the Newcastle game.
Corberan would be right at the top of my list IF we did have an end of season quitting.

Why though, he’s achieved nothing and is under pressure at West Brom
He's got a borderline crap West Brom team in 5th currently. He was a whisker from getting a borderline crap Huddersfield team up.

Think he's a pretty modern manager on paper, that seems to be good at it in practice.

Back
Top Bottom