Wilder meeting with Prince.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Well I'm hoping it means bringing in players who know what the red and white shirt stands for and who and what it represents. Players who look like they give a fuck and who will battle for the club. Hopefully they will have quality too. Perhaps even a leader or two whose heads don't disappear up their own arses when the going gets rough. Where they come from or what colour of their skin, I couldn't give a fuck about. I suspect CW will have similar thoughts.
think youve touched on an important point there weasel weve no leaders at all in the squad since sharpy left he was our talisman only george and robbo come close really hope those 2 stay on at the lane and despite his poor early season form i think weve missed egan badly as well hes another i hope stays at the club those 3 and oli arblaster are the ones we should be building a good championship squad round

It’s the best situation for the prince. He’ll only have a handful of players on big money because the rest will be released. He’ll have the parachute money & a much smaller wage bill unlike last time.

He’ll probably convince Wilder to get 5 loans in & 4/5 free transfers.
Hope so,
Just as long as he doesn't let Wilder loose with any cash he'll be alright

Pretty much what we already knew, we will he replacing players with lower league ones who would love the culture POV as this will be the highest level they will have played at, give me those over the last payday scrotes anyday.

I know there's alot of negativity about the coming summer and also about Wilder.

But does anyone also get the impression Wilders come back from Saudi with a bit of a spring in his step too? I see this as no bad sign at the minute.

Whether this translates into anything I don't know but invariably when he's more positive we are more positive as a team and club.

Yeh I agree I think he looks like hes got a budget that he can work with which may or may not be huge but he has the experience and knowledge to sign the players we need and get rid of the ones that he deems to be surplus to requirements.

People spout a lot of garbage about Wilder but we wouldn't even be having this conversation if he hadn't propelled this club from mediocrity to PL staus.

I think Hecky retained a few that couldn't make the step back up to a higher division though that might have been forced upon him go some degree.

I know there's alot of negativity about the coming summer and also about Wilder.

But does anyone also get the impression Wilders come back from Saudi with a bit of a spring in his step too? I see this as no bad sign at the minute.

Whether this translates into anything I don't know but invariably when he's more positive we are more positive as a team and club.

Not sure it’s positivity borne out of any tangible evidence. But what’s not to like for Wilder? He’s got a job. He’s not out of work and unless he walks again he’s not likely to lose that job. He does have an emotional interest in the club so he will make do with what he’s got. He’s a stubborn arrogant SOB with an absolute faith in his own ability so he’ll want to prove his way is the only way. Get ready for a bumpy ride. If it doesn’t go well in the first half of the next season my betting is more toys are getting chucked out of the pram, but for now he’ll talk a good game.

Wilders interview to me, Simply put, we can’t afford to scout for the talent abroad, we can’t afford to snap up unearthed and emerging top quality players from anywhere….so we will be looking at steady players who have the drive to work very very hard, and the ability to understand and carry out specific tactics, those tactics being to outrun opponents to attack and defend in numbers.
Basic stuff to make us competitive enough not to drop through the championship. They hope.
That is frustrating.

That might work as a short term plan to stabilise and perhaps bounce back but it’s far from a long term strategy IMO.

If we manage to get back to the prem then again we are then stuck with loads of players who are miles away from the quality needed to compete. Again we won’t be able to hold the ball or control games.

IMO this is totally the wrong approach for any long term success. This club is stuck in a timewarp where a bit of badge slapping and graft is the priority.

The prem is much more about quality than graft. It’s naive to think we can compete long-term without quality which is evidenced with our recent history and the history of the prem.

That is frustrating.

That might work as a short term plan to stabilise and perhaps bounce back but it’s far from a long term strategy IMO.

If we manage to get back to the prem then again we are then stuck with loads of players who are miles away from the quality needed to compete. Again we won’t be able to hold the ball or control games.

IMO this is totally the wrong approach for any long term success. This club is stuck in a timewarp where a bit of badge slapping and graft is the priority.

The prem is much more about quality than graft. It’s naive to think we can compete long-term without quality which is evidenced with our recent history and the history of the prem.
You add quality to the established base and it worked ok last time up until we needed to add the quality and other club copied our model and hyper inflated our targets price.

If the plan is to build the team around the youngsters which it seems likely then attitude will be a big thing they’ll need cool, calm heads around them players who can provide them with leadership without being too harsh.

I think we’ve probably got the pieces already to create a half decent midfield especially if you add in a standout loanee to provide some extra flair.

We need to rebuild the defence and probably add a line leading striker in the summer

If the plan is to build the team around the youngsters which it seems likely then attitude will be a big thing they’ll need cool, calm heads around them players who can provide them with leadership without being too harsh
Best get Jack Robinson and Baldock resigned quick then 😄 🤣

Best get Jack Robinson and Baldock resigned quick then 😄 🤣
Robinson is a wildcard granted but I don’t think we’ll be playing any of the kids in defence next year. Baldock is intense but I’d have given him the armband this year

You can't have a long term strategy when the owner is trying to sell and anyone pretending otherwise is pulling your leg...
Exactly. The long term strategy is to say we have a long term strategy.... Not sure that really stands up to scrutiny. I'm sure any prospective buyers see right through that!

I'm all for having a 'here & Now' type approach (works in other sports like the NFL) and Wilder made that work last time, but we have to be prepared for that to fall off a cliff at any moment like it has done twice in the last 5 years...

Robinson is a wildcard granted but I don’t think we’ll be playing any of the kids in defence next year. Baldock is intense but I’d have given him the armband this year
Two good championship players tbh

One of the questions that will be polled as the start of next season approaches in the summer, and I am sure it’s one that the Bladespod guys will put out in their predictions pod..

will we end next season with the same manager we started it with?”

my suspicion is we won’t.

One of the questions that will be polled as the start of next season approaches in the summer, and I am sure it’s one that the Bladespod guys will put out in their predictions pod..

will we end next season with the same manager we started it with?”

my suspicion is we won’t.
My suspicion as well.. Next manager line up, Montgomery, Rob Page, Neil Collins. All got to be on the list surely, there the only ones what know how the club works😊

My suspicion as well.. Next manager line up, Montgomery, Rob Page, Neil Collins. All got to be on the list surely, there the only ones what know how the club works😊

I would not rule out a Hecky return around November / December this time with Billy Sharp as his number 2

Whats the culture of the club mean? Does this mean like an earlier post, players what can get stuck in and run? But have little else to add?

Well it wasn’t that last time under Wilder so why would it be this time?

If he's fit Baldock will be given the armband ASAP, another Wilder ploy to get the fans on his side in these desperate times, we're lucky the Championship is crap
assuming Leeds, Leicester go up, at least we'll survive,even with the kids in

At the risk of stepping into dangerous territory, would you rather spunk £5m on an unknown like Traore/Slimane or get a Scott Hogan/ Conor Hourihane in for a fraction of that?

If we're riding the Wilder Bus, guess we're going to see more of the latter...
Ideally neither!! But we're not in an ideal situation! 😱

Back
Top Bottom