Wilder meeting with Prince.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

They should have done. That store didn't make any losses (well, it didn't when I worked for JL and that was before the favourable new lease) but JL is run from a central London office staffed, unfortunately, by well meaning idiots who would have looked at gravitational modelling and decided that the shopper base of Coles would be prepared to drive to Trafford, Nottingham or Leeds.

The loss making store amongst those was (and almost certainly still will be) Leeds but that's been kept for three reasons: one, they would have believed that a considerable proportion of the Sheffield customers would go to Leeds; two, there's nothing between Leeds and Newcastle (IIRC they shut the small York store) and three, they shut the Andy Street vanity project new store in central Birmingham and so closing a second new full-line department store would have been an admission of total failure.

John Lewis run worse that Sheffield United then ..

They need the vision that some of the fans on here have - investment, a cure for all ills.

If your (owners) investment bears no fruit just invest more.

We aren't going to pretend that investment doesn't correlate with performance are we?

Of course not, the more the merrier.

Manchester United have spent 1.4 BILLION (euro's) in the last ten years and Chelsea have spent 1 Billion in three transfer windows.

So spending ( investment ! ) a paltry 100 million is obviously not enough, though as we found last season when we were unable to pay our bills, maybe it's too much (risk).

Of course not, the more the merrier.

Manchester United have spent 1.4 BILLION (euro's) in the last ten years and Chelsea have spent 1 Billion in three transfer windows.

So spending ( investment ! ) a paltry 100 million is obviously not enough, though as we found last season when we were unable to pay our bills, maybe it's too much (risk).
Is it obviously not enough? I'm not sure that would stand up when looking at other promoted clubs across the years, even taking inflation into account.

It's obviously not enough to win the PL, but it's certainly enough to compete with the clubs in the bottom half.

Wonder if CW will put this laughable edict on the agenda. Clearly a dig at him after he left and I suspect the author was Yusef G. lawyer and Chairman. Note the reference to injuries. After 3 years its even worse now than it was then so it can't have been down purely to CW and his team at the time. If we can't put the effort and resources to solve this in 3 years there seems little prospect of a resolution, no pun intended, in the foreseeable future.

How a Club could congratulate an interim manager losing 8 of his 11 matches in charge beggars belief, even more ridiculous was putting it in print. No other club has ever formally raised a resolution of thanks of this nature. The suspicion remains after a lengthy protracted parting of the ways this was an over reaction from the Board considering a few months later they kicked PH into touch and replaced him with Slav.

PA said in his last interview there were some Board members who were against CW returning but he had the final say. Bearing in mind the Board is only 4 strong and one of them is PA's daughter that leaves either or both of Yusef G and Alghamedi who may be agitating for a change in the summer. It will be interesting to view CW's mood once he returns as the honeymoon period is now over.

This is like me promising my wife 8 inches for a full 2 hours later today.

If she chooses to believe that despite lots of evidence that this isn't possible, It's on her at that point, not me.
I keep this promise but do it by instalment’s

Wilders managerial run hasn't been much different compared to Heckys by results and I'm wondering what does he have to offer in exchange for his demands..
Hecky was able to make new/young players - like Anel, MGW, Man City guys - to shine and I think Prince was thinking Hecky was able to do it again in Prem with our signings.. Well, we know how that went in reality..

Just wondering what is Wilders answer to PA's question "What am I getting in exchange of the money?"

Wilders managerial run hasn't been much different compared to Heckys by results and I'm wondering what does he have to offer in exchange for his demands..
Hecky was able to make new/young players - like Anel, MGW, Man City guys - to shine and I think Prince was thinking Hecky was able to do it again in Prem with our signings.. Well, we know how that went in reality..

Just wondering what is Wilders answer to PA's question "What am I getting in exchange of the money?"
Think he can answer that more accurately once he knows what , if any , money he’s got to play with to be fair

It’s the best situation for the prince. He’ll only have a handful of players on big money because the rest will be released. He’ll have the parachute money & a much smaller wage bill unlike last time.

He’ll probably convince Wilder to get 5 loans in & 4/5 free transfers.
I know the final sentence is pessimism/scepticism, but I really hopenthe relatively decent financial position we'll be in will be used to our advantage, it's easy to the contract situation as a negative, but it does give us 3 years of parachute payments with none of the problems the payments are intended to tackle. Makes a mockery of the system in a way

I know the final sentence is pessimism/scepticism, but I really hopenthe relatively decent financial position we'll be in will be used to our advantage, it's easy to the contract situation as a negative, but it does give us 3 years of parachute payments with none of the problems the payments are intended to tackle. Makes a mockery of the system in a way
It's only 2 if you go up and down in a season

1710441806173.png

6pUjuQQX9kEfSe604w.webp

“What am I getting in exchange for the money”

What money? 😳

Back
Top Bottom