What's your dullest anecdote about meeting a footballer?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Saw Hecky the other day in Dodworth. Walked past a house window I was working on. Window was open so had a quick chat…

“Eyup Paul how are you?”
“Sound cheers, and you?”
“Good thanks. Thanks for everything you did for the Blades. Good luck with the next job.”
“Thanks.”

The end.

Saw Hecky the other day in Dodworth. Walked past a house window I was working on. Window was open so had a quick chat…

“Eyup Paul how are you?”
“Sound cheers, and you?”
“Good thanks. Thanks for everything you did for the Blades. Good luck with the next job.”
“Thanks.”

The end.
That's not dull. Wrong thread.😉

“Eyup Paul how are you?”
“Sound cheers, and you?”
“Thanks.”

The end.

Can't have been him, he'd have started with 'Listen......'

While at King Teds school in the 80s I looked over the wall of the upper school grounds and saw Lee Chapman parking his courtesy car (like footballers had in those days "Lee Chapman drives with TC Harrison") he got out and posted a letter into a letter box. He then got back into his car and drove off. Zzzzz

After a game in the early noughties, I left the BLUT and followed my usual route up Bramall Lane and left on to Cherry Street.
I had to halt as a car came out of the car park.
Keith Curle was driving while lighting up a ciggie.
I thought, "Keith Curle's a smoker. I wonder if Warnock knows?"

After a game in the early noughties, I left the BLUT and followed my usual route up Bramall Lane and left on to Cherry Street.
Keeeeeeef was on about sixty a day wasn’t he?

While at King Teds school in the 80s I looked over the wall of the upper school grounds and saw Lee Chapman parking his courtesy car (like footballers had in those days "Lee Chapman drives with TC Harrison") he got out and posted a letter into a letter box. He then got back into his car and drove off. Zzzzz
Probably a transfer request.

Happened to be at a bar in Harrogate at the same time as him while he has at United. I greeted him briefly and politely. He was quite rude to me.

Gus Hamer got in a lift with me in a hotel I was staying in the morning of a match. I said "good luck today. ... No, it is not luck is it", He said "No it is skill". I said "and tactics".

And he scored that afternoon using his skills ..... lol

I once saw George Baldock at the entrance to town hall after registering my daughter, I was so tempted to ask for a picture of them both, but I thought being too close to his golden tanned thighs the Mrs would start getting ideas.

I once waved at Lee Williamson, he never waved back

travelling back to Sheffield from match at Barnsley on a very full train Del Geary kindly offered me his seat. That was kind wasn’t it

Refereed Martin Keowns lad(s?) twice. Once scheduled game, once several games so presumably cup finals.

Never spoke to him or acknowledged him.
He appeared to be as I heard him say the other day.
Very open to approach but keep away and don't bother him as me.

Is that boring enough ;)

Refereed Martin Keowns lad(s?) twice. Once scheduled game, once several games so presumably cup finals.

Is that boring enough ;)

Not really.

Is that boring enough ;)
I can relate to this as I refereed David Batty's 2 lads twice. This was in a tournament in Tadcaster. I never spoke to their Dad.

The team’s coach was constantly saying the 2 lads full names...just so everybody there knew who they were.
Odd behaviour.

Back
Top Bottom