What was your coldest United match that you have been to

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I always get the Greater Manchester teams mixed up.

It was either Rochdale or Oldham (I think Rochdale were you enter from the left hand side). Was one of the games they weren't serving us beer at the ground, there was hardly anyone there and we lost 2-0.

(We definitely lost 2-0 to Rochdale but I could 100% be getting the beer thing mixed up with some other random Manchester club)

I commented ages ago saying that Rochdale was cold in Div4, but that night match at Derby was bad. There were plenty of people falling over such as the bloke mentioned further up. We parked in a school and had to cross over the railway. It was very slippy on the approaches to the bridge.

I can’t remember the game. 99/00 season at the lane. I sat on the kop and shook/vibrated so much with the cold, whilst all tensed up, that I put my back out.

Must say that Saturday was really fucking cold too. But I am 20+ years older and still left with an intact back, so must have been warmer

Palace away in the mid/late 90’s. It was ridiculously cold.

I remember it particularly because Wandsworth Blade bought a hot drink that stayed too hot to drink for so long despite the cold that we thought it must be radioactive.

Or maybe we were just drunk.

Port Vale away, maybe 2014. There was blizzard on the way home and it must've taken 7/8 hours to get home. Has to be the coldest!

Mine was Roker Park in the early 80s, with the wind coming off the sea. I would like to do Arbroath in deep winter , its virtually in the sea.

See the source image

Over many years (and back when snow and frost wasn't news) Middlesborough always seemed to chill me. At least you're not wearing shorts and short-sleeved shirts on the terraces rather than being on the pitch, and nowt ever compared to playing away at Penistone Grammar in January.

So it doesn't show OM stamping anyone then ....must be intent they are going for then !!!!!

The defence has closed its case​

The defence case has closed. The prosecutor, Simon Jones, is addressing Judge Leo Pyle. He says the prosecution case is that the video (which went viral) shows the immediate aftermath of the stamps.

We don't say that footage shows the stamps. That footage clearly shows the stamping motion and the anger".

So it doesn't show OM stamping anyone then ....must be intent they are going for then !!!!!

The defence has closed its case​

The defence case has closed. The prosecutor, Simon Jones, is addressing Judge Leo Pyle. He says the prosecution case is that the video (which went viral) shows the immediate aftermath of the stamps.
The threas is "Whats the coldest United match you've been to" not "the coldest court room you've attended".

a game against norwich at the lane on new years day i think a few years ago was the coldest game ive been to think we won 1 - 0

I can’t remember the exact date but the worst that I’ve experienced was away v Sunderland at Roker Park way back. No snow or frost but freezing fog was around as we walked to the ground and people around us wearing glasses had to take them off because the condensation on their lenses was freezing up. Trying to wipe them was pointless so they put them in their pockets to warm them first but within a couple of minutes they were misted up and frozen again. Flippin’ freezing it was.

Mansfield Town late eighties,, Tuesday night game,, think it was when Brian Smith had his leg broken.. snow was coming down sideways.

Mansfield away,midweek night game,mid 1980's.We were on the open terrace,it started to sleet and snow through the entire game.The fact it was freezing cold was bad enough,but we got saturated as well,i have never been as cold in my life !!
Me too. Horizontal sleet, early April. The meat pies were cold as soon as they hit the counter. Bob Booker had his best game for us that night and passed what would have been a good SAS survival test with flying colours.

Weren't they a game at lane last season and the cold fog was that bad you could hardly see the pitch, Bristol maybe?

Probably FA cup match at Villa Park, we lost 5-1 ( I think ) probably around 1978 , it was absolutely tatters,

Carlisle away 1980s coach window put through by Wendy going past old Gate pub, freezing away trip. Think we lost as well.

Feb/March 2018, Reading away, Beast from the East. Minus 12. I had 5 layers of clothing on, 2 coats and was still frozen. Couldn't walk across the car park without falling over at the end.

When we lost 5-0 at Watford in the FA Cup, fucking freezing could not feel my fingers and toes. late eighties if my memory is right.

My dad and I went down to Oxford one Saturday in the early 90s. Got done 4-0 if I recall correctly. Think Elliot (big future Leicester Center half) scored at least two thumping set piece headers right in front of us. To cap it all off it was absolutely freezing. Coldest I’ve been at a blades game.

I went to a Giants game in NY a few years ago in January. Could only get on the very top row of the bowl. Couldn’t feel my toes for two days, literally. Still have ten though.

Sheffield United vs Crewe - 0-0

It was a Friday night, absolutely freezing, snow and ice. If it had not been on Sky I’m certain that game would have been called off. None of the crowd wanted to be there and from quality of the game I don’t think any players wanted to be there

Wimbledon at Selhurst Park on a Wednesday night in the 90s. 0-0 and sat in the wooden stand up the wings absolutely Vladivostock on the v-v-v-landing that night.

I'm old enough to remember the mid-season winter tour of Siberia during the 1951/52 season.

Jimmy Hagan bagged a brace against Norvosibirsk. I've never known cold like it.

I'm old enough to remember the mid-season winter tour of Siberia during the 1951/52 season.

Jimmy Hagan bagged a brace against Norvosibirsk. I've never known cold like it.

I was also there. He gave a speech after the match to a partizan crowd.

It was parodied in Rocky IV.

“If tha can change, ha’way you’s can change”

Back
Top Bottom