Match Thread West Bromwich Albion vs Sheffield United - 28 November 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

WES
WES
WES

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1606162752123.png v. 1606162759533.png
EPL Week 10 - Saturday 28th November 2020 - The Hawthornes

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/west-bromwich-albion-vs-sheffield-united.518/

Officials:

Referee:
Mike Dean
Assistant Referee: Darren Cann
Assistant Referee: Mark Scholes
Fourth Official: Gavin Ward
Video Assistant Referee: Martin Atkinson
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Ian Hussin

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

1606519710197.png

Last edited:

Has anyone noticed that McBurnie can't put his laces through a ball? It's always a side footed scuff .
His confidence was so shagged by the end he was hanging around in midfield.

Im going to watch the boxing and drink myself into oblivion to salvage the rest of Saturday night. What a shit show.

When was the last time we won a must-win game though?
I expected that result.
Just didn’t think I’d be shrieking at the screen so much wondering how we didn’t score.

He said poor finishing unless we start finishing we aren’t going to win games...we had enough chances to win two games over..They weren’t half chances they were really good chances. Keep believing and hoping challenge to get three teams underneath us. Nothing wrong with desire just in front of goal but it’s in front of goal...spot on analysis by Wilder

That was shocking. Comms were pretty complimentary about us, but that was crap.

No quality whatsoever from us. No intensity.

You can't miss those chances and stay up, and you shouldn't.

Bottom on merit.

We need decent buys at LCB, RMF, AMF, LMF, and arguably CF and GK in January.

I doubt we're getting those and we'll probably be double digits adrift by then anyway, and the speed at which we get deals done, it'll be the end of the window before anything happens.

The only way we're getting any point this year is if we change the system, we are so weak on the left. I don't think West Brom even bothered going down their left, why would you?

If Wilder gets us out of this we should build him a 100ft golden statue in the carpark for services to football and magic.

Covid vaccine wouldn't hurt either so we can go and tell the players to wake the fuck up in person.
We need no buys as long as Wilder is in charge re the transfers; he did/does it well when scouting for lower league, British players, but PL is another realm. And PA isn't an idiot, either, and won't give Wilder any more money to splash on mcburnies, bogles or the like. "Best transfer window ever." ?? What the f*ck is that supposed to mean?

He said poor finishing unless we start finishing we aren’t going to win games...we had enough chances to win two games over..They weren’t half chances they were really good chances. Keep believing and hoping challenge to get three teams underneath us. Nothing wrong with desire just in front of goal but it’s in front of goal...spot on analysis by Wilder
And yet he leaves his best goalscorer out of the 18 .

Good observation from sky, spare man in the box, rather than trusting keeper to catch it.

Anyone else feel like we are actually cursed?! I'm talking some actual voodoo shit. I feel numb.

As stupid as it is I did some serious lucky charm hunting before this match, lucky pants, socks I remember seeing us win in, the boots I always used to wear when we could go to matches, lucky mug, "lucky" shirt.

Didn't do anything, whoever cursed us it's stronger than my lucky charms.

I reckon it was Bournemouth.

I'm going to by a new photo frame for my United Colours of Sheffield United print though just in case, the print keeps sliding down.

We lost 1-0 to a Championship team which will get relegated. They looked like a mid0table Championship team tonight as well. Fair play though, Parreira and Gallagher are two young quality players.

We started off strongly in the first half, missed a few half chances and then let them into the game. They then dominated for a while. We again started strongly second half, let them in for a bit and then were the stronger team.

In saying that, we let West fucking Brom have 17 chances and we're a defensive team. Yes, we had more, but that's a worrying statin itself.

Ramsdale - 5.5- Made one stunning low save from a header. Made another good save as well. But shot stopping is the easiest part of football. I'm a great shot stopper. The rest of my game is shit (although I can catch better than our keeper). He dropped a piss easy cross and looked like he was out of his league for much of the game. Poor communication, He's a big lad. He needs to impose himself. Take people out. He doesn't show any confidence or belief to me. I don't believe he's going to catch a cross or get to a ball. He needs to do a lot better than this. He's basically George Long at the moment. Without the grief George had to take for 90 minutes from our fans. If we had fans in the ground I think he'd be gone tbh. Being a keeper is all about belief. You have to believe in yourself. He doesn't.
Lowe - 5 - clumsy, late, stupid decisions. Yeah, yeah, puts a couple of decent crosses in. Not hard when you're ignoring your defensive duties. Looks like a Derby player
Bryan - 3 - Is this lad a footballer or a future contestant for I'm a Celebrity? He looks like a small child trying to play adult. Easy outplayed and outthought by Championship level West Brom players. Doesn't know what he's doing. You would think training every day for two years would give him a clue?
Egan - 5.5 - Shouted a lot at every one but did some impressive fuck ups himself. Lost the ball and they should have scored. Made some good tackles and blocks but was far too often out of position and went too ground far too often.
Basham -4 - Legs on back to front. Looked like a donkey.
Baldock 5.5 - He often doesn't know what he's doing in attacking parts of the field. He's like a Duracell bunny, just keeps running and running and running, regardless iff that's a good idea or not. Managed to fuck up an open goal in a way I wouldn't have thought possible. Still, often our best threat, which speaks volumes really.
Norwood - 2 - The worst performance by any Blades player in the Premier League. Made Kean Bryan look like Zico. slow, sloppy, can't go with runners, doesn't know what's around him, points a fair bit.
Fleck - 6 - Started really well. Was getting further forward than normal and offering an outlook down the wing. He faded in the middle third but stronger again towards the end. Still not great but relatively speaking Pele
Berge - 5 - At his worst slow and ponderous. Gave the ball away because he was being far too casual and slack on several occasions. When he can be bothered, he's our best midfielder. This being bothered lark seems to be less every game. Looks to go backwards far too often and shirks responsibility too. Hit the bloody ball ffs
McBurnie - 5 - Despite all his attempts on social media to fuck a slapper, I doubt he'd be able to get it in a whole, let alone the right one. Looks at his best when coming deep in the McGoldrick role and linking up play. One of our best players second half. Won a lot of headers, but seemed less interested in where the ball was going than winning eh header. I think he's a good player but he's shooting and heading like a lower league striker. Get it on target. Doesn't wash in the Premier League and Johnson's a good keeper. Not hitting the corners. Too easy for any keeper at any level tbh
Burke - 6 - The lad is not a striker - simple as. Remember Matt Done? He is our Premier League Matt Done. He works really hard closing people down. Put himself about. He makes a lot of runs. He's great at going down the side of players. But all these things are skills of a winger. He's not a striker. It's as clear as day. I like the lad. I like his attitude and what he brings but he's not a striker. Why did we swap a non-striker for a non-striker? (albeit the one we swapped has scored more goals this season than our one has in years.)

Brewster - 6 - Lad put a shift in and set up our best chance. Also had a good shot from outside the box. Best game he's played for us. When the chips came down though, he was wanting.
Lundstram - 6 - Much better game from him. Put a quality cross in and looked a lot more up for it. Earned a start for me.
Mousset - 5 - Missed a guilt edge chance but whilst looking fairly lively also kept letting the ball bounce off him.

Wilder - 3 - Shocking tbh. Didn't stop Gallagher being free at the edge of the box for every corner. Schoolboy error. Looks completely out of his depth at the moment. Last season you saw him shouting and getting angry and looking up for it. He just looks defeated. All he does is make the same changed every game and they never work. Needs to pull his socks up.

West Brom. Looks like a mid-table Championship side. They'll go down. Pereira is a quality player and looked a class above. Gallagher is also one who will be quality in a couple of years. Why we didn't try and sign him, who knows.

True there is no one better, god his post match interviews always make me feel better.

Look at the state of the fucking goal we’ve lost to tonight... utter shite! Ankled in at 10mph... unbelievable!!

We became a threat tonight when two things happened. Burke was finally given a chance and when we didn't punt it forward from the keeper in the hope of a McBurnie flick on. Easy for me, play it out from the back, drop Norwood and McBurnie and play any of the other four strikers.

I have to admit i did not watch or listen to the match after 13 mins .As soon as they scored and i watched them squander to good chances after 5 mins i switched off .I just knew the game was over,no way were we ever going to score.There was more chance of Ramsdale scoring than any of our strikers.Has there ever been any prem strikers worse than what we have?

Sell all the strikers at the lane all four of them and buy two who know how to score .Watched some F.A. CUP MATCHES JUST TO SEE SOME ONE SCORE and there were some superb goals from strikers who are not worth a tenth of what we have paid out.They actually had shots on goal now there;s a novelty.

No, followed Aaron from the academy, followed him since yes i know his family.Not defending him if he is playing shite and deserves criticism!! But puerile vitriol which is not justified then i feel i need to defend him. If i am wrong then so be it however, he is the last of our problems as i can see.

No, followed Aaron from the academy, followed him since yes i know his family.Not defending him if he is playing shite and deserves criticism!! But puerile vitriol which is not justified then i feel i need to defend him. If i am wrong then so be it however, he is the last of our problems as i can see.

He's not the first to attract this level of "scrutiny" in a position where it can have a big effect. People make their minds up and not necessarily comment on what they actually see per game. How some are singled out at the moment and others get away with it, I'll never know. That and the level of abuse.

It happens the other way, once someone latches onto a 'name'.

It was always going to be a ridiculously tough follow of Dean Henderson behind a settled defence that performed (in a team unit that performed and defended from the front), people should realise that, the differing situations and look at it objectively.

Look at the state of the fucking goal we’ve lost to tonight... utter shite! Ankled in at 10mph... unbelievable!!
It looked a bit of a scrappy goal.
I got in, didn't know the score & switched on motd too late & only saw the bloody interviews & the score. They then showed some of your chances. At least you're making them.
Where you are, the only way is up.
I tell you this though, you get out of this & it will be the biggest achievement in football since Leicester won the title.
I hope you do.

Back
Top Bottom