Match Thread West Bromwich Albion v. Sheffield United - 18th August 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

WES
WES
WES

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1629190988643.png v. 1629190996312.png
Championship Week 3 - Wednesday 18th August 2021 - 20:00 - The Hawthorns

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/west-bromwich-albion-vs-sheffield-united.554/

Officials:

Referee:
Matthew Donohue
Assistant Referee: Richard Wild
Assistant Referee: Steven Meredith
Fourth Official: John Busby

Away Fans Guide: https://www.wba.co.uk/fans/matchdays-more/away-supporters-guide

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺
Live TV Coverage
:

1629190759428.png

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

What a waste time these end of match manager interviews are with SJ. Not sure what I’m expecting him to be say but a bit more honesty would be appreciated if just to give the fans some confidence that he knows that was absolute shite

It’s not the manager it’s the players- no quality or confidence- they are used to losing!
But I've just seen the manager on TV and I don't really know what he's saying - if he can't communicate with the players , what's his role ?
He's not doing the transfers.

They need to go back to 352 for the time being otherwise we are gonna canon fodder for a lot of the physical sides in this division that will have all seen that shower of shit.
Freeman and Bogle have to start on Sat that is for certain need some energy & drive in there so badly .. the current midfield 3 look so far off it it’s untrue .. powder puff & creating absolutely fuck all .
No width .. Nortington Davies gotta be worth a start .. and as for a keeper fuck me that’s obvious for all to see
As for the front line we need some one who can put the ball in the back of the net ..maybe with midfield recruitment the current lot will improve but I’m not convinced at all
The prince & the board need to reinvest the parachute payments into this side as it needs a total overhaul now . The side was built on confidence & of a side punching well above its weight for 4 out of 5 seasons .. but make no bones about it this is a side now in a flat spin .. big changes & investment needed to turn this around & quickly ⚔️

Terrible. Embarrassing. Pathetic. And that's just Slav

What the fuck was that. No one in their right mind would have set up against West Brom like that. Launching long balls against land of the giants. slow lumbering ogres vs slow lumbering midgets. Absolute joke from start to finish. WBA were crap as well.

Verrips - 1 - Terrible. Came and missed on several occasions. Gifting them two goals. Weak. Zero determination to get the ball. Looked shaky all night. Even the one he saved he could easily have caught and made a meal of it. If our choice of keepers is going to be him and League 1 Wes we're relegation fodder.
Robinson - 3 - Did a nice control on his chest, turn and clearance. 1 mark. Wasn't the worst defender but rubbish
Egan - 3 - Sorry, thought he was weak and shirked responsibility at the back. Not winning areal battles. Hardly challenging. Not good enough. Some terrible distribution as well.
Basham - 2 - Appalling. so weak. So slow to make a decision. A mistake waiting to happen.
Osborn - 4 - Simply for the fact he gave a shit and actually put a shift in. Otherwise pretty poor. Tried to get down the line but no midfield doesn't help him
Baldock - 3 - Defensively poor. some bad choices. Looked a bit better later on. Actually trying at least.
Fleck - 0 - actually didn't see him do anything whatsoever until about the 84 minute where he passed it sideways. May as well have not been there.
Norwood - 2 - Poor but at least always showing for the ball and trying. Zero protection for the defence. Set pieces not great.
Stretch Norwood - 1 - Like a wet lettuce. Absolutely no bottle. Loses every 50/50. Takes so long to do anything when on the ball. Pointless off the ball.
McGoldrick - 1 - Sorry, he has missed so many chances over the last 3 years it can't go on. Needs to be on the bench. I really don't care who for.
Billy Sharp - 2 - Billy Sharp's a bit. Unless you put chances on his boot not much use anymore. We don't.

Subs:

McBurnie - 5 - Actually wanted to be there. Ran around, dropped, tried things, had a late leader. Laid a couple of good balls off
Burke - 0 - fuck me
Freeman - 4 - The only midfielder who was trying to make things happen. Lots of good intention, dire execution. But better than the starting 3 put together tonight.

Slav - 0 - Terrible team selection. Inept. Clueless. Set us up to lose and we lost. Sorry, that was nowhere near good enough.

WBA didn't even play well. If they'd played well we'd have been looking at double figures.

Agree with every single mark there.

Then please do so. Put your feet up, at home or on the bench at least. Just don’t come near the first 11 unless you can do something productive and not nesh out of a tackle.
Suits the lads + me , just keep the money rolling into me account , thanks. I won't need a job after this contract expires.

I was going to say that I was getting worrying deja vu with last season's start. Then I remembered that last season for at least the first couple of games, there was at least a crumb of comfort in feeling a little hard done by. Lundstram not staying on his feet at wolves, the unfair sending off at Villa. We might have been crap but at least I could cling to those. Not even that this time. We've just been a tad abject.

What a waste time these end of match manager interviews are with SJ. Not sure what I’m expecting him to be say but a bit more honesty would be appreciated if just to give the fans some confidence that he knows that was absolute shite
He can barely communicate with an interviewer , let alone the players , so don't be expecting him to communicate with the fans !
If you wanted someone to "chat to to the fans" , go + get a completely different man.

My West Brom supporting mate reckons the scoreline flattered them. I don't. Thought they should have had 7.

He may just have being trying to cheer me up so I don't weight my pockets and head down to the canal.

I've got the feeling he's realised players are pretty rigid in terms of ability / systems - and we don't really have the personnel for his desired style formations at the moment.

Tried a few different formations in first 3 games, but until signings come in think he's reverted to 'tried and tested'.

My guess is we'll see this for the next few games until we get new signings in.
We’re Doomed.

Too many comfortable players on fat contracts still thinking they’re playing in the ‘pally’ Chris Wilder Sunday League set up that he ran at the Lane. Enough is enough. Either shape up sharpish or fuck off.
But they won't go !
Why should they ?

left us with a lot of dead wood which needs clearing out.
No forwards. No hope.

Trying to get back to the Premiership with a spent strike force. Never going to happen. No funds forthcoming for quality attackers. Boss will be gone by Christmas and Blessin will brought in for a long-term overhaul as opposed to this doomed bounce-back mission.

But I've just seen the manager on TV and I don't really know what he's saying - if he can't communicate with the players , what's his role ?
He's not doing the transfers.
He must have communicated well with Fulham and Watford’s players, maybe we can’t afford a translator and they can?

I actually struggle to understand his train of thought. Incoherent.

No forwards. No hope.

Trying to get back to the Premiership with a spent strike force. Never going to happen. No funds forthcoming for quality attackers. Boss will be gone by Christmas and Blessin will brought in for a long-term overhaul as opposed to this doomed bounce-back mission.

Suits the lads + me , just keep the money rolling into me account , thanks. I won't need a job after this contract expires.
Oh I’m sorry, we will just keep on playing him then. Because that will Increase his value and give us a chance of selling him won’t it?
Hmm I would rather he sat at home in the garden at the moment at least that way he’s not a neshing out of tackles, passing backward or pumping crosses / corners / dead balls, into the knees of the first defender.
For the first couple of seasons he was a Rolls Royce, pinging crossfield balls fo feet, controlling the tempo and an upgrade on coutts. Maybe it’s age, maybe it’s. Confidence but at the moment he is a fucking liability.

Agree with every single mark there.
No forwards. No hope.

Trying to get back to the Premiership with a spent strike force. Never going to happen.
No funds forthcoming for quality attackers.

Boss will be gone by Christmas and Blessin will brought in for a long-term overhaul as opposed to this doomed bounce-back mission.

No forwards. No hope.

Forwards aren't getting the service, Berge & Ramsdale need flogging to raise money so Slav can start rebuilding his squad, at least half of the squad we have now are surplus to requirements. Slav won't be going anywhere soon. 3 games in anything can happen, we could win our next 5 games.

Back
Top Bottom