Match Thread West Bromwich Albion v. Sheffield United - 18th August 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

WES
WES
WES

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1629190988643.png v. 1629190996312.png
Championship Week 3 - Wednesday 18th August 2021 - 20:00 - The Hawthorns

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/west-bromwich-albion-vs-sheffield-united.554/

Officials:

Referee:
Matthew Donohue
Assistant Referee: Richard Wild
Assistant Referee: Steven Meredith
Fourth Official: John Busby

Away Fans Guide: https://www.wba.co.uk/fans/matchdays-more/away-supporters-guide

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺
Live TV Coverage
:

1629190759428.png

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

Despite not being mcburnies biggest fan, he has to start next game. We also need to start Freeman, Davies and Bogle.

If we want to play a 3 up top then we desperately need wide attacking players with pace to play it (not converted strikers).

We also need some players with bite to replace the Lurpak midfield we have at the moment

I honestly done think Slav knows what he is doin! His history says he does but I can’t see it, I’m not a fan of Brewster but what better time to put him on for a run and try and get THAT GOAL, but know he puts on Burge, if I never see Burke again it will be too soo, he has no talent and I don’t know what he sees in training😡

People calling for Freeman to start are grasping at straws, he was a turnover machine the same as last week

I honestly done think Slav knows what he is doin! His history says he does but I can’t see it, I’m not a fan of Brewster but what better time to put him on for a run and try and get THAT GOAL, but know he puts on Burge, if I never see Burke again it will be too soo, he has no talent and I don’t know what he sees in training😡
Stupid comment, it was the players fault tonight and stemming back from that is it is wilder and the princes fault we’re in this mess

marks out of ten.

Veripps 0

Robinson 0
Egan 2
Bash 1
Baldock 3

Osborn 2
Berge 1
Norwood 2
Fleck 1

Didsy 1
Sharp 2

subs
Mcburnie 1
Burke 1
Freeman 5

Slav. 0

Despite not being mcburnies biggest fan, he has to start next game. We also need to start Freeman, Davies and Bogle.

If we want to play a 3 up top then we desperately need wide attacking players with pace to play it (not converted strikers).

We also need some players with bite to replace the Lurpak midfield we have at the moment
And jebbo

Honestly wouldn't pick any of them for the next game, that's how bad they were. I'd leave them all out in disgust.

In a way I'm glad that they all ruined their legendary status last season because it means I won't be as sad when they sell players like Fleck.

The cheek of people to slag him off. Every time he plays he tries to attack at least. “But it’s only doncaster. But it’s only carlisle”. What’s he meant to do when we never play him??
Yeah, about the only positive was Freeman trying to make things happen.. It was a bit men against boys, as we couldn't match them physically, and couldn't play through them, but not sure we've got the players to play how the Manager wants.

Terrible. Embarrassing. Pathetic. And that's just Slav

What the fuck was that. No one in their right mind would have set up against West Brom like that. Launching long balls against land of the giants. slow lumbering ogres vs slow lumbering midgets. Absolute joke from start to finish. WBA were crap as well.

Verrips - 1 - Terrible. Came and missed on several occasions. Gifting them two goals. Weak. Zero determination to get the ball. Looked shaky all night. Even the one he saved he could easily have caught and made a meal of it. If our choice of keepers is going to be him and League 1 Wes we're relegation fodder.
Robinson - 3 - Did a nice control on his chest, turn and clearance. 1 mark. Wasn't the worst defender but rubbish
Egan - 3 - Sorry, thought he was weak and shirked responsibility at the back. Not winning areal battles. Hardly challenging. Not good enough. Some terrible distribution as well.
Basham - 2 - Appalling. so weak. So slow to make a decision. A mistake waiting to happen.
Osborn - 4 - Simply for the fact he gave a shit and actually put a shift in. Otherwise pretty poor. Tried to get down the line but no midfield doesn't help him
Baldock - 3 - Defensively poor. some bad choices. Looked a bit better later on. Actually trying at least.
Fleck - 0 - actually didn't see him do anything whatsoever until about the 84 minute where he passed it sideways. May as well have not been there.
Norwood - 2 - Poor but at least always showing for the ball and trying. Zero protection for the defence. Set pieces not great.
Stretch Norwood - 1 - Like a wet lettuce. Absolutely no bottle. Loses every 50/50. Takes so long to do anything when on the ball. Pointless off the ball.
McGoldrick - 1 - Sorry, he has missed so many chances over the last 3 years it can't go on. Needs to be on the bench. I really don't care who for.
Billy Sharp - 2 - Billy Sharp's a bit. Unless you put chances on his boot not much use anymore. We don't.

Subs:

McBurnie - 5 - Actually wanted to be there. Ran around, dropped, tried things, had a late leader. Laid a couple of good balls off
Burke - 0 - fuck me
Freeman - 4 - The only midfielder who was trying to make things happen. Lots of good intention, dire execution. But better than the starting 3 put together tonight.

Slav - 0 - Terrible team selection. Inept. Clueless. Set us up to lose and we lost. Sorry, that was nowhere near good enough.

WBA didn't even play well. If they'd played well we'd have been looking at double figures.

Whilst I’ve been a big fan of Fleck, he’s been anonymous this season. Thought he looked completely detached/uninterested at the huddle for kick off.

All i can think of is we appointed the wrong manager,Valerian was on the doorstep at Barnsley.
He’ Warnockesqe, they will do well this season but then they will get found out, wouldn’t like to cross him though.
Anyway i think we will finish higher than them

Back
Top Bottom