Match Thread West Bromwich Albion v. Sheffield United - 18th August 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

WES
WES
WES

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1629190988643.png v. 1629190996312.png
Championship Week 3 - Wednesday 18th August 2021 - 20:00 - The Hawthorns

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/west-bromwich-albion-vs-sheffield-united.554/

Officials:

Referee:
Matthew Donohue
Assistant Referee: Richard Wild
Assistant Referee: Steven Meredith
Fourth Official: John Busby

Away Fans Guide: https://www.wba.co.uk/fans/matchdays-more/away-supporters-guide

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺
Live TV Coverage
:

1629190759428.png

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

Worst comment I’ve seen all night, how can you say this squad is good enough after THAT performance, the midfield is totally inept and we have ZERO players that can create chances and run at defenders.
Because a lot of em got us promoted out of this league a couple of years ago and then comfortably stayed in the prem prior to lock down. They're now looking like totally different players because this new guy can't motivate them or pick the right players for the right formations. This squad under the right manager would look completely different and be plenty good enough.

What the fuck am I watching? If this is not the giant red flag that our board needs to get down to some serious business before the window closes, then I don't know what is. Ramsdale's gone by the looks of things. For me, get shut of Berge, McBurnie & Brewster if anyone would be daft enough to take em, to get some decent cash in, and let all the rest of the dead wood who can't be arsed go. Shocking.
Add to that Burke, Moose, Robinson & Norwood please

Berge .Norwood Fleck McGoldrick . Robinson . Burke. should not be any where near the first team next time out.Surely we would be better with Osborn/Freeman Boogle in mid field Brewster McBurnie up top and new lad Davis in defence and if the young lads can not break through to get a shirt off this lot then they are not good enough either.

The goals and the defence tonight demonstrated that Ramsdale is going to be a serious loss for us and those on here who have continually rubbished him ought to hang their heads in shame.
Tactics all wrong tonite, no fire from anyone until subs came on. 3 games in and no goals again, McGold..is ready for moving on he's getting steadily worse, game by game. Berge was hiding most of game, Fleck and Norwood were shite, Slav should have made them walk home.
We are in serious deep shit unless the Board and Slav come up with something.

players hiding, nobody brave enough to try the killer pass, playing the ball backwards, cant win the first or second ball in either box, cant hit a barn door and nobody seems to give a shit anymore.

I felt for those supporters who made that trip tonite, Their faces summed up what we all felt- this lot had let them down and the team, the Board, and the Manager should be ashamed of themselves for this performance.

Because a lot of em got us promoted out of this league a couple of years ago and then comfortably stayed in the prem prior to lock down. They're now looking like totally different players because this new guy can't motivate them or pick the right players for the right formations. This squad under the right manager would look completely different and be plenty good enough.
How would they look "different" ? At least 5 of them should never play for us again..

Donating a day's wages to charity wouldn't go amiss.

The damning thing is our spectacular fail last season was our lack of goals. We've now gone 3 games in a lower league without scoring and this should tell the powers that be something.

Afraid not
The rot set I'm with this group of players a long time ago, under CW.

They have been belittled, publicly held up as not being good enough, they have a safety at all costs approach to every game, and their minds have adopted and accepted a losing mentality.

Some of them are beyond redemption now.

They're done

I don’t know how anyone can have watched last season and the first 3 games of this season and still hold this opinion.

Yes and they then went a whole season of playing shit football and losing every week under a manager that could get a tune out of them, Slav is not the one at fault, he is attempting to change around a squad with no quality or confidence and make them play the way he wants to, it’s gonna take 2 transfer windows before he can at least build a team more suited to his style.

Yes and they then went a whole season of playing shit football and losing every week under a manager that could get a tune out of them, Slav is not the one at fault, he is attempting to change around a squad with no quality or confidence and make them play the way he wants to, it’s gonna take 2 transfer windows before he can at least build a team more suited to his style.
He won’t be here in 2 transfer windows.

Forwards aren't getting the service, Berge & Ramsdale need flogging to raise money so Slav can start rebuilding his squad, at least half of the squad we have now are surplus to requirements. Slav won't be going anywhere soon. 3 games in anything can happen, we could win our next 5 games.
Win our next 5 games?!? Good one. Classic. Love it. WIn our next five games. Ha, ha, ha. Are they all against L2 Carabao Cup opposition?

Every Blade who has lived through a relegation from the top flight already knows where this is heading. Minimum of a decade outside the Premiership. Optional visits to League One, League Two dependent on actual ineptitude of the board and the five to six managers they'll use during our lower league nomadic period. Discovery of ex-Blade messianic manager a-la-Wilder/Warnock, speedy ascent and brief spell in Premiership with lower league grafters, relegation, start cycle again! Boringly predictable. See you all in Yeovil at some point?!?

You're both right. Total clear-out needed. He needs to start again with what he needs not what he has. They're all mentally scarred and need to move on for themselves as well as for the club. So staying up is the height of the bar this season.

Win our next 5 games?!? Good one. Classic. Love it. WIn our next five games. Ha, ha, ha. Are they all against L2 Carabao Cup opposition?

Every Blade who has lived through a relegation from the top flight already knows where this is heading. Minimum of a decade outside the Premiership. Optional visits to League One, League Two dependent on actual ineptitude of the board and the five to six managers they'll use during our lower league nomadic period. Discovery of ex-Blade messianic manager a-la-Wilder/Warnock, speedy ascent and brief spell in Premiership with lower league grafters, relegation, start cycle again! Boringly predictable. See you all in Yeovil at some point?!?
Wow tha't a bit of a doom & gloom merchant aren't tha?

Why on earth should I be anything other than optimistic when we have highlights like this to look forward to ;-) ...

1629372271882.png

1629372434259.png

This is exactly true
Also another bit of history

When SWFC get relegated to Division Three (League One) whatever we want to call it, we arrive in League One immediately after them.

When we arrive in League One our stuggles continue, whereas they get promoted immediately. It has happened every time.

This situation has got that same feeling written all over it

This is exactly true
Also another bit of history

When SWFC get relegated to Division Three (League One) whatever we want to call it, we arrive in League One immediately after them.

When we arrive in League One our stuggles continue, whereas they get promoted immediately. It has happened every time.

This situation has got that same feeling written all over it
At last someone who can see through the sacred geometry of chance and just know where this is heading...

"Look out, cliff..."

I felt for those supporters who made that trip tonite, Their faces summed up what we all felt- this lot had let them down and the team, the Board, and the Manager should be ashamed of themselves for this performance.
A few years ago I went in the ticket office to buy a ticket for a forthcoming game and I observed a very irate fan demanding his money back for the pathetic display we had just seen! I felt a little like that last night. I spent a total of £118 on ticket, train fare, tram fare and overnight accommodation ( not included food or drink because you need those wherever you are). Some will have spent more but however much, it was a complete waste of money. I thought I'd got away with the £3 tram fare but the conductor appeared just as we pulled into Birmingham :(
Donating a day's wages to charity wouldn't go amiss.

A few years ago I went in the ticket office to buy a ticket for a forthcoming game and I observed a very irate fan demanding his money back for the pathetic display we had just seen! I felt a little like that last night. I spent a total of £118 on ticket, train fare, tram fare and overnight accommodation ( not included food or drink because you need those wherever you are). Some will have spent more but however much, it was a complete waste of money. I thought I'd got away with the £3 tram fare but the conductor appeared just as we pulled into Birmingham :(

I think people in the club need to come out and publicly talk about how poor we are now. I feel like it'd clear the air a bit and let us try to move on.

Not the football cliché shit, "it's not what we wanted"/"we go again" etc, proper honest discourse with the fans about what's going off.

Most of the players look either scared or overstimulated on the pitch, like they're so saturated with pressure they can't perform.

Just get it out, it's not going to make us worse is it.

Some will have spent more but however much, it was a complete waste of money.
I don’t think the players realise how much people sacrifice to watch them put in these abysmal performances.

We’ve just been hammered 4-0 and we’ve still sold out Luton away on the first day of ticket sales.

A bit of appreciation from them wouldn’t go a miss, they serve up dross week in week out, the mad thing is, they don’t seem to give a shit.

I think people in the club need to come out and publicly talk about how poor we are now. I feel like it'd clear the air a bit and let us try to move on.

Not the football cliché shit, "it's not what we wanted"/"we go again" etc, proper honest discourse with the fans about what's going off.

Most of the players look either scared or overstimulated on the pitch, like they're so saturated with pressure they can't perform.

Just get it out, it's not going to make us worse is it.

You may not want to hear the stories behind some of these figures in the most recent statement of accounts, these are all implicit debts...

1629384763644.png

Sooner we're a straight forward Fans-Owned PLC, an adaptation on the Barcelona model, we may feel more responsible and in control of our own club's destiny. The current model hasn't won anything of note since 1925. As long as WE elect the right people for the club's administrative, strategic and football management roles, WE can't do any worse.

Share capital is valued around £30m. So that's around £1k each for a packed to capacity 30k Blades. Worth a thought?

More Accounts Info:
https://s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/document-api-images-live.ch.gov.uk/docs/YHo74EN0KsSFQ3lGffR4MQe0EKDOEOOXwGgkhNoHOLw/application-pdf?X-Amz-Algorithm=AWS4-HMAC-SHA256&X-Amz-Credential=ASIAWRGBDBV3ATAJAEOU%2F20210819%2Feu-west-2%2Fs3%2Faws4_request&X-Amz-Date=20210819T144254Z&X-Amz-Expires=60&X-Amz-Security-Token=IQoJb3JpZ2luX2VjEH0aCWV1LXdlc3QtMiJIMEYCIQDyrNo6FRwciQVuFgP1uoBfO5CYnvj%2FxQHEmMyp9msP8AIhAIcC%2FzECEKXm9xRyoJaavGohLJwQSvqHAiutbuEcERvaKoMECKb%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2FwEQAxoMNDQ5MjI5MDMyODIyIgxSS%2BqYI4849z9k5Psq1wN9gjzF92x3fA9%2FtpOgXLlJc2ug0gLmAnCqJ67K9UNOyIhdpiPT790HzwlwY1ADIF6FEtM740W1RxhYUL4MdxHBOzl9JpaA1R0wmj3TCRO2oPAmtA1MSrECOIe2NgVQdxmZeKxf1AfjQPD9g7fwCgFV%2FMQBMwx9FFQvXel0r%2FH6lM3t0QMV03Cd3n53TeLY5AM0glFUSw3a7PrySj4%2FW4aMKxgjLFZ9WvZNH%2BUGvqGr7ByCFxhyhlZW2hKnuwW4PpVKO3ild9%2B9YrY1he00cWbk0EWAptP1fav2yEx0ZqbOOdb98JQQK0VGpPpqTtdTUuRoTV4lBpEH0HkDDVyc73SszZlCT38VW3B%2BDlN1%2Bp4%2BgK40ZvWCjFhhfw7FEuBiqROyhVzP8zCkNj3SdpAnMUZ0ln%2F1BFHPbZlf7nll0Fe9p1MKX6LvPPaslgyp%2BeWXX0SMsWgofCyTMhffB6zonkiXzHYWoxqNxkjtv8HKJaGX5IzAcUvjGflslEr9%2FnDW70lpw3Y607KjYnc7FmNCTNOZyAyv4fUJv2gh7h8RjT91i0ZiPmmdQWIDT6z2HDASoRBpTucm7dnjiUzCIoQ7etNHbRD22Ei7MqXmPMe63J%2Flm8PY6kSdHkow7pn5iAY6pAHsyFHb3OD9DDynKkct3DuWtSxaEEjRsi%2Fi7eqp2O0dg2LMACDlkeiP720gVsLRb7nrn4Ca5DG7sTGl7wIJjqOeIBshkwnR4XW6Kd0kMitJ%2Fnp6KfqOxS57qTZPmkpQQy1PzdLEQMeMoKi9LMlUBDq8oxF7ZORYIAmoAnB80nLl9nRUeUmz4j8obdf6MGVm8egtId68AvE%2FQYz4nAlGLUkKueopjw%3D%3D&X-Amz-SignedHeaders=host&response-content-disposition=inline%3Bfilename%3D%22companies_house_document.pdf%22&X-Amz-Signature=e13dbaac512c993c531e3babf48b98017a8448cc71f16796a36ad2ce5fa1e649

Nothing but respect for our fans who make these journeys which as you say can be expensive. Would love to get to more away games myself if I can get tickets.

SJ still scratching his head over this one. Don't worry he'll get the spells out by the time Huddersfield rock-up.

Back
Top Bottom