We have bought Ramsdale

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Did a bit of training this morning, swung back past and saw Messi (mentioned in another thread yesterday) heading into reception... He might be hard to make out, but he'd walked directly under the gate just as I snapped....

IMG_20200816_092320.jpg

Did a bit of training this morning, swung back past and saw Messi (mentioned in another thread yesterday) heading into reception... He might be hard to make out, but he'd walked directly under the gate just as I snapped....

View attachment 88695

We've clearly learned after yesterday so we've put screens up so people like Glyn Hodges left foot can't nosey who comes to discuss terms next

View attachment 88695
This is obviously just privacy screening to prevent the paparazzi from snapping our incredible new signings.
Apparently Messi insists on it.

I’m sure most of our fans love Deano Bladezz. But he’s not our player. We’ve been lucky to have him and he’s served us well. But to compare him to any potential new signing is crazy cos Hendo isn’t an option. We can’t afford him it’s as simple as that. We can’t even afford to loan the lad anymore for pity’s sake!

It’s like a spoilt brat who doesn’t want to give back the toy he’s playing with... and then moaning about the toy that’s bought for him.
Can we pin this somewhere?

We can’t sign one of the best young keepers in the country because he is owned by one of the best and biggest clubs in the world. We’ve signed a different one. One we can make even better. That we will own.

this is the reality -

In fairness, that in a nutshell is why Henderson is so good & why we will miss him so much.

Swap the keepers that day & Bournemouth go away with at least 1 point, possibly 3.

The reality though is that Henderson is the first to outgrow us.

Try to think of it like this.
Hendo fully expects to replace a goalie earning £350k pw.
Now then.
What are the chances we could afford him ?
Nil.
So move on.

Yes Deano is a great keeper, but to be fair our defence played a great part of making Deano look great. Next season our defence may make Ramsdale look great.

And if Hendo gets his way and plays for ManUre his every move will be closely scrutinised, his every mistake amplified and analysed over and over again. And he wont be playing behind such a great defence. And he won’t be training with such a close group, with a manager that is looking out for them every day. I hope it works out for him, I really do. But you have to be careful what you wish for...sometimes what you really need is right there under your nose.

And Rambo is going to come in and (we hope) flourish behind our defence, under CW’s stewardship.

I think you’ve got to look at it as if Henderson has come from our academy and played a couple of seasons and eventually been snapped up by the big boys. No transfer fee but has made us money by helping to get us where we are.

Fucking hell Ramers you got to do better than that for us lad 😉😂

Good bit of business, sold 3 years ago for £1m. Bought him back for £18.5m.
Not Chris's fault, just shows how this club as evolved.
Would you have been happy with him as first choice keeper as we tried for promotion from Div 1, let alone from Championship?
(I suppose he could have learnt his trade as he went along!)

You can tell a bloke took delivery of the Ramsdale package at DTBL...says quite clearly on the instructions he needs watering twice a day!

First game for us, he's obviously not Henderson, but he needs time to adapt.
1st game of the season against a side, I think, will go back to Europe this season.
Lots of negatives, first 10 mins being full of them, but we matched them mostly from 20/25mins, just need a striker desperately, unfortunately i think this season will be a bit beyond Didzy, and Sharp and Mcburnie doesnt seem to work brilliantly, Sharp appears to be turning into more of a Duffy type currently????
Thoughts???

Not criticising him but looked as if he is too small didnt appear to get near to the top of the goal on any shots, probabally caught flat footed but needs to be more on his toes

First game for us, he's obviously not Henderson, but he needs time to adapt.
1st game of the season against a side, I think, will go back to Europe this season.
Lots of negatives, first 10 mins being full of them, but we matched them mostly from 20/25mins, just need a striker desperately, unfortunately i think this season will be a bit beyond Didzy, and Sharp and Mcburnie doesnt seem to work brilliantly, Sharp appears to be turning into more of a Duffy type currently????
Thoughts???
Thought we were instantly better when didzy came on tbh.

Didn't say we werent, but his ability to score...........
Aye, I agree, but that opens up the age old debate on whether he's on the pitch as a goalscorer or a creator. I think just saying because he's a forward, his primary role is to score, is a bit simplistic.

Aye, I agree, but that opens up the age old debate on whether he's on the pitch as a goalscorer or a creator. I think just saying because he's a forward, his primary role is to score, is a bit simplistic.
I'd bring him on later in games or start him behind the front 2?
Defo if Berge is playing, and 4 at the back like tonight went to.

His diving style was bizarre. He seemed unable to reach the top third of the goal.
And he dived after the ball had passed 3 times...?
But it's his 1st real game for us, and he's been away on international duty, I'm sure with time he will improve.

Back
Top Bottom