We have bought Ramsdale

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I think this is great news,
We have finally moved on
Phase 1
selling at a time when we needed to , to get what we needed at that time,
Phase 2
Buying the type of players we needed to get to the premier
Phase 2a
Not letting players demand stupid money when we are in the Prem
Phase 3
Not trying to play the existing premier teams at their own game, and being prepared (confident) to do something different
Phase 4
Knowing what we need to do now, and that we need our own players in the prime spots ( not allowing other teams to dictate who we can play , and how much we have to pay them.

This is the Wilder revolution, leave the dinosaur, living in the past nay-sayers to winge.

Carry on using the smoke & mirrors Chris, you're doing a great job
Where pray tell is the smoke and mirrors in paying x 8m over the odds

It's 2020 not 2005 some of us are living in the past when it comes to transfer fees. Every season we secure more Premier League money the more in fees will be demanded by selling clubs.

The Copthorne is closed to the public. I have heard that there is loads of rubber dinghy's in the car park though, a bloke called Nigel told me 😁

I wonder how they come to the value. Is it z case of we ask how much and they say 20 and we barter or is it a case of 5mill,6,7,8 and so on until they go chuffin hell madness we’ll take it.

I’m pleased we’ve got one of our own in goal. Do I care that it’s cost us £20 million? Not really. He wants to be here, has something to prove and isn’t looking for a last pay check. He also has Premier league experience and will grow with us. We were always going to struggle to improve on Henderson.

He may not be Henderson yet, but he is young and he is ours. I'd much rather pay a huge transfer fee, than to get a keeper on huge wages.
We need to keep a wagestructure in place.

Fatal flaw in that 'argument' is that we have paid precisely "the odds" - Bournemouth wanted (at least) 18.5m (or whatever the actual fee is)
- we were willing to pay 18.5m
ergo Ramsdale is 'worth' 18.5 m

NB I wonder iif Bournemouth have a 'sell on' clause !?!?!?!

If we are spending £18.5m on a keeper I think Wilder is fibbing about his budget.

He was never going to come out and say “we’ve got shitloads to spend” was he?! I can’t believe how people start trying to second guess what he’s got to spend. It won’t be Man City money but it won’t be peanuts either. We’ll get what we need player wise and that doesn’t mean the £50m striker that some are demanding.

He was never going to come out and say “we’ve got shitloads to spend” was he?! I can’t believe how people start trying to second guess what he’s got to spend. It won’t be Man City money but it won’t be peanuts either. We’ll get what we need player wise and that doesn’t mean the £50m striker that some are demanding.

Wilder has always said value for money. The fee doesnt kill ya, it the wages/contract.

Fees can be structured, wages have to be paid month on month

Fatal flaw in that 'argument' is that we have paid precisely "the odds" - Bournemouth wanted (at least) 18.5m (or whatever the actual fee is)
- we were willing to pay 18.5m
ergo Ramsdale is 'worth' 18.5 m

NB I wonder iif Bournemouth have a 'sell on' clause !?!?!?!

We sell someone, we sell them cheap even when only one club comes in for them. We buy someone, we pay over the odds.

Who takes the blame now McCabes gone?

It's not a done deal yet, fee agreed but not personal terms as the lad isn't even in the country.

A lot of opinions are that he will be on the plane to the World Cup next year......same level as a certain Dean Henderson, difference is that Ramsdale would be ours.

It's not a done deal yet, fee agreed but not personal terms as the lad isn't even in the country.

A lot of opinions are that he will be on the plane to the World Cup next year......same level as a certain Dean Henderson, difference is that Ramsdale would be ours.
& Ramsdale will definitely be playing every game. At the moment Henderson doesnt even know who he’ll be playing for yet alone starting for next year. I’d have loved for him to sign for us permanently but it wont happen. If he’d have been that bothered he’d have made his case known. If we sign Ramsdale then he’s more chance of going to Euro’s than Henderson. Just my opinion of course.

this is the reality -

Neither keeper did a great deal in that game. Yes Ramsdale was at fault for our equaliser, he tried to come for a ball that he was never going to get to due to the number of defenders in the way... it happens. He will have learned from the incident.
And yes Deano makes the save from Fraser. It was struck well no doubt but it was right at him. If he’d have let it in we’d all have been disappointed... to that end it was a fairly routine save.

Unfortunately the only reality right now is that we don’t have a 1st choice keeper. The reality is that Dean Henderson will never be our keeper. It might help a few to actually grasp that when judging any potential new signing.
Instead of comparing Ramsdale to Henderson... cos it’s neither here nor there... let’s focus on the positive attributes of Ramsdale (or whoever we sign) and the positive impact it’ll have on our club.

I’m sure most of our fans love Deano Bladezz. But he’s not our player. We’ve been lucky to have him and he’s served us well. But to compare him to any potential new signing is crazy cos Hendo isn’t an option. We can’t afford him it’s as simple as that. We can’t even afford to loan the lad anymore for pity’s sake!

It’s like a spoilt brat who doesn’t want to give back the toy he’s playing with... and then moaning about the toy that’s bought for him.

Neither keeper did a great deal in that game. Yes Ramsdale was at fault for our equaliser, he tried to come for a ball that he was never going to get to due to the number of defenders in the way... it happens. He will have learned from the incident.
And yes Deano makes the save from Fraser. It was struck well no doubt but it was right at him. If he’d have let it in we’d all have been disappointed... to that end it was a fairly routine save.

Unfortunately the only reality right now is that we don’t have a 1st choice keeper. The reality is that Dean Henderson will never be our keeper. It might help a few to actually grasp that when judging any potential new signing.
Instead of comparing Ramsdale to Henderson... cos it’s neither here nor there... let’s focus on the positive attributes of Ramsdale (or whoever we sign) and the positive impact it’ll have on our club.

Deano did a couple of unconvincing punches of the ball but got away with them.

We sell someone, we sell them cheap even when only one club comes in for them. We buy someone, we pay over the odds.

Who takes the blame now McCabes gone?

Isn't it obvious ?!?!?!?!?!?!
McCabe of course- after all it was Uncle Kev that sold the club (cheap) to the profligate scatter cash Prince in the 1st place

Worth remembering too that he was at the club for years, so it’s not like we are signing some great unknown.

There is a variable in there (exaggerated to highlight) Ramsdale has to make a save from an unchallenged forward, Hendo makes a save whilst Bash is gangling alongside the striker and Egan's trying to head it off his foot. Will be interesting to compare Ramsdale's stats next season compared with this.
Looking at the data on the attached, xga and goals against suggest he was amongst the lower performers. Defenders will still have some effect though and I think owning our own no 1 is an important step at this stage.

Back
Top Bottom