We cannot play 2 upfront in this division...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Wilder invented over lapping centre halves yes.

Hecky did at time and second half today we saw it a lot more with Basham.
Tbf you didn't say centre halves initially. Forgiven!

no they sat back but could have scored 4 or 5 if they had wanted just like newcastle could have had 12 last week if they had wanted to
How do you know how many they could have scored ?

So now newcastle were holding off as well ?
Ok mate whatever you say

One up front makes sense, but I'm not sure we've got the right person. McBurnie is strong enough, but not fast enough to cause problems. Archer is too lightweight to win anything long. I'll brace fit incoming ridicule, but Brewster may be our best option for that role.

We can't play three at the back as we get exposed down the wings.

We can't play four at the back.

We can't play three in midfield as we've got no width and they run through us.

We can't play four in midfield as we don't have any wide players.

We can't play Norwood and Souza together as they're too defensive and starve the front line of service.

We can't play Hamer and McAtee together as they don't track back and defend when we haven't got the ball.

We can't play two up top.

We can't play with one up top.

Make up your minds! 🤣

Warnock got dogs abuse for playing 1 up front in 2006. That was when we had Rob Hulse for part of the season, one of the best target men we’ve ever had.

We’ve also signed Archer to play up front with McBurnie.

I’d like to see McAtee and Archer behind McBurnie to see how it works, but I think Hecky is a bit wedded to a formation so can’t see us changing.

Whichever formation stops the huge gaping holes all over the pitch and doesn’t encourage players to not track back or close in on the opposition gets my vote.

It's fucking suicide. We don't have enough possession or create enough chances to warrant it. We've got to try and become compact as this is currently embarrassing. We should be starting with Mcburnie up top and playing Davies (or anyone who will stick a foot in) in midfield. If we can't win, we need to try and not lose. Hecky has to find a way of getting a tune out of these players or he'll be gone very soon. We'll beat Derby's record if we continue with these tactics.
We have wasted £18m then on Archer who only functions as part of a 2

We get the money back if we go down
So how does that help ?
We're still carrying a player who can't lead the line instead of one who can.
And he won't bother trying once he knows he's going back.
Wrong player , wrong type of deal.

So how does that help ?
We're still carrying a player who can't lead the line instead of one who can.
And he won't bother trying once he knows he's going back.
Wrong player , wrong type of deal.
Nearly everyone in here were saying in August "WE MUST SIGN ARCHER"

So who we got as the lone striker ?

McB ?
Archer ?
Brew ?
Benni ?
Osu ?
Jeb ?

See where I’m going ???

As I’ve said, x many, dreadfully dreadfully short at the top of the pitch.

UTB.

P.S. fwiw Sharp betters all of the current options for a lone striker role. THATS how short we truly are !!

We need 2 ball winners in midfield IMO McAtee should play in the hole behind the Archer/McBernie and Hamer in the middle of midfield we give the ball away too much so at least we’ve got players that can get it back and allowing more attacking players to do their jobs.

We have wasted £18m then on Archer who only functions as part of a 2
Yes as well as Brewster, Mcburnie and Berge, when we splash the cash the return is poor.
When Mitchell and Wilder were signing the likes of Duffy, Coutts, Fleck ect they couldn't be faulted but the more expensive signings of the past few season have been underwhelming sadly.

I never advocated signing him.
But I am allowed to make a positive comment on his goals v Everton.
I do look for positives.
But he can't play as a lone striker , as shown v Barcodes.

I not that sure it’s all about formation, our inability to press teams further up pitch only serves to put more pressure on our beleaguered defence. Our positioning when we haven’t got the ball is very reactive to our opponents instead of being pro-active. Most of the time our first challenge goes in when the opposition are in our third of the pitch. You have to question our very defensive approach, when we are obviously so crap at it.

Its about how many players are in the best positions at any particular time , not a set fornation.There may be times on the the game we have 10 in our final third , other times just 1. It should never be a set formation. If we have 5 players at any point marking 1 then at least 3 of those need to be pushing forward either to pick up midfielders or find space.What seems to happen , visible on clips of the West Ham game, is when we have too many back , we have a false sense of security and noone picks up the opposition and they just expect someone else to do it. We need to be man for man and then there is more responsibility, we are just not marking players or clearing our lines as basic as it is on the most part

Yes as well as Brewster, Mcburnie and Berge, when we splash the cash the return is poor.
When Mitchell and Wilder were signing the likes of Duffy, Coutts, Fleck ect they couldn't be faulted but the more expensive signings of the past few season have been underwhelming sadly.
Not if you put into context the level of players they are up against
We were pretty much scraping the barrel premier league wise in this transfer market ,even our top signings of hamer and archer were of no interest to any other premier league club

I cant believe we didnt go in for chong for example or choudury or more pertinently both

Not if you put into context the level of players they are up against
We were pretty much scraping the barrel premier league wise in this transfer market ,even our top signings of hamer and archer were of no interest to any other premier league club

I cant believe we didnt go in for chong for example or choudury or more pertinently both
No one we sign would be of any interest to a PL club , that's a given.
But I do think our recruitment could have included a few bigger stronger fitter players , just to give us a chance of making it less easy to get brushed aside , and look less like boys v men.

So who we got as the lone striker ?

McB ?
Archer ?
Brew ?
Benni ?
Osu ?
Jeb ?

See where I’m going ???

As I’ve said, x many, dreadfully dreadfully short at the top of the pitch.

UTB.

P.S. fwiw Sharp betters all of the current options for a lone striker role. THATS how short we truly are !!
Dreadfully short !

UTB

Back
Top Bottom