WE AREN'T UP YET

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I think there's a big difference between being worried that the Blades will bottle it and not wanting to make posts that look like we've already got promoted. Some people are mixing the two up.
I think we'll do it, but I'm not about to ask what people think our PL attendances will be next year.

Exactly both teams on Saturday will start with equal amount of players.
Look what 10 man Wigan did against Leeds.

Genuine realism there from Bert

WE
NEED
TO
BEAT
IPSWICH

It’s the most unpredictable league in Europe. Heads down and let’s smash ‘em.

If people give it the big un on social media and then look silly, too bad. That bit is embarrassing but doesn't really matter

As some others have said, the reason it matters that we realise that we still have a tough game to win, is that if fans turn up thinking the job is already done, it makes it more likely that fans start being nervy and critical if we're still level going into the second half.

Bolton are shit, but we went in 0-0 at half time with them and Ipswich led us at the break. We need to be going into this game realising that we have a serious job of work to do.

I don't doubt that the players will be on it and with the right attitude on Saturday but nervous fans create nervous players and whilst we should beat Ipswich, they draw a lot of games and won't be pushovers. It's not being a killjoy, its saying the fans are combatants not spectators and the attitude we take into Saturday's match can actually make a difference to the outcome.

Precisely. There are enough variables in a game of football to cast doubt over any game. That’s why you still had cup upsets even when top level teams fielded full strength sides against lower league. One bad tackle or a refereeing error can change everything, it’s not all about players’ mindsets.

The worse thing we Blades could do would be to just sit waiting for us to win it, we’ve got to treat Ipswich as if they were as good as Norwich and push the lads on. We’ve definitely got a part to play and if anybody’s thinking that they might be having a moan if we’re not cruising by half-time, do us all a favour and sod off to Scarborough for the day...please.
That is, for me, one of the most important elements to Satdi. If the crowd gets nervous the players will. Even if we concede first, we still have to believe that the boys will deliver. Everyone there has a big part to play so please let’s rip the roof off for 90 minutes

So refuse to be nervous about Saturday. I for one want to enjoy it, watch then go for the throat with the title in mind the week after. I don’t want second or third chances which the Leeds Villa game or our last game at stoke brings.

I want it to be everything these boys deserve. Nervousness whist brings nervous energy, leave it at home

Not sure why some confuse a wish to stay grounded and avoid complacency, with being negative and lacking confidence in the team.

I'm thoroughly enjoying these times and I'm confident in this team. I'm also acutely aware that no Championship game is a gimme 3 points, not to mention that football can be unpredictable.

Players get sent off early for mis-timed tackles, referees make blunders etc etc.

I'm sure being excited about the prospect without taking it as a given is something most can achieve without messing their pants early.

Not sure what time Villa ko against Leeds but if they start before us and win then there's real pressure on us. We should do it but as has been said anything can happen (Millwall, Wigan 10 men at Leeds ) . Last home matches, Don Givens pen, Danny Webber hitting the post against Wigan, haven't gone well let's hope we buck the trend.

Not sure what time Villa ko against Leeds but if they start before us and win then there's real pressure on us. We should do it but as has been said anything can happen (Millwall, Wigan 10 men at Leeds ) . Last home matches, Don Givens pen, Danny Webber hitting the post against Wigan, haven't gone well let's hope we buck the trend.

They play Sunday.

Genuine realism there from Bert

WE
NEED
TO
BEAT
IPSWICH

It’s the most unpredictable league in Europe. Heads down and let’s smash ‘em.
Is it the most unpredictable league in Europe ? I reckon one division down from the championship is more unpredictable .

There's a high level of preemptive wanker posts knocking about today. People need to calm down.

We just have to win on Saturday. Ipswich will not want to lose, but their big game is that last one at home. They will want to win that last Championship game in front of their fans.
Let's not forget Villa will want to keep their winning ways going to set them up going into the playoffs.
Villa are also 2 points behind WBA they will want to finish ahead of WBA to gain home advantage for the playoffs.They have a chance as WBA are at Derby on the last day,Derby are in a battle for 6th spot with Boro and Bristol and will need points.Leeds will find Villa a very tough game to come away with anything.

From my angle we have a few bites of the cherry. We have two opportunities of our own, in our remaining two fixtures to get three points. Meanwhile should Leeds lose one of their two games, we are all but promoted. Should we get a draw and Leeds draw v Villa then we are all but promoted. If we don't get promoted from this position then we don't deserve it and all credit to Leeds for hanging in there! In all probability we should do it, and the game vs Ipswich isn't do or die, but our history indicates that we are quite adept at clutching defeat from the jaws of victory!

I had a great buzz about it all this weekend.

But this morning I've rolled the excitement back a little...

I'm sure Wilder will have had a peroni or 2 after the match but this morning he will be back prepping for Ipswich.

Exactly both teams on Saturday will start with equal amount of players.
Look what 10 man Wigan did against Leeds.

Wigan are a far better side than Ipswich. I understand the caution of some on here but I won't be part of it. If we can't turnover a side at home that have won 4 games all season then we don't deserve to go up.

Bump to keep this at the top until Saturday...
"We are shit get used to it"

I quote ive used since the late 60's

Wilder....and Knill and the squad have got us into an incredible position playing some great football most of the time!

Things can go wrong and fall apart as most Blades of any years understand.

Hopefully Saturday will be a special day but let's all wait to raise those beers.

Whatever happens...what a great season! :)

UTB!

Can someone please let me know again that we aren't promoted yet.

I didn't know, I thought we were.

Wigan are a far better side than Ipswich. I understand the caution of some on here but I won't be part of it. If we can't turnover a side at home that have won 4 games all season then we don't deserve to go up.
Some of us wouldn't object too much if we went up and didn't quite deserve it.

If we lose against Ipswich and Leeds beat Villa then we are still favourites for promotion.

If we beat Stoke then Leeds would need to beat Ipswich by about 9 goals, not going to happen.
So even if we lose to Ipswich we are still favourites for the auto’s.

Also you can bet that Wilder will have learnt from Leeds home defeat to Wigan, there is no way he will under estimate Ipswich and he’ll have the players prepared. We just need to keep our eyes on the prize and not get complacent.
We also only drew against Stoke at home. We need to better those results but food for thought. Struggling to see Villa putting a foot wrong though.

Last time we were home and hosed, 4 ahead and to play. That didn't turn out so well.

Ipswich still have some decent players and they'll be blooding a few fearless youngsters.

Last edited:
Like somebody else previously said, there’s only one club in the world that could mess this up and that’s us. I’m going to go for a 0-0 draw and a draw against Stoke and Leeds get promoted.

Unfortunately, that is not an unbelievable scenario.

Like somebody else previously said, there’s only one club in the world that could mess this up and that’s us. I’m going to go for a 0-0 draw and a draw against Stoke and Leeds get promoted.

Accept that it's a possible scenario but it's such a pre wilder era Blades outcome. This team delivers and will do so on Saturday.

Back
Top Bottom