Vinnie Jones

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Didn't she have a heart transplant years ago

Best wishes, Vinnie. So sad.

Sorry to hear this. Thoughts with Vinnie and family.
RIP.

After shooting to fame in 1986 when he was signed for Wimbledon, he had an incredible career playing for Leeds United, Sheffield, Chelsea and QPR, but he battled demons alongside his outward success. Dogged by alcoholism and mental health struggles, he says: “I was 19 or 20 before I even had a drink.” But it didn’t take long for addiction to take over.

“It’s all rot. You're rotting from the inside out,” he says. “I didn't talk about it to anybody.” Battling what he calls “the monster,” Vinnie was a talented midfielder, known for his highly aggressive style of play. This image was compounded by the now infamous photograph of him grabbing Newcastle United player Paul Gascoigne by the genitals in a 1998 match.

But while footballing fouls got him into trouble, Vinnie’s reputation off the pitch was even wilder. And he blames one thing loudly and clearly for his behaviour - drink. Having struggled with his mental health from a young age, after bottling up childhood trauma that stemmed from his parents' tricky divorce, while his boozing started out as fun, some of his actions were impossible to laugh off. From todays Mirror looks rough , but well done to him .

After shooting to fame in 1986 when he was signed for Wimbledon, he had an incredible career playing for Leeds United, Sheffield, Chelsea and QPR, but he battled demons alongside his outward success. Dogged by alcoholism and mental health struggles, he says: “I was 19 or 20 before I even had a drink.” But it didn’t take long for addiction to take over.

“It’s all rot. You're rotting from the inside out,” he says. “I didn't talk about it to anybody.” Battling what he calls “the monster,” Vinnie was a talented midfielder, known for his highly aggressive style of play. This image was compounded by the now infamous photograph of him grabbing Newcastle United player Paul Gascoigne by the genitals in a 1998 match.

But while footballing fouls got him into trouble, Vinnie’s reputation off the pitch was even wilder. And he blames one thing loudly and clearly for his behaviour - drink. Having struggled with his mental health from a young age, after bottling up childhood trauma that stemmed from his parents' tricky divorce, while his boozing started out as fun, some of his actions were impossible to laugh off. From todays Mirror looks rough , but well done to him .

His show on Discovery+ is well worth the watch. He does talk about some of this stuff and he is one of a few people who is still trying to help Gazza with his addiction.

His love for his wife was amazing.
The bloke really is a true gentleman.
He fought all odds as a footballer but the man's a total gentleman.

Back
Top Bottom