Matchday 16 Graph - Blades Bust Bees Business Plan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

ucandomagic

Reaction score
Quite a week. I was convinced VAR was going to give them a penalty at the death - but all was well and it was all pretty emotional at full time. Vinnie has now joined George, JLT and McA as my current personal favourites. VAR decisions continue to astound me. Palace had a penalty denied because of a foul before the penalty foul that was only half as bad as the Liverpool foul on Bogle on Wednesday. The assault on Vinnie today was a stone wall red, and in the Arsenal game their bloke had his leg kicked from under him and the ref wasn't even called over to look at it. I'm actually a big fan of VAR technology - but not of the idiots who are interpreting it.

Just a quick one tonight - as I was very late getting home - so I'll just post the main graph. This compares our last 2 Premier League seasons with this season and with various probability survival curves. You can see that with 8 points from 16 games we are 6 points ahead of where we were in 20/21, so this season isn't anywhere near as bad as that. Also, we are 6 points behind the 50% survival curve - so only a couple of surprise wins away - Wilder things have happened!

Matchday 16 - Survival Graph.jpg

A snap look at the table shows the size of our task. I always look for patterns in the colours - so it is interesting that our two wins are next to each other. Perhaps they are home wins against mid table teams who don't just sit back at the Lane, but aren't of the quality of the higher teams to beat us.

Matchday 16 - Table.jpg

Chelsea and Villa away before Luton on Boxing Day - so any points before then will be a bonus. The 50% Survival Graph only takes 1 point from the 2 games before taking 3 points from Luton - so let's hope we can at least match that.

UTB & Slava Ukraini

Wilder is averaging 1.5 points per game so far (obviously small sample size)

But we only need to average 1.36 pts per game to reach the magic 38 points total.

So far, so good!

Quite a week. I was convinced VAR was going to give them a penalty at the death - but all was well and it was all pretty emotional at full time. Vinnie has now joined George, JLT and McA as my current personal favourites. VAR decisions continue to astound me. Palace had a penalty denied because of a foul before the penalty foul that was only half as bad as the Liverpool foul on Bogle on Wednesday. The assault on Vinnie today was a stone wall red, and in the Arsenal game their bloke had his leg kicked from under him and the ref wasn't even called over to look at it. I'm actually a big fan of VAR technology - but not of the idiots who are interpreting it.

Just a quick one tonight - as I was very late getting home - so I'll just post the main graph. This compares our last 2 Premier League seasons with this season and with various probability survival curves. You can see that with 8 points from 16 games we are 6 points ahead of where we were in 20/21, so this season isn't anywhere near as bad as that. Also, we are 6 points behind the 50% survival curve - so only a couple of surprise wins away - Wilder things have happened!

View attachment 175953

A snap look at the table shows the size of our task. I always look for patterns in the colours - so it is interesting that our two wins are next to each other. Perhaps they are home wins against mid table teams who don't just sit back at the Lane, but aren't of the quality of the higher teams to beat us.

View attachment 175954

Chelsea and Villa away before Luton on Boxing Day - so any points before then will be a bonus. The 50% Survival Graph only takes 1 point from the 2 games before taking 3 points from Luton - so let's hope we can at least match that.

UTB & Slava Ukraini
Great stuff Graphman - Happy Days Are Back.

Can’t believe how Wilder has turned Bogle into a quality defender in 2 training sessions. I guess that it was his old position, so he knows the tricks better than anywhere. You can add Bogle to your list of favourite players for me.

UTB & FTP

View attachment 175953

View attachment 175954

UTB & Slava Ukraini
We are now ahead of what we were after 16 games in 1975/76 and 1990/91 too
1 win and 2 draws in 1975/76
0 wins and 4 draws in 1990/91

View attachment 175954
Add back Everton's points deduction and the other point at home was against a team just above Brentford and Wolves

Back
Top Bottom