Vini Souza

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I would urge anyone who believes Souza improves our midfield just to watch him for a few minutes during a live game.

He is constantly out of position, rarely tracks a runner, does not read the game and is slow to react.

I’ve heard the ‘highest number of tackles’argument but if you watch him you will see that many of them should never have needed a tackle if he had tracked a runner or anticipated a pass. Most of them are recovery tackles…..and his passing is poor to average.

Other than that - just what we need next year! 😔

Like I said he was playing in possibly one of the worst premier league teams under hecky

There is quite clearly a very good Player in there as he had a good season in Spain and premier league teams wanted to sign him.
He has also shown he can be a very good player for us but also not so great

I think there is a top defensive midlfielder in there and it would be pointless to sell him
Well I always think it’s good when supporters are positive about players. So good on you for sticking with him.

I think there’s only you and a few others who think there’s any sort of player in their.

Hopefully he comes good, personally I’d take anything for him and move on and replace with players that we know are top championship standard players.

Well I always think it’s good when supporters are positive about players. So good on you for sticking with him.

I think there’s only you and a few others who think there’s any sort of player in their.

Hopefully he comes good, personally I’d take anything for him and move on and replace with players that we know are top championship standard players.
I’d move on and replace him with a sideboard

Go and read the posts after the Luton game people are fickle

Go and read the posts after the Luton game people are fickle
He got credit for the Luton game. I’m a big critic and he was exceptional in that game. I hoped he would kick on but he didn’t.

He’s a centre midfielder who has a 1 in 20 great game.

He’s now at 20th place blades a 19 year old has kicked him out of his spot and he’s benched.

I would urge anyone who believes Souza improves our midfield just to watch him for a few minutes during a live game.

He is constantly out of position, rarely tracks a runner, does not read the game and is slow to react.

I’ve heard the ‘highest number of tackles’argument but if you watch him you will see that many of them should never have needed a tackle if he had tracked a runner or anticipated a pass. Most of them are recovery tackles…..and his passing is poor to average.

Other than that - just what we need next year! 😔
Is there a chance he is out of position due to his teammates not chippipng in at times, and he is out of position covering them? Its incredible that our whole midfield is failing due to one player. We will smash the league next year without him and Grbic by all accounts.

I mean left and right wingbacks and central defence have been brilliant defensively so he only has to concentrate on centre mid.... plus the rest of the middle have been strong, and the forwards are excellent at holding up the ball. 😄

We should do what Billy Beane does in Moneyball and make sure he's marketed for a move - using his most tackles stats plus any other random positive stats. He's crap but we need the cash!

We should do what Billy Beane does in Moneyball and make sure he's marketed for a move - using his most tackles stats plus any other random positive stats. He's crap but we need the cash!

Christ, while employing Moneyball style strategies is exactly what we should be doing, it would create shoes/car park situations pretty quickly

Fuck him. Utter embarrassment of a player

What a coincidence that we revert to being a spineless chaotic wreck as soon as he returns to the team
Was going to say the same. Just when we'd stumbled on a midfield 3 with a bit of energy and movement, Wilder decides to shift one of them to LB (incidentally thought Osborn was great again today).

He made a lovely pass straight out for a throw in first half. Managed to disect both their defence and our attack with one simple ball.

With Hamer explaining even to the cheap seats at the back that he couldn't go for it, Souza still played it in his vague direction, and even that was so bad that Hamer wouldn't have reached it anyway!

With Hamer explaining even to the cheap seats at the back that he couldn't go for it, Souza still played it in his vague direction, and even that was so bad that Hamer wouldn't have reached it anyway!
I think that was peak Sousa. Hamer with his hands up for about 10 seconds saying he was offside and Souza still played it to him. Thick.

The way he ran off the pitch when his number came up was the quickest I've seen him move.

His complete abdication of responsibility for their third today was utterly appalling.
A soon as the 4th went in he got out of the dugout and ran straight down the tunnel

I hope he kept running …

I’ve stood up for him previously but he was poor today (amongst many other games recently). I expected him to be limited on the ball so that’s fine but i expect more from him defensively. Far too many times when he should’ve pressed his man he allowed them too much space and they gained 40 yards on our goal while he trotted vaguely near them. Positionally he gets caught out to many times. He did a couple of good things but they were heavily outweighed by the bad bits today.

A soon as the 4th went in he got out of the dugout and ran straight down the tunnel

I hope he kept running …
It was my first game at the lane for a while today, been to a couple of away games but ‘fortunately’ I’ve missed the last few home games due to commitments.

What was noticeable is how toxic it’s turning - Ironic cheers for Grbic when he made a save second half. Cheering Souza substitution it’s something I’ve not experienced since the league one days.

All I can hope next season is that we see a team out there that represents the ethics of the club, I listen to some of the fans around me and with United if you’re working hard, not shirking from a tackle & leaving everything on the pitch we’ll accept defeat if we have to. But what we won’t accept is half hearted jogs back when a team is attacking, pathetic attempts at tracking your man, unacceptable goals going in through keepers hands.

To be honest right now, I might be the only one but I think Widler can turn things around because he was the last person to turn it around when things got really bad. However, he’s got a job on his hands & an owner that’s making it up as he goes on.

Back
Top Bottom