Vini Souza

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Apart from winning the 2nd most tackles on the premier league? :)
And why is that you’ve got to ask? Probably from chasing down his own misplaced passes!

He’s just trying to build his stats up so he can get in the Brazil team! 🤣

He's absolute dross. A handful of good performances among a load of rubbish the rest of the time.

All well and good making loads of tackles but not if you proceed to pass the ball back to the opposition.

Not quite sure what will become of him or what our plans are for him next season but he's one that if he was shipped out, I don't think many would be bothered about seeing the back of him.

Hamer and BBD have been the only decent signings we've made. Archer has been ok, Holgate perhaps not as bad as the others.

Trusty, Souza, Larouci, Slimane, Grbic, Traore, Davies - all about as much use as a chocolate teapot.

And why is that you’ve got to ask? Probably from chasing down his own misplaced passes!

He’s just trying to build his stats up so he can get in the Brazil team! 🤣
I think that’s a bit harsh, the stats (only tackling though) are quite impressive, even if you allow for a bit if what you say.

But we can agree that he’s not nearly of the quality he thinks he is himself. :)

What tripe is thsi

My mate at work was talking with him in The Porter Cottage last week and he said Vinni is going to be his next captain and Norwood going in Goal as his pointing is likely to stop more shot than the present resident in said position
Fuck me, I’m only saying what a mate said to me at work! Burn me at the stake everybody!

I’ll put on record that i think he has ability, defensively, and brings value. He’s know where near the quality of a Berge or Doyle ability wise though, and to me a strange signing. Still missing a huge void of quality in CM and Ndiaye hasn’t been replaced. That’s a different point though.

I think in possession he has a lot to improve on but then so do the rest of our midfeld. He’s not bad on the ball by our standards but he’s a fucking mile away from Brazil levels so he’s deluded if he thinks we are blocking his pathway. He’s a top end championship player really. Def not prem quality. If he could improve his on ball skills, composure and passing he would be a pretty decent player.

One thing i don’t like is how quick he is to point blame at other in the team and whinge when at times he goes missing and makes mistakes.

Crikey people really do change there opinions like the wind

After Luton he was the second coming of Romario

After getting probably misquoted in a brazillian interview he is now dean Hammond

I like him and he is far better than Ben Osborn as a midfield option IMO

Vini will want out when we are relegated
Championship football won’t suit his style of play anyway (in my opinion)

Personally, I wouldn’t miss him if he fks off.
Question will be, will anyone take him on for the fee PA will want

After getting probably misquoted in a brazillian interview he is now dean Hammond

Strange take

My mate was talking to Wilder in champs on Saturday night and he couldn't remember who Souza was, quote ... "is he that useless one who plays in goal that i signed to win a bet"

He also said Brewster is a future England captain and anyone was says otherwise is either a queer, a lass or a southerner .... then he was sick on his shoes and asked to leave by the bouncers

Nope been terrible all season. Was excellent against Luton. Makes lots of tackles out of position.

He cripples the side and cannot build play.

Osborn is average at best and he’s well clear of Vini

My mate was talking to Wilder in champs on Saturday night and he couldn't remember who Souza was, quote ... "is he that useless one who plays in goal that i signed to win a bet"

He also said Brewster is a future England captain and anyone was says otherwise is either a queer, a lass or a southerner .... then he was sick on his shoes and asked to leave by the bouncers
Liar!!!

That was Dempseys, not Champs!

Nope been terrible all season. Was excellent against Luton. Makes lots of tackles out of position.

Your talking absolute waffle your opinion is based on what other people are saying

I think he has looked lost at times but also excellent in games such as Liverpool and Brentford at home

He has also been playing in the worst prem team ever pre wilder under the previous Innept manager

Stick him in a 3 with Hamer and Arblaster then we will see how good he is

There is zero point selling him on the cheap he will have 4 years left on his contract

I think that’s a bit harsh, the stats (only tackling though) are quite impressive, even if you allow for a bit if what you say.

But we can agree that he’s not nearly of the quality he thinks he is himself. :)
He's one of a few who tries to keep possession and look for the pass but due to no movement of the ball or belief most of them just want to get rid of it

Just for clarity who was sick on whos shoes

I sort of agree with the Osborn scenario as Ben does exactly what is asked of him which is plain and simple - break up play, defend when we’re under pressure, be energetic and support the attack when needed. Vinny was bought to be a midfielder enforcer or at least offer some quality to the midfield, which he has struggled to do all season apart from the odd game.

Your talking absolute waffle your opinion is based on what other people are saying

I think he has looked lost at times but also excellent in games such as Liverpool and Brentford at home

He has also been playing in the worst prem team ever pre wilder under the previous Innept manager

Stick him in a 3 with Hamer and Arblaster then we will see how good he is

There is zero point selling him on the cheap he will have 4 years left on his contract
I saw the warning signs after 4/5 games. I’ve been very vocal about Vini. I will give him praise when due, agree Liverpool and Luton was very good.

But he’s been a horrific signing for the reported £10-12m rumoured fee. He’s constantly out of position and would be the first to be moved on.

Wilder now doesn’t start him and only brings him on when needs be. Didn’t take him long to see how bad he was.

I saw the warning signs after 4/5 games. I’ve been very vocal about Vini. I will give him praise when due, agree Liverpool and Luton was very good.

But he’s been a horrific signing for the reported £10-12m rumoured fee. He’s constantly out of position and would be the first to be moved on.

Wilder now doesn’t start him and only brings him on when needs be. Didn’t take him long to see how bad he was.

Like I said he was playing in possibly one of the worst premier league teams under hecky

There is quite clearly a very good Player in there as he had a good season in Spain and premier league teams wanted to sign him.
He has also shown he can be a very good player for us but also not so great

I think there is a top defensive midlfielder in there and it would be pointless to sell him

Like I said he was playing in possibly one of the worst premier league teams under hecky

There is quite clearly a very good Player in there as he had a good season in Spain and premier league teams wanted to sign him.
He has also shown he can be a very good player for us but also not so great

I think there is a top defensive midlfielder in there and it would be pointless to sell him
Exactly this mate… the misgivings of the rest of the team make him look bad…the reason he looks bad is that he’s constantly dragged out of his position because of the obvious lack of nous of the other players

Exactly this mate… the misgivings of the rest of the team make him look bad…the reason he looks bad is that he’s constantly dragged out of his position because of the obvious lack of nous of the other players

You can say he has been poor this season but also say there is a good player in there somewhere

Most of our fans don’t undertand that its either he’s crap sell sell sell or he is Messi

You can say he has been poor this season but also say there is a good player in there somewhere

Most of our fans don’t undertand that its either he’s crap sell sell sell or he is Messi
You need to judge a player playing his best position… against Luton where everyone played well and he could stick to that rectangle down the middle he was immense.

As soo as he gets pull out wide he looks woeful but he shouldn’t be getting pulled out wide

He might well look decent in the Championship if/when he plays for us at that level but we can say the same for most of our squad, they did get promoted from the Championship after all. Premier League quality, just a bit of it is what can keep you in the Premier League.

Palace for example have 3 or 4 quality players and a load of filler, same with most of the others in the bottom half of the table. We have all the filler but none of the quality because we let them go or didn't stump up the cash, hence we we ended up with Vini Souza instead of Tommy Doyle.

I sort of agree with the Osborn scenario as Ben does exactly what is asked of him which is plain and simple - break up play, defend when we’re under pressure, be energetic and support the attack when needed. Vinny was bought to be a midfielder enforcer or at least offer some quality to the midfield, which he has struggled to do all season apart from the odd game.

Winning the ball isn't the issue, it's what he does with it afterwards.

You need to judge a player playing his best position… against Luton where everyone played well and he could stick to that rectangle down the middle he was immense.

As soo as he gets pull out wide he looks woeful but he shouldn’t be getting pulled out wide

Exactly. He looks like he doesn't look like he knows what to do when playing RCM or LCM.

Winning the ball isn't the issue, it's what he does with it afterwards.
Which, to be fair, is what the Espanyol fans said (IIRC)

Exactly. He looks like he doesn't look like he knows what to do when playing RCM or LCM.

I have no idea why both of our managers have tried to play him at RCM. Hecky playing Souza out of position to accomodate the immobile Norwood played a very big part in us being bottom and him getting sacked.

Which, to be fair, is what the Espanyol fans said (IIRC)

I have no idea why both of our managers have tried to play him at RCM. Hecky playing Souza out of position to accomodate the immobile Norwood played a very big part in us being bottom and him getting sacked.

Anyone with eyes could see Norwood and Souza was not a pairing that would work. Norwood's demise in the last 24 months or so has been quite dramatic.

Back
Top Bottom