Player Suggestion Viktor Johansson

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I’ve got a horrible feeling Adam Davis will number 2 goalie and Girbic number one, Davis played in under 23s other day so expecting a new deal for him hope I’m totally wrong but.

If he has a release clause, which it is widely believed to be the case, there is no bidding war, it then comes down to who offers the best terms. Same sort of thing for sure, but it is not as if another club can just say to Rotherham they'll pay twice as much in transfer fee and that'll get it done, it doesn't work like that
What prevents Rovrum accepting any bid(s) in excess of the ‘release clause’ if the player is happy to sign for a(ny) club that ‘wins’ a ‘bidding war’ ?
Both keeper & club (could) benefit from escalation of the ‘basic’ price

What prevents Rovrum accepting any bid(s) in excess of the ‘release clause’ if the player is happy to sign for a(ny) club that ‘wins’ a ‘bidding war’ ?

There is nothing prevent Rotherham from doing so if a club is idiotic enough to bid more than the release clause. I also am struggling to see how Johanssen could ever benefit from such lunacy, any money spent to Rotherham in excess of the release clause is money that could otherwise go on his wages

The buying club might as well just trigger the release and then put any extra money towards a signing on bonus for the player in order give themselves a better chance of making the signing.

The player won't sign for a team he doesn't want to sign for just because they've offered a little bit more in transfer fee.

There is nothing prevent Rotherham from doing so if a club is idiotic enough to bid more than the release clause. I also am struggling to see how Johanssen could ever benefit from such lunacy, any money spent to Rotherham in excess of the release clause is money that could otherwise go on his wages
That assumes that the ‘release clause is deemed his (market) value - surely the figure is what the club will (must?) countenance a sale.
We don’t have to look far to identify (idiotic) clubs paying (considerably) over the odds irrespective of any release clause.
We could have signed Grbic for nowt in July
Won’t Johansson get a (greater) % of any transfer fee & still be able to negotiate (significantly increased) wages to his ‘satisfaction’ ? I’d hazard a guess that he (& his advisers) are sufficiently numerate to calculate whether a higher fee with ‘lower’ (relative) wages is more financially beneficial than a lower fee with ‘enhanced’ wages funded by / through the lower transfer fee ?

That assumes that the ‘release clause is deemed his (market) value - surely the figure is what the club will (must?) countenance a sale.
We don’t have to look far to identify (idiotic) clubs paying (considerably) over the odds irrespective of any release clause.
We could have signed Grbic for nowt in July
Won’t Johansson get a (greater) % of any transfer fee & still be able to negotiate (significantly increased) wages to his ‘satisfaction’ ? I’d hazard a guess that he (& his advisers) are sufficiently numerate to calculate whether a higher fee with ‘lower’ (relative) wages is more financially beneficial than a lower fee with ‘enhanced’ wages funded by / through the lower transfer fee ?
They have to accept any bids that meet the release clause so why would anyone offer more?

Rovrum should take the bait at season end, then have all summer to spend it and we have a keeper in straight away for pre season tour etc to bed in

Just want to jump in here and ask,
Is he any good?
Because not only is the Championship pretty crap this season but Rotherham are absolutely hopeless in it.

I think I read somewhere that he saves more goals, per game, than any other keeper, due to the fact that Rotherham's defence can't stop anyone getting through. Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but when I watched the EFL highlights, at the weekend, he pulled off a couple of good saves.

Why would you go into the shop for a pint of milk at £1.50 and offer to pay £5 ?

I’ve got a horrible feeling Adam Davis will number 2 goalie and Girbic number one, Davis played in under 23s other day so expecting a new deal for him hope I’m totally wrong but.
I don’t mind having him as third choice or even second choice.

But we need a good #1 and it’s not Grbic.

The buying club might as well just trigger the release and then put any extra money towards a signing on bonus for the player in order give themselves a better chance of making the signing.

The player won't sign for a team he doesn't want to sign for just because they've offered a little bit more in transfer fee.
Why would you go into the shop for a pint of milk at £1.50 and offer to pay £5 ?
To make sure you get the (last / only) milk
Why do folk offer / pay over the asking price for a house?

You could bid 1.5m for him, stoke could bid 5m for him. It’s the same outcome, stoke (as an example) would put themselves at a disadvantage as they’d not be able to offer the extra as a signing on fee.

Then United offer 1.5m to match his release clause and the money they’ve saved to Johansson.
Which assumes both putative purchasers have the same budget / valuation
My initial ‘point’ (sic) was / is club(s) / player (representative) have the opportunity/ capacity to gerrymander any deal

My initial ‘point’ (sic) was / is club(s) / player (representative) have the opportunity/ capacity to gerrymander any deal
The player/agent have the opportunity to earn more. Rotherham have 0 chance to earn more. Purely on a financial basis. Why is a club going to offer more when the minimum is enough? Rotherham aren’t going to persuade him to join a club offering more.. simply as there won’t be a club offering more.

They don't though!
If the release clause is £1.5m any club that offers that has the opportunity to discuss a signing on fee and wages with the player. Rotherham can't refuse the offer and have no further say or control at that point and the decision on who to join is entirely down to the player.
There is absolutely no point in a club offering more than the release clause as Rotherham have to accept a bid that matches the release clause.
The purchase price for any team is the release clause, not a penny more.
If 20 teams match the release clause fee, then the player/agent is permitted to discuss a signing on fee and personal terms with all 20 clubs and will choose the most appealing offer!
UTB

Standard negotiating… but half the work is done with the club. Just down to persuading the player. We are seen as the bigger fish in the league and he would be our first choice goalkeeper.

Back
Top Bottom